DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Wet weather for the match. Would just make Sandringham just nice after being like concrete last week.

Willi has never been this high so they would spured on to make some history for themselves by winning. But, Ormond would love nothing more than to have the chance to take on their neighbours and rival next week.

Wet weather for the match. Would just make Sandringham just nice after being like concrete last week.

Willi has never been this high so they would spured on to make some history for themselves by winning. But, Ormond would love nothing more than to have the chance to take on their neighbours and rival next week.
According to the bom.gov.au website, on Saturday it will be a partly cloudy day with isolated showers in the morning and afternoon. Don't know if rain will hit Sandringham during the course of the Seniors preliminary final.

Ormond through to 2013 VAFA Division 1 after defeating Williamstown CYMS by 11 points. Ormond were 28 points up at the final change but only kicked 1.1 to Williamstown's 3.6 in the final quarter.Inaccuracy cost Wiliamstown the game. It's now a repeat of 2008-Hampton Rovers v Ormond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ormond through to 2013 VAFA Division 1 after defeating Williamstown CYMS by 11 points. Ormond were 28 points up at the final change but only kicked 1.1 to Williamstown's 3.6 in the final quarter.Inaccuracy cost Wiliamstown the game. It's now a repeat of 2008-Hampton Rovers v Ormond.

You are kidding Jas , Ormond led all day ffs

The VAFA has announced that Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham will host the 2013 VAFA Division 1 Grand Final.

Inaccuracy cost Ormond a bigger win! a few easy missed shots in the 1st term should have seen them 5 or 6 goals up at qtr time.

Will be a cracking game Saturday.

Ormond to take the ressies flag & 2008 all over again in the 1's.

With all due respect to Willy, their ground is a shithole not suitable for up the grades footy. Glad to see Ormond get up.

Thoughts on Saturday? Ormond seem confident and have good reason to be. They were highly competitive last time we met. I think the open spaces might make it a bit harder for them to control our midfield. Strong rumour is Mark "no votes" Devereaux will cop the tag. Fletch will be happy with that and then there's Ting too. Not much mention of wee man, but clearly didn't go unnoticed by the umps finishing eq. 3rd even though he missed the last month.
With Haysom out and Chisholm limping off late in the game Saturday there will be doubts over Ormond.
I think the midfield depth and multi-pronged attack will be enough for our boys to break a 12yr drought.

In the early game I fear Ormond might struggle against an OG side that looked slick on Saturday. It helps when 1/3 of your side played half the season in the Seniors and with Ormond having to field their best side after the Seniors pick theirs, it's not going to be easy. With that said, if they can cut off OG's run from behind and/or turn the game into a scrap then they're a big chance. OG struggled the week before in tricky conditions while Ormond handled them well. Should be match of the day for mine.

Jascave had Ormond kicked stright in first quarter they game would have been over, yes willy missed some easy chances. Willy were out coached, dont know either of the 2 coaches but starting Vanderloo on the bench what was he thinking?? Also I think it was number 3 for Willy - the Balantyne type - what a pest and when he needed to do something in the last quarter went missing. Ormond shut down their play makers and were able to score themselves. Will be harder again this week as the Rovers have some gun on ballers but the thing about Ormond is that they seem to have this belief and just keep going. And Martinov is a wonderful leader.

Ormond have open selection so if they are lucky and get a player or 2 back for the seniors then a couple of very handy players will play in the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did not see the big slob, although I went straight after siren. I have a feeling someone will "inconvenience " him this week if he turns up..

Fair enough Mick, should be a reasonable day at Sandy at least no sign of 100k winds in sight. Rovers massive favorites and with the week off to assist and I hear nearly a full list to pick from whereas Orm have been injury riddled in recent weeks and coupled with the suspensions will always put up a spirited effort but will find the going tough. Lets hope Matt Robbins continues his excellent form and can go out with a win.

Looked like a few riddles going on there, p. I presume the big bloke is the former Treasurer.

HR are deserved favourites, but don't know about massive. Ormond will be confident and should never be underestimated.
However, let's not hope Robbins continues his form, maaaaaan. Reliable source informs me he's pretty keen on himself against our defence. Here's hoping he gets ahead of himself and has zero influence, maaaaan.
Conversely, let's hope their magoos make light work of OG. 6 players with 9-10 games of 2013 Senior footy under their belt were the difference in our game. Class above, but I reckon Ormond will know what's required to get the job done having been able to watch them twice in the last 2 weeks; and are good enough to do it.

Staying slightly on topic, I'm not the greatest fan of the rules surrounding player qualification in Reserves footy. It's a shame when players are forced to miss out in Week 2 who weren't in the club's best 22 Semi Final weekend when both sides were competing. I accept dropping players back (or bringing players in) is not permissible, but if you field 2 teams in Week 1 of finals and players are named in the Reserves for that week then they should automatically be qualified as Reserves players for the rest of the finals series. Seems pretty straight forward.

If TAB Sportsbet was framing a market on this game, what would the head-to-head prices look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back