Sando: where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

In a game where momentum is everything these days, not scoring goals is just a killer. The fact that the ball spends more time in our forward 50 than the oppositions says, that some of our game plan actually works.

Its a bit simplistic and superficial to just blame our onfield woes on Sanderson. We are a club without a heart at the moment. Sanderson is just one of the symptoms.

Good post Duck. Can't disagree with much of it. However, that is partly due to none of us really knowing what is going on behind closed doors.
I'd really like him to keep persisting with this plan before throwing it out the window. But would need to start looking like something the players can execute pretty quickly...

Good post Duck. Can't disagree with much of it. However, that is partly due to none of us really knowing what is going on behind closed doors.
I'd really like him to keep persisting with this plan before throwing it out the window. But would need to start looking like something the players can execute pretty quickly...

Yeah and capitulating progressively earlier in games isn't a sign it is being executed.

Bone saying there is word that there is trouble/fractures between the coach and the players..
That's gaining traction..

Then those players have to go.

The coach runs the team, the player don't.

If they are not happy, they can leave. If we change coaches based on the unhappiness of the playing group, whose to say they won't be unhappy next time with a new coach and run him out of town (figuratively speaking of course).

Then those players have to go.

The coach runs the team, the player don't.

If they are not happy, they can leave. If we change coaches based on the unhappiness of the playing group, whose to say they won't be unhappy next time with a new coach and run him out of town (figuratively speaking of course).
That's a lot of players to replace then.

It's time for a major rebuild. It's time we made Sloane or Dangerfield captain and then built a team around them.

We need to get games into Lewis Johnston (they need to tell him - you have 22 games and you need to chase your arse off, improve your 2nd and 3rd effort levels and really develop into an AFL footballer or you will be delisted. No if's, no but's no maybes, if you don't improve in those areas that's it and every other club will see it and you will need to get a real job), CEY, Grigg, Crouch Jn, et el and completely rebuild the side around the younger guys for the next 10 years.

This renovating bullshit that they love to say needs to stop. They need to come out and just say - we are rebuilding and we can not guarantee we will win but we will guarantee the players will give 100% every time they are on the field.

That's a lot of players to replace then.

So you endorse the cart leading the horse.

The horse leads the cart and everyone else falls into line.

Hypothetically it's a 1996 systematic player revolt again - we may need to replace the coach but we also need a massive clean out as well.

However, a total rebuild is needed.

Hypothetically it's a 1996 systematic player revolt again - we may need to replace the coach but we also need a massive clean out as well.

If it's a major widespread thing, the chances are it's not the players just doing it for the fun of it though..
Maybe it's justified..

I would endorse it where absolutely necessary. In this case I endorse it, take from that what you will.

I would endorse it where absolutely necessary. In this case I endorse it, take from that what you will.

So, who are the players causing this disunity?

You seem to be all over it. You must know more if you have taken that strong of a stance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, who are the players causing this disunity?

You seem to be all over it. You must know more if you have taken that strong of a stance.

It would be imprudent for me to name anyone specifically. In a workplace you need not like your boss on a personal level, I do however think a level of respect and trust is critical to a good working relationship.

It would be imprudent for me to name anyone specifically. In a workplace you need not like your boss on a personal level, I do however think a level of respect and trust is critical to a good working relationship.

66b.jpg

What if it's Sloane, Dangerfield, Walker and Talia?

On your bike boys?

Sounds legit.

Yep - the culture of the club is far, far more important than some players.

The culture of the club has been around well before they got to the club and will control the club well after they have gone.

Players come and players go but the culture of the club is far more important.

He culled Bernie, roasted Rutten, and created an inequitable looking method of selection...
plenty of food for fracture...

the injury list has back fired on his ability to stamp authority and drive his message forward...

He culled Bernie, roasted Rutten, and created an inequitable looking method of selection...
plenty of food for fracture...

the injury list has back fired on his ability to stamp authority and drive his message forward...

So you are calling for his head?

Yep - the culture of the club is far, far more important than some players.

The culture of the club has been around well before they got to the club and will control the club well after they have gone.

Players come and players go but the culture of the club is far more important.
The current club culture is worth preserving you say?

Turn it up. You are taking the piss

Well, 3 weeks ago before the Geelong game - the confidence was high, we were talking out self up as a top 6 side and everything was sweet.

Now, we have lost the first 3 games and we need to look at everything from club culture to removing the boot studder.

Now, I'd suggest to you to 'turn it up' as you have made this accusation that the players are having a rift with the coach without offering anything to support that claim.

As Gazey would say....Turn it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back