2nds WAFL / Beagles Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no injuries and the fans will start flocking to the WAFL games?

I'm not sure why you are pursuing this line. I don't think impact on the gate is anyone's argument for West Coast getting what they want from the WAFL.

I doubt WAFL club infrastructure could handle an influx of crowd numbers at any rate. I took the kids to a game at Leedy, early in the Beagles life. I reckon the crowd may have been nudging 2000-2500 tops. Spent over a quarter in line for some hot chips and called barleys on using the loo after peering into the shed. A crowd of 5000 would have been like a recreation of the Superdome during Cyclone Katrina.

I'm not sure why you are pursuing this line. I don't think impact on the gate is anyone's argument for West Coast getting what they want from the WAFL.

I doubt WAFL club infrastructure could handle an influx of crowd numbers at any rate. I took the kids to a game at Leedy, early in the Beagles life. I reckon the crowd may have been nudging 2000-2500 tops. Spent over a quarter in line for some hot chips and called barleys on using the loo after peering into the shed. A crowd of 5000 would have been like a recreation of the Superdome during Cyclone Katrina.

I am not sure why you are pursuing to bag the WAFL, you don’t like it then don’t go and don’t watch it or have any interest in it.
And then maybe keep your ill informed opinions on how it all works and is run.
You need to stop believing what AFL clubs say, it’s mostly not factual.

And ps, the Eagles have more than enough concessions. Unfortunately their football program is so far behind other AFL clubs that they need to try and find others to blame instead of looking within where the whole problem is.

I am not sure why you are pursuing to bag the WAFL, you don’t like it then don’t go and don’t watch it or have any interest in it.
And then maybe keep your ill informed opinions on how it all works and is run.
You need to stop believing what AFL clubs say, it’s mostly not factual.

Awesome attitude.

Will be you and five other 75 yr olds watching the games the way it's going.

Ok, so the alternative is let the Eagles recruit the best players from every WAFL club, be able to ignore the salary cap. Pretty much do what they want.

Now thats some progressive thinking there.

When have they ever declared such intentions? They are simply trying to find a model where they aren't being belted by 200 points each week.

The reality is the WAFL is a dead comp in its current state that refuses to attempt to try and improve itself to make it sustainable going forward. It's run by insular morons who are too interested in reliving past glories than actually bringing about a better competition.

When have they ever declared such intentions? They are simply trying to find a model where they aren't being belted by 200 points each week.

The reality is the WAFL is a dead comp in its current state that refuses to attempt to try and improve itself to make it sustainable going forward. It's run by insular morons who are too interested in reliving past glories than actually bringing about a better competition.

Now the other WAFL clubs are the reason the unprofessional football program being in place at the WCE and caused all the injuries.

Without all those injuries they would not get belted every week.

As for the rest of your post there might be something in that but that again falls on the WAFC more so than the clubs.

As for the rest of your post there might be something in that but that again falls on the WAFC more so than the clubs.

So you agree the WAFC needs an overhaul, but you disagreed when I said it needed a clean out :think:

You seem to be contradicted there

Now the other WAFL clubs are the reason the unprofessional football program being in place at the WCE and caused all the injuries.

Without all those injuries they would not get belted every week.

Reading comprehension is a thing.

Find me where the Eagles have blamed the WAFL clubs for their injury issues.

Without injuries the Beagles are competitive but guess what, injuries happen and we've been smashed by them.

It's terrible for the WAFL having 200 point margins and non competitive games but old stubborn heads like yourself would happily see the competition die an unnecessary death just to see the 'integrity' of an already failed competition remain intact. (Hint here, if a team is a free win and percentage boost, then it's already compromised.)

The WAFL clubs are the ones who vote, they are as responsible as the WAFC as to how utterly laughable the state of the league is as a whole.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading comprehension is a thing.

Find me where the Eagles have blame the WAFL clubs for their injury issues.

Without injuries the Beagles are competitive but guess what, injuries happen and we've been smashed by them.

It's terrible for the WAFL having 200 point margins and non competitive games but old stubborn heads like yourself would happily see the competition die an unnecessary death just to see the 'integrity' of an already failed competition remain intact. (Hint here, if a team is a free win and percentage boost, then it's already compromised.)

The WAFL clubs are the ones who vote, they are as responsible as the WAFC as to how utterly laughable the state of the league is as a whole.

Of course its terrible to have margins like that. The Eagles need to address why they get so many injuries. Look within.
How is it a failed competition? Do you think that just because the Eagles don't get their way?
Why would i want the comp to die?
The AFL is the most compromised comp in the country and the AFL openly admits it is.
The WAFL clubs have agreed to even more concessions for the Eagles this year, the poor WAFL clubs have to deal with this child like behaviour from the Eagles yearly.

