Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

High 20's to 30's is a loss on Hammer. I don't care if it's a first or second round, a ruckman / forward should got at the very least between 10 to 20 pick. He is a dual position player but we have no idea unfortunately. Richmond just embarrassed us on the trace table again!!!!

delusional,

pick 10 to 20 for hampson?

hahahahahhaha

I actually think if true and we get pick 30, we have made out like bandits,

He is not a very good player,

Its a shame we wasted a high pick on him but oh well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I don't see Kreuzer and Warnock working in tandem. Kreuzer and Warnock are not Forwards or 2nd Ruckman. Having both on the field will only unbalance us. At the end of the day we'll see Warnock spending vast amounts of time in the 2nds.

Will be a sad day when Hampson leaves the club (second rounder doesn't equate to the value a health Hampson provides our team structure...).

Honestly I don't see Kreuzer and Warnock working in tandem. Kreuzer and Warnock are not Forwards or 2nd Ruckman. Having both on the field will only unbalance us. At the end of the day we'll see Warnock spending vast amounts of time in the 2nds.

Will be a sad day when Hampson leaves the club (second rounder doesn't equate to the value a health Hampson provides our team structure...).
What are you basing this off? I have always thought our side looks much better when Warnock is playing.

Kreuzer sometimes doesn't perform when not no.1 ruck but we always seem to look better when they play together. On the other hand, I've seen plenty of terrible games with Hampson being played...He's a fairly good ruck but he's not going to work at Carlton.

I reckon the only way to go about understanding a particular trade is to be be prepared to see the eg the Hampson trade (if true) in the context of the total trade period - what Harker called net net after all done and dusted.

OTHERWISE

if you see the trade period and list strategy as a series of one off deals as singularities and totally unconnected with each other ( ie a really naive position ) you could easilly feel differently.

Personally I can't say unequivocally that Warnock is a better all round proposition for the team - Kreuzer /Warnock playing together ....not convinced.

Stoked with pick 31 for Hampson. You guys need to realize that he is 26 next year and hasn't shown much to suggest he will be more than a serviceable player at best. He can only provide this service as a #1 ruck and beyond this his limitations are stark.

No longer a required player at Carlton, thanks Shaun.

On-trade pick 31 and Laidler to Brisbane for Docherty and end this nonsense.*

*which actually starts tomorrow...

Pick 30 odd is fair for Hampson.

At 26 there is not much if any improvement left, we all know what he brings to the team by now, he's not going to become the next Lance Franklin or Stephen Kernahan. Showing potential is for 18-23 years olds, after that you know what a player is and is going to be. His body has failed a bit the last few season and appears very suspect. Given the opportunity to become a permanent forward and that didn't work. Can ruck pretty well. Is a ruckman first and an ok pinch hitter up forward. He is not required at Carlton, we have better ruckmen. We aren't trading a superstar here, we are trading a player who has been in and out of a side that has finished 10th and 9th the last two seasons. Next year he is an uncontracted free agent I believe, if we don't trade him now, he will go and we will get nothing for him leaving next season. He is a good fit for a side looking for a ruckman or desperate for a player who can play forward and go into the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back