Mega Thread General ASADA - AFL - Essendon Investigation Discussion [Now a troll free zone - be warned]

Remove this Banner Ad

SO Essendon has the required accompanying paperwork to show that they accessed the TA1 appropriately ??? And if so why did the charge sheet state that TB4 was the only form of Thymosin linked to the club ???

If you believe Chip LeGrande Essendon submitted evidence of proof of Thymodulin purchases as well as photographs of a thymodulin bottle while being administered.

Either CHips lieing or the charge sheet is not all the evidence.

If you believe Chip LeGrande Essendon submitted evidence of proof of Thymodulin purchases as well as phgotographs of a thymodulin bottle while being administered.

Which would not be entirely surprising given the charge sheet was effectively released to pressure Essendon into accepting punishments for poor governance. Combing that with ASADAs cover note and It appears to me we dont have the full picture.

The only reason they did it, was because they would have looked weak if they didn't. If ASADA didn't have as much involvement as they have, then the AFL would have simply fined the club for poor governance. Don't think the AFL took a hard stance on your club, everyone other then EFC supporters and a small majority of others, agree that the penalties handed down were a simple slap on the wrist.

Carlton was on the verge of folding in the early 2000's for a salary cap breach. Your club is involved in one of the biggest drug scandals in Australian sporting history, overwhelming evidence that the club was doing something against the doping code and they get a 2mil fine (easily paid off in 2-3 years) loss of draft picks for two years (but can trade into it) and a loss of a finals berth for a year (big woop.)

The AFL were soft in this.

It's kind of like Adelaide offering up their first two draft picks before AFL handed down their sanctions. Pre-empting in the hope they will look kindly on us for doing that. They didn't.

Proof is needed but only to certain standard. Infractions can be issued and punishments given out even when reasonable doubt exists. ADVRP only requires "comfortable satisfaction" to make findings not beyond reasonable doubt.

I would be comfortably satisfied about intent to use banned substances solely on consent forms and admissions that they believed they took it. Wouldn't you?

Agree, I would. However, I don't think this will happen. The AFL will stop at nothing to have players not receive infractions. If players were to receive infractions (which is becoming more and more likely) then the AFL will want to minimise the damage as much as possible. It's very likely that ASADA is now pushing for a lot of infractions for the club, but the AFL want to keep it down to a bare minimum. Could explain why it's taking so long and could also explain why ASADA are keen on finding out on who was actually administered what.

If you believe Chip LeGrande Essendon submitted evidence of proof of Thymodulin purchases as well as photographs of a thymodulin bottle while being administered.

So the same question has to be asked. Why did the consent forms list Thymosin & not Thymodulin? Why would they use the name of a prohibited drug rather than that of a drug which is not prohibited, not only on the consent forms but in texts & emails? Surely you can see the lack of logic in such behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon FC have got anything up to 7 1/2 years of dread ahead of them that the FULL truth of their orchestrated team doping gets out.....

......and it will.

And probably sooner rather than later.

The media are in this hunt deep.

No rug big enough.
kingofpopcorn1.gif

A ironing to little the club did document substances used. As far as Dank goes he has consistently stated he has used legal versions of thymosin. You think he's going to change his mind when interviewed?

Yes the man who has his job and freedom on the line is going to tell the truth that will take that away from him.

The same people that Essendon originally chose to blame and Essendon supporters saying it was all Danks fault until of course he started to talk.

Double standards.

Which would not be entirely surprising given the charge sheet was effectively released to pressure Essendon into accepting punishments for poor governance. Combing that with ASADAs cover note and It appears to me we dont have the full picture.
The full picture is that the AFL needed you out of the finals and no less would have got your agreement to it. Now ask, why was it so important that EFC not play finals?

...they know what's coming

The full picture is that the AFL needed you out of the finals and no less would have got your agreement to it. Now ask, why was it so important that EFC not play finals?

...they know what's coming

Because the AFL didn't want this dragging through finals. Essendon were punished for bad governance not because they cheated. Now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Asada promise the AFL that this was meant to be wrap up before finals?

Because the AFL didn't want this dragging through finals. Essendon were punished for bad governance not because they cheated. Now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Asada promise the AFL that this was meant to be wrap up before finals?

You're wrong - ASADA didnt make commitments on timetables.

By the way, because Essendon have already been punished on governance, they are still vulnerable on charges from actually doping.

Read the AFL Anti-Doping Code, and you'll get an idea of what is coming down.

A ironing to little the club did document substances used. As far as Dank goes he has consistently stated he has used legal versions of thymosin. You think he's going to change his mind when interviewed?

Not consistently. He stated previously that he used TB4, then changed his mind after being told that it was illegal. He also claimed thymodulin at one point, perhaps after realising that it was totally implausible that he'd have injected the players with TA1 and that it also might be iffy under S0.

If interviewed effectively under oath with ASADA, baring in mind he may well have been previously interviewed under oath by the ACC, back when he was still claiming that TB4 was legal, he might prefer to admit doping than expose himself to jail time by giving a conflicting statement to the one he previously gave the ACC.

You're wrong. ASADA have consistently said that they will take as long as they need. The AFL wanted something done before finals, so ASADA compromised and gave them an interim report with enough to result in the penalties we've seen. Being interim, that report couldn't name specific players. Essendon were punished for bringing the game into disrepute, which is not just 'bad governance'.

So the same question has to be asked. Why did the consent forms list Thymosin & not Thymodulin? Why would they use the name of a prohibited drug rather than that of a drug which is not prohibited, not only on the consent forms but in texts & emails? Surely you can see the lack of logic in such behaviour.

Yes and if the players consented to be given Thymosin but were actually given Thymodulin then the players could sue the club for injecting them with something that they never consented to. Either way Bombers are screwed. Nice try Bombers.

Yes and if the players consented to be given Thymosin but were actually given Thymodulin then the players could sue the club for injecting them with something that they never consented to. Either way Bombers are screwed. Nice try Bombers.
Yes I'm sure the players would be furious if given thymodulin instead of tb4 :rolleyes:

Yes the man who has his job and freedom on the line is going to tell the truth that will take that away from him.

The same people that Essendon originally chose to blame and Essendon supporters saying it was all Danks fault until of course he started to talk.

Double standards.
He aint going to talk by the looks of it. Even if he does why would he change his story especially if it incriminates himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back