What is it you think the WAFL clubs should do for the Eagles? Gove up their 3 best players to them?
Give me what you think should happen.

Would be a disaster for the WAFL, he has already done enough damage to the league.
Genuine question for you GWS.
Do you think the appointment of Don Pyke could be a positive with regard to relations between WAFL & WCE?
I don't have any answers at all, but would like both parties to benefit.

Genuine question for you GWS.
Do you think the appointment of Don Pyke could be a positive with regard to relations between WAFL & WCE?
I don't have any answers at all, but would like both parties to benefit.

I genuinely think yes. Don is a proud Claremont man and an advocate of the WAFL. His job now is to dop whats best for the WCE and if that is work with the WAFL to find a system that works then I think he will do it with a more open mind than the Eagles have in recent times.
Dictating gets you nowhere.
I like you hope they can find a solution that helps both the Eagles and the WAFL as a whole.

The talk of a national reserves comp I don't think is going to help things though, rightly or wrongly the clubs might say why should we do you anymore favours if your going to just walk away in a couple of years.

I hope they can all act like adults though and do the right thing together.

Of course its terrible to have margins like that. The Eagles need to address why they get so many injuries. Look within.
How is it a failed competition? Do you think that just because the Eagles don't get their way?
Why would i want the comp to die?
The AFL is the most compromised comp in the country and the AFL openly admits it is.
The WAFL clubs have agreed to even more concessions for the Eagles this year, the poor WAFL clubs have to deal with this child like behaviour from the Eagles yearly.

What is it you think the WAFL clubs should do for the Eagles? Gove up their 3 best players to them?
Give me what you think should happen.
It's really simple. We should be given the same concessions every other WAFL club get.

It's really simple. We should be given the same concessions every other WAFL club get.

How is that possible? How can the Eagles get the same salary cap when half their team every week is AFL listed players?

WAFL clubs get to spend their 250k on their entire squad which is around 30 odd players and you think the Eagles should get the same amount to spend on just 10-15 players?

Wow!! Talk about no idea.

How is that possible? How can the Eagles get the same salary cap when half their team every week is AFL listed players?

WAFL clubs get to spend their 250k on their entire squad which is around 30 odd players and you think the Eagles should get the same amount to spend on just 10-15 players?

Wow!! Talk about no idea.

Do Peel get the same salary cap as all the other clubs?

Any idea what concessions they have? Possibly having the same restrictions as Peel could be a solution.

They are a different setup as one is a host club and the other is a stand alone. I think they are relatively close.

The issue has been made bigger than it actually is. No club should get the injuries the Eagles got last year. That should not happen again and therefor a solid core of AFL listed players will be playing for the Beagles each week.
From what I understand the WAFL clubs have agreed to more concessions. Just not seen or heard what they are as yet but it does make it easier for the Eagles to recruit.

I genuinely think yes. Don is a proud Claremont man and an advocate of the WAFL. His job now is to dop whats best for the WCE and if that is work with the WAFL to find a system that works then I think he will do it with a more open mind than the Eagles have in recent times.
Dictating gets you nowhere.
I like you hope they can find a solution that helps both the Eagles and the WAFL as a whole.

The talk of a national reserves comp I don't think is going to help things though, rightly or wrongly the clubs might say why should we do you anymore favours if your going to just walk away in a couple of years.

I hope they can all act like adults though and do the right thing together.
Hopefully changes in WCE S&C Dept means far more players on the park.
WCE reserves seemed to be a lot more competitive preseason games, but way too difficult for players, e.g Jack Williams, to develop properly once injuries went crazy and a poor spectacle if you follow the game at WAFL level.
I accept that a national reserves AFL seems a fait accompli, but I do wonder if better development for young players in the West might be in the WAFL.
Going up against seasoned players always seemed to be the best way to improve, however I am old school and this line of thinking may be outdated to current football.
Preference would still be an alignment with Perth Demons, but PFC having total autonomy over selection & and heavy input into positional selection, \within reason. I can dream.
Maybe Pyke helps with this re relationship with the WAFL.

They are a different setup as one is a host club and the other is a stand alone. I think they are relatively close.

The issue has been made bigger than it actually is. No club should get the injuries the Eagles got last year. That should not happen again and therefor a solid core of AFL listed players will be playing for the Beagles each week.
From what I understand the WAFL clubs have agreed to more concessions. Just not seen or heard what they are as yet but it does make it easier for the Eagles to recruit.
The problem is they are not attracting players. Waterman back to the tigers, Clark and Foley back to Subi, West back to Wests, and Oneill back to Bombers Vfl.Not sure whether Brayshaw will leave the Royals to stay working with the Eagles. Maybe need to recruit players from other comps like vfl . If Perth can attract players from over east no reason they can't do it as well. Having a healthy list will help. Yoyu got to think they can't have a injury list like 2022 qnd 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back