Multiplat Titanfall

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparisons to BF are silly, this is more your arcadey CoD style shooter. Just watching these alpha clips has been more enjoyable than the 2 days Ive put into playing ghosts so it'll be definitely replacing CoD for me.

I'm not comparing the games. I'm arguing that it's not going to be the best shooter in 4 years.

Is Battlefield even playable (on next gen)?

It's looking good. The bots are supposed to be average to allow the n00bs to still have a good time playing the game, but hopefully they aren't that stupid when the game drops, or if they are, they shouldn't count towards kills/titanfall rewards. The titan-on-titan battles looking crazy though.

From the vids I've seen and reading some articles I believe the bot kills means very little.

I think there are a few types of bots some seem to give like 50 points and others 10, while killing a human gives about 500 points (or something similar).

I'm not too sure how the titan/kill streaks work, but I believe killing humans shortens the time for your Titan to be deployed, not sure by how much.
I don't think killing any bots influences this though.

They are just cannon fodder like 'creeps' in MOBA games.

Bots also help with reducing time until Titan deploy. Not as much as humans though.​
Still disappointing that the bots are even playing a part in a death match to begin with. Its obviously in there to help lesser players, which is bullshit IMO, you dont learn anything from killing AI fodder.​

I'm not comparing the games. I'm arguing that it's not going to be the best shooter in 4 years.

That's very subjective really, doesn't have an answer.

But if you go purely off review scores the most similar FPS title it needs to beat in the past 4 years is Halo: Reach which scored 91.79% avg.
Or Bioshock 92.62% (But this is single-player, slightly different genre/style)

I wonder which game-modes will lend themselves to the most enjoyment, I can see games like Domination - which I enjoy being far better on a game like this where you don't get people stat-padding for Killstreaks etc.

I think the way they have a timer rather than killstreaks for the titans is a genius move.

Also, it'd be really great if the AI bots became very aggressive to campers, I think everyone would get on board the bot train.

2 rounds. Had 20 mins in the booth
So isn't it a bit much to be talking in such exacts after just 20 mins and 2 rounds? Even under controlled conditions the worst COD's have looked great...

So isn't it a bit much to be talking in such exacts after just 20 mins and 2 rounds? Even under controlled conditions the worst COD's have looked great...

Not really. I liked it. So i'll tell people that and what i got to experience. And its not like i'm the only one hyping it up. Every gaming website and magazine is raving about it and i'm sure they've had more time with it

I had ZERO interest in the game coming into the Expo, even though it was being done by the original IW team and my love for COD 4. Mechs weren't my thing. But this blew me away

it won game of the show with a 90% vote. That's insane

Not really. I liked it. So i'll tell people that and what i got to experience. And its not like i'm the only one hyping it up. Every gaming website and magazine is raving about it and i'm sure they've got paid to do it
efa

Lol I joke.
I really want to play it just to see for myself but initial impressions aren't good.

I really want to play it just to see for myself but initial impressions aren't good.

I absolutely agree with this.

I mean, the game may turn out to be amazing but from what i'm seeing...i'm not impressed whatsoever.

I hope this game can be the rebirth of the fast twitch arcade shooter on consoles but from the looks of what i've seen in footage so far, i certainly won't be shelling out for an xbox one for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iRdeIlJ9q9W0j.gif

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/20/titanfall-open-beta-possible-says-respawn

That would be great. But i won't get my hopes up. She says "its possible" Im sure for most games its "possible"

Some comments from those playing the game:

"I played this game for three days now, and I can tell you THIS GAME IS AMAZING, anyone talking s**t about this game really needs to play it, and then they can watch themselves SHUT THE * UP, this is an unfinished game that blows anything you've seen out of the water. [SNIP PS4 BAGGING, not what this comment was being highlighted for] I can honestly say, Titanfall is the freshest thing to happen to the FPS genre in years"

"I'll name 3 good reasons but there is more than just 3.
1. The game plays at a tremendously fast pace i haven't played a game like this before its extremely fun.
2. The Titans are really enjoyable to use, they put in some heavy damage on the pilots. However, if you're not in a titan you shouldn't be worried because other people are. They really created the maps in a way where it's perfectly balance weather you're in a titan or not.
3. The jetpacks are really fun to use, running on walls and jumping over buildings makes this game a remarkable experience."

Although the guy above says 6 v 6 isn't enough for him....

caMoGFC will like the bolded :)

"Been playing the Alpha for most of the weekend and this evening ..... All I can say is WOW.............March can't come too soon"

I still can't wait. Don't care about the negativity/ doubts from people. This WILL be amazing

haven't been this excited for a game since, well, Last of Us and GTA V :D

A few things:

The competitive beast inside me. I need a good online shooter and this just felt "right" to me.

I played COD 4 so much (700 hours online, plus ranked clan matches) and this is made by effectively the same team

Its pretty well balanced from my short play time

The Titans make it fresh without being overpowered

and i love me a good twitch shooter....

A few things:

The competitive beast inside me. I need a good online shooter and this just felt "right" to me.

I played COD 4 so much (700 hours online, plus ranked clan matches) and this is made by effectively the same team

Its pretty well balanced from my short play time

The Titans make it fresh without being overpowered

and i love me a good twitch shooter....

Good explanation.

I like the faster maps on BF, but cant spend an entire game (COD) on these type. But of the mechs add enough variation to the combat, Ill pick it up

I don't think anyone is questioning the pace of the game, imo all the questions about the game are because of bots, and by just watching footage they come across very ordinary.
Is everyone loving the game because they are all going 20-1? That will get boring real quick if there is no skill needed.

Lag/connections

Hit detection

Framerate consistency

Is what I am mainly interested in.

Yeah that is very important.

Dedicated servers will hopefully improve most of this, and I'd imagine Respawn will be pretty competent with their hit-detection etc.

Although to be honest I found Ghosts to be pretty good with all these areas and that game was still a pile of trash!

Good to see that the majority of people who played the beta are loving the game. Seems like the only people being negative about the game are the ones who won't be able to play it.

Good to see that the majority of people who played the beta are loving the game. Seems like the only people being negative about the game are the ones who won't be able to play it.

Haters gonna hate

I just don't see the point in trying to be negative about a game you can't play, just because its not coming out on the system you have.

Its going to be a great experience and then HBK can stop liking all the posts that say "I don't see what all the fuss is about"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back