FTA-TV Breaking Bad Season 5 ***SPOILERS***

Remove this Banner Ad

BCS is less bombastic than BB, but it is an equally excellent drama with all the same masterful cinematography and foreshadowing.

I find it fascinating hearing people find it (and early BB seasons) a slog. Not sure what kind of HBO-level dramas they're watching. Certainly a minority opinion.
I guess with prequels you kinda know what to expect. I mean Saul aint gonna die, nor others who feature in BB

I guess with prequels you kinda know what to expect. I mean Saul aint gonna die, nor others who feature in BB
I think thats what makes Better Call Saul even more impressive.

Most of the time you know the fate of certain characters, but it doesn't detract from the intensity or suspense.

BCS is less bombastic than BB, but it is an equally excellent drama with all the same masterful cinematography and foreshadowing.

I find it fascinating hearing people find it (and early BB seasons) a slog. Not sure what kind of HBO-level dramas they're watching. Certainly a minority opinion.
Bb early seasons werent a slog, bar a couple of episodes. They have some of the best episodes of the show.

BCS is slog. but its worse then that. not much happens in the end either. its on a slow path to not very much. It also lacks the emotional punch of BB. its also jarring in that the two main characters storylines rarely cross over. They probably interact most in the first season and beyond that not much else. The best episodes are usually when their storylines crossed over. But it was often only once a season.

Bb early seasons werent a slog, bar a couple of episodes. They have some of the best episodes of the show.

BCS is slog. but its worse then that. not much happens in the end either. its on a slow path to not very much. It also lacks the emotional punch of BB. its also jarring in that the two main characters storylines rarely cross over. They probably interact most in the first season and beyond that not much else. The best episodes are usually when their storylines crossed over. But it was often only once a season.

I really could not disagree with this any more vehemently, but at the risk of discussing a show in the wrong thread I'll leave it at that 😅

Yeah the stakes are lowered in that regard, yet some of the tensest moments of either series have occured in BCS.

Which is an achievement in and of itself.
No they havent. the top 5 most emotional moments are all breaking bad. bCS might sneak one into the top 10 but its never come close to walt/skylar/walt jns confrontation in ozymandias, the scene where hank kills the twins, the scene where walt saves jesse by running over the drug runners, the scene where jane dies and then jessies mental collapse the following episode, jessie killing gale.

BCS just doesnt shock and gut punch you like these scenes and plot lines do.

knowing the characters futures is not the problem with BCS. There are a number of key characters who you dont know the future plus SAuls story kind of isnt finished as he has a story beyond BB. I wouldnt let the usual issue with prequels be what holds you back from watching.

My wife and I re-watched BB 6 months ago and I remember thinking it's gonna be a chore to get through certain episodes, but to the contrary it flew by and was brilliant again. It was our first re-watch so that helps.

I was into BCS early but gave up somewhere around the point his brother died(IIRC). I really enjoy Bob Odenkirk on the screen but it just felt so bogged down, especially by his s**t brother that I kind of got disinterested or distracted and never continued with BCS. It's one I will go back to at some stage I'm sure.

We both didn't get GoT in the first few episodes and lost interest there too, but later on went back and tried again and were hooked, so wouldn't be surprised if BCS is similar.

Yes, definitely the appropriate and respectful thing to do. BCS has been on my list to get through for some time now, at a minimum spoiler tags could be used I would’ve thought.
Fair enough for events which occurred in the current season, even Part A of the current season. I wouldn't have thought they would be required for episodes which are more than a year old (several years in some cases).

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough for events which occurred in the current season, even Part A of the current season. I wouldn't have thought they would be required for episodes which are more than a year old (several years in some cases).

In the BCS thread(s), sure. I think that's separate to the point being made however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it should be for any episodes of BCS which have aired after the finale of BB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back