FTA-TV Breaking Bad Season 5 ***SPOILERS***

Remove this Banner Ad

The actress playing Lydia was pretty embarrassing at times.

she wasn't out of place though, while not being a highlight.

Bizarre bit of casting considering the actress has a thick Scottish accent IRL, although I don't see many complaints about her.

Bizarre bit of casting considering the actress has a thick Scottish accent IRL, although I don't see many complaints about her.

As I said earlier I had no idea she was Scottish until I heard her do some DVD commentary and couldn't understand a word she said.

The 2 hour doco is a ripper.Love some of the send offs to cast by Bryan Cranston after people did their final scenes
To Dean Norris's back : "Thank god he's gone,useless"
To Dean Norris's face : "Now you're off to CBS [Under The Dome] where millions can see all your inadequacies" It was all said jokingly

Each cast member got a huge picture of themselves signed by cast & crew.Cranston signs Betsy Brandts "I would so do her" :D

Was anybody else unnaturally attached to Gomie for no particular reason? Even though he did pretty much nothing all series apart from slow Hank down, I was sooooooo upset when he died.

I didn't mind Gomey actually.
Ironic that his final scene in that epic shootout with the Nazis was his most memorable, to me at least. He was in total cop mode, and he was open but his concern for Hank and Jesse was palpable. The next scene with him dead, Hank about to get a bullet to the head.... among the most emotionally charged of the series.

Well. Just finished the entire series in the space of a few months as I was latecomer to the TV show. Simply just ******* awesome. Every minute worth it, and what a fitting way to end such a great show. I teared up like a *en baby when Hank died, as did I in the very final scene and during the credits. What would have been real interesting would be a funeral, I wonder who would have attended lol.

Lydia was a fantastic character, but agree she wasn't really a highlight.
Pretty hard when compared to the rest of the cast in BB.

Well. Just finished the entire series in the space of a few months as I was latecomer to the TV show. Simply just ******* awesome. Every minute worth it, and what a fitting way to end such a great show. I teared up like a ****en baby when Hank died, as did I in the very final scene and during the credits. What would have been real interesting would be a funeral, I wonder who would have attended lol.
Bit that got me was Walt watching Jr get off the bus

Guess who's back? Big Mike's back. Aw yeah.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/01/jonathan-banks-better-call-saul-casting-mike-ehrmantraut/

Jonathan Banks has joined Bob Odenkirk in Better Call Saul, AMC/Sony TV’s upcoming prequel to Emmy-winning Breaking Bad that centers on Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. Banks will be a series regular on the show conceived by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and Breaking Bad writer-producer Peter Gould. The prequel series, slated to debut on AMC in November, will chronicle the evolution of Saul before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer. The deal with Banks means that Saul will have his trusted private investigator/fixer Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut by his side

It's going to be really interesting to see what tone they go for with this. Originally I thought it would simply be a comedy, but with Mike back, it will surely have a bit more tension. Maybe they'll go for the balance that Justified has worked pretty well with.

The relationship between Saul & Mike deteriorated during the latter seasons, but if I'm not mistaken, Mike's first appearance in Breaking Bad was when Saul hired him to "clean up" Jesse's place after Jane died?

So at first it appeared Saul was his 'employer' (or one of them), but I've always wondered if Mike was also the "the guy" Saul was referring to when he first started to float the idea of arranging an introduction between Walt and Gus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.deadline.com/2014/01/jonathan-banks-better-call-saul-casting-mike-ehrmantraut/

Jonathan Banks has joined Bob Odenkirk in Better Call Saul, AMC/Sony TV’s upcoming prequel to Emmy-winning Breaking Bad that centers on Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. Banks will be a series regular on the show conceived by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and Breaking Bad writer-producer Peter Gould. The prequel series, slated to debut on AMC in November, will chronicle the evolution of Saul before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer. The deal with Banks means that Saul will have his trusted private investigator/fixer Michael “Mike” Ehrmantraut by his side
I really hope they don't ruin Goodman with this :(

I thought the last season was a bit of an anticlimax tbh. It was pretty good but doesn't match up to seasons 2,3 an 4 which are in all time great individual season territory.

Cool, here's hoping there's a nice juicy flashback at some point of what went down in Philly;)

Betsy Brandt has turned up in the Michael J Fox Show.
Playing the little mans wife - nothing like Marie.
Freaky!

post-16036-2yIcCWmgif-gC64.gif

I thought the last season was a bit of an anticlimax tbh. It was pretty good but doesn't match up to seasons 2,3 an 4 which are in all time great individual season territory.

Kidding right? Some of the greats were in season 5!

• Dead Freight
  • Blood Money
  • Confessions
  • To'hajilee
  • Ozymandias (one of the great eps of any show of all time)
  • Felina
And the others in between were not half bad. The acting got even better IMO in season 5. Really stepped up a notch

Ok, so i am probably posting in the wrong thread for this, considering it is probably laden with spoilers all over the place, but how much further should i stick with this show for? I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and didn't really enjoy it. But people are telling me to stick with it. How much longer should i? lol.

If you lot would be so kind as to hold off the spoilers for just a little bit (until i am filled in on what makes the show great from a few of you. I hope this is ok? :p) as i don't know anything about how the story develops except for a death near the end of season 5 or something. But other than that, i only know of what's occured in the first 3 episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back