The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling is the best young player England's seen since Rooney, discuