Competitions 2014 Dream Team and Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a port question just thought I'd ask our board
(in draft)
is it worth trading

Delids and Rioli for Cotchin and Caddy?

And then pick one

varcoe, Kerridge, Higgins, Jetta, Yarren

(Leaning towards Jetta, currently have Higgins, they're all FA's)
Also

I currently have D Thomas

is it worth delisting him and bringing in one of

Matt Rosa

$428,632 FA
113.5MID
Stephen Coniglio

$452,937 FA
111MID
Matthew Thomas

$334,399 FA
107.5MID
Ed Curnow

$423,782 FA
105.5MID
Farren Ray

$464,290 FA
102MID
David Myers

Tendai Mzungu

Koby Stevens

Michael Rischitell

Not a port question just thought I'd ask our board
(in draft)
is it worth trading

Delids and Rioli for Cotchin and Caddy?

And then pick one

varcoe, Kerridge, Higgins, Jetta, Yarren

(Leaning towards Jetta, currently have Higgins, they're all FA's)

Depends whether SC or DT?
I'd stick with Lids and Rioli if SC, the latter two might be better for DT.
Higgins, then Varcoe for the others.

Really think Myers is a good prospect too, lots of long kicks and looks like he'll be playing more midfield time. Was really close to getting him as a POD in SC this year.

Depends whether SC or DT?
I'd stick with Lids and Rioli if SC, the latter two might be better for DT.
Higgins, then Varcoe for the others.

Really think Myers is a good prospect too, lots of long kicks and looks like he'll be playing more midfield time. Was really close to getting him as a POD in SC this year.
DT

Hey guys - I'm looking at getting on Ollie Wines before his price rise, just wondering if you see him as potential keeper in SC? Everyone is going nuts over Swallow and Zorko this round, so I'm trying to find a bit of a POD, but it's only really worth it if he's a decent chance to break out this year. I really rate him and he's obviously got the physicality to be ahead of his age, but I haven't seen your mob play this year. What do you reckon?

Hey guys - I'm looking at getting on Ollie Wines before his price rise, just wondering if you see him as potential keeper in SC? Everyone is going nuts over Swallow and Zorko this round, so I'm trying to find a bit of a POD, but it's only really worth it if he's a decent chance to break out this year. I really rate him and he's obviously got the physicality to be ahead of his age, but I haven't seen your mob play this year. What do you reckon?

Ollie had a dominant pre-season, was possibly BOG against Carlton and would have picked up a good number of SC points. Dropped off a bit in the showdown but still scored well. I see him as an improver on his first year and a good one to get on before the price rise. As with any slightly unknown quality I would cash him in when he has made a good bit, although you might want to play it by ear. Last year I picked up Ollie with the intention to sell him after 10 rounds, I ended up holding him for 15.

To sum up, I think Ollie will be consistent with 90-120, maybe the odd 120+ score and the odd 90- score. But I don't think he will have the monster scores of Ablett or Pendles this year, maybe next year.

Ollie had a dominant pre-season, was possibly BOG against Carlton and would have picked up a good number of SC points. Dropped off a bit in the showdown but still scored well. I see him as an improver on his first year and a good one to get on before the price rise. As with any slightly unknown quality I would cash him in when he has made a good bit, although you might want to play it by ear. Last year I picked up Ollie with the intention to sell him after 10 rounds, I ended up holding him for 15.

To sum up, I think Ollie will be consistent with 90-120, maybe the odd 120+ score and the odd 90- score. But I don't think he will have the monster scores of Ablett or Pendles this year, maybe next year.

Yeah I agree think Ollie will avoid the second year blues and average around 95-100. Will be even better in his third year so worth starting with next year!

Yeah I agree think Ollie will avoid the second year blues and average around 95-100. Will be even better in his third year so worth starting with next year!

136, 99 and 115 equals 350 for an average of 116.66. With Kane Cornes(335) and Brett Ebert(318) falling by the wayside today he's our best performer in fantasy.

136, 99 and 115 equals 350 for an average of 116.66. With Kane Cornes(335) and Brett Ebert(318) falling by the wayside today he's our best performer in fantasy.
Spot on with those numbers. I should have noted I was referring to Supercoach not AFL Fantasy. I do think over the entire year Ollie won't exceed a 100 average. If he does I will be stoked but it will mean he would be one of the best 2nd year performing players in Fantasy competitions. Look for a huge third year from him as well.

Can't see Ollie slowing down. Kicking more goals this year on average too
as someone else on the board has said

when he is 50-60 he is thinking, goals (he can kick it that far)
rather than last year where that was the hit up leg

Wondering if anyone has seen Sam Gray this year? His numbers from the SANFL last year seem good and was thinking he might be a better option than Matt Crouch (I don't want a crows player in my side if I don't have to!). DO you think he's likely to stay in our side and score well or will he be out once Monfries comes back?

Wondering if anyone has seen Sam Gray this year? His numbers from the SANFL last year seem good and was thinking he might be a better option than Matt Crouch (I don't want a crows player in my side if I don't have to!). DO you think he's likely to stay in our side and score well or will he be out once Monfries comes back?

Complete unknown, wait a week and have a look then. I'm waiting for him to be on bubble in two weeks to get in my SC.

Matt crouch is a great pick at his cheap price, disposal and ability to run out games/season his only downer. There's a spot for him as long as he plays well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Complete unknown, wait a week and have a look then. I'm waiting for him to be on bubble in two weeks to get in my SC.

Matt crouch is a great pick at his cheap price, disposal and ability to run out games/season his only downer. There's a spot for him as long as he plays well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I have Daisy in my team and am kicking myself I didn't go with Ollie to begin with. Is it still a good trade to go from Daisy to Ollie?

I have Daisy in my team and am kicking myself I didn't go with Ollie to begin with. Is it still a good trade to go from Daisy to Ollie?

Depends what else you can do. If you have a really low scorer(50-70) then replace them first. Daisy will get you 70-90 and has the potential for a big score, so Daisy > Ollie, while it will probably mean more score, may not make that much difference.

As an aside, a few coaches on the fantasy and DT board have traded Josh Caddy(fwd,av 63, cost 360000) for Jackson Merrett (fwd, av 112, cost 382000). Fantasy prices, RDT are 344300(caddy) and 351000(merrett).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Gray can be traded in to give me some downgrade cash. I have Xavier Ellis whose BE will have just moved into positive territory. Jared Polec is the same, but Polec is scoring better and his value will continue to increase by about $40K pw. Trade Ellis>Gray on my bench and I have $100K+ to add onto my balance of $156K. Have to work out what I want to do. Was about to trade for Mumford last week but glad I didn't now. Will have to find whether he will be playing next w/e.

Hey Port fans,

Juat wondering how your seeing Lobbes form currently. Not scoring near what he did at the end of last in terms of SC. Think he will come good at some stage?

Sam Gray can be traded in to give me some downgrade cash. I have Xavier Ellis whose BE will have just moved into positive territory. Jared Polec is the same, but Polec is scoring better and his value will continue to increase by about $40K pw. Trade Ellis>Gray on my bench and I have $100K+ to add onto my balance of $156K. Have to work out what I want to do. Was about to trade for Mumford last week but glad I didn't now. Will have to find whether he will be playing next w/e.

Heard Mumford had a minor knee operation and will miss 1-2 weeks. Glad you avoided trading him in, many got him before he was a late out...ouch! I managed to get Jacobs who had 118 today so happy with that.

Hey Port fans,

Juat wondering how your seeing Lobbes form currently. Not scoring near what he did at the end of last in terms of SC. Think he will come good at some stage?

If you're looking for a premo ruck I'd trade him, SC wise he's probably here nor there. He's not really the premium type. I think he's been pretty good for us this year. He's actually on game impact beaten his opponent for the last 3 rounds but the opponent scored better.

Hey Port fans,

Hoping but not holding out much hope. And we are playing West Coast and Cox. Lobbe has let off with his second efforts, that was what got the big scores in DT, 7-11 tackles a game. Jacobs from Adelaide looks a better bet, he's the same price(about) and hitting his best. And with Mumford sidelined and Sandilands lowering his scores is probably the best option at the moment.

Heard Mumford had a minor knee operation and will miss 1-2 weeks. Glad you avoided trading him in, many got him before he was a late out...ouch! I managed to get Jacobs who had 118 today so happy with that.
Had the double whammy picked Mckevoy to start off with injured misses 2 weeks, upgrade to Mumford & he'll miss the next 2 weeks can't bloody win this year.

Should've just brought in Jaensch like I originally planned to, he's playing well & scoring much better this season.

Guys when do you think Clurey will be getting another game?

Looking for a downgrade option for Georgiou in a couple of weeks time.

Will he be back anytime soon? :eek:

Playing well for the reserves but no defensive injuries or underperformers. I wouldn't bank on him coming back anytime soon.

You're not talking fantasy, are you? He's only $21K less than Georgiou and Georgiou has a BE of 33 and previous two scores of 29 and 19. Not much of a downgrade.

Playing well for the reserves but no defensive injuries or underperformers. I wouldn't bank on him coming back anytime soon.

You're not talking fantasy, are you? He's only $21K less than Georgiou and Georgiou has a BE of 33 and previous two scores of 29 and 19. Not much of a downgrade.

Supercoach mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back