Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Welcome to the BFFL 2014 thread, I will start by welcoming back many of the 2013 coaches and thankyou for your continued interest in this league.

fumbler
Danger in Texas
Reardo
Ashton Agar
WAG
bombers007
Jordie_tackles
Drew23
Eagleoz83
Smartys Power
Zim^zuM

I feel 2014 will be a step in the right direction for this competition and will end up being far more competitive and active than the inaugural year.

In saying this it will require that all the returning coaches and the new coaches who gain selection into the league be prepared to put in some time and effort both in selection and shaping their lists for match days but also with some friendly banter comments and general chat if we want this league to truly be successful.

Below is a timeline for the lead up to the 2014 season, we have already passed some dates and are closing in on further deadlines. None of which are major concerns or require action as yet.

If anybody has any suggestions or questions post them in this thread as i am sure it will help everyone.

Regards

J_T

1. Finalise returning owners - DONE
  2. How many clubs does the BFFL want - DONE (14)
  3. Drop excess clubs - DONE
  4. Invitations for new owners - DONE
  5. All current members decide new owners (VOTE) - DONE
  6. Invite new owners - DONE
  7. Festival of the chop - 23/11/2013
  8. Pre Season Draft all owners - 30/11/2013
  9. Trade Months - up until national draft date
  10. Cease Trading - 3 days prior to ND
  11. Regular Draft - 2 months prior to season commencement
  12. Season commences - Finally

I don't think anyone is against this, although it is my understanding te make up of ultimate footy makes trading picks difficult?

No it's not, we do it in BF Dynasty. We handle it offline and re crate the draft order when UF opens and make any changes to squads. The league wont just continue, there is a little setting up we have to do. So we need to make an offline data base. My suggestion is a thread here with squads. And a back up on google drive that everyone can access.

See here....

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/big-footy-dynasty-2013-list-managment-thread.1030044/

So te admin can reassign the draft order prior to its commencement? I jut talked to them and we can cut the 2 teams we need to and the players go into the draft so that part is fine also.

Offline draft may be easier if we are manually entering teams into if?

Also bring on trading....everyone is available for anyone who wants to start organising a trade!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offline draft may be easier if we are manually entering teams into if?

Also bring on trading....everyone is available for anyone who wants to start organising a trade!

The psd can still be run on UF. Prior to the draft we assign 'keepers' then enter the draft order and it runs like last season. I think before we commence trading we need to sort out the draft order so that players can also exchange players for picks

The psd can still be run on UF. Prior to the draft we assign 'keepers' then enter the draft order and it runs like last season. I think before we commence trading we need to sort out the draft order so that players can also exchange players for picks

Yes this is important, i would have thought it would be reverse ladder order?

Yes this is important, i would have thought it would be reverse ladder order?

That would make sense to me. No idea what pick that places me and my new team at though!

I think do what you want and finalise numbers in the draft. So if you have 35 players before the draft you take 3 picks. If you have 38 players before the draft you take 0 picks

I think do what you want and finalise numbers in the draft. So if you have 35 players before the draft you take 3 picks. If you have 38 players before the draft you take 0 picks

Thanks that is my thoughts too, lists can expand during the offseason as long as they are brought inline priot to the draft and UF being set up at the start of the next season.

I agree with swansfan51 on this. Just makes more sense to me.

I'll refer my Judgement to another time.

Initially what the BFFL had planned was to have all teams trade with any other team but had to officially post trades in the Trade Thread.
No team could have more than 40 players or no less than 34 players after the trade period, and under no circumstances could owners trade for draft picks as it is too hard to control on UL.
All teams must have exactly 20 players after the Festival of the Chop
images

Once the FotC is over trading may continue but owners must have 20 players on their team sheets at all times so one for one or two for two etc.

All numbers can be atlered by the committee to fit in better with the leagues current agenda.

Jordie, just got your message. Ill accept the position if available. Havent had time to read rules as yet but does look like a good game. AND, if WAG, Drew, Danger are in it, as well as a couple that didnt make it in the LFFL, I should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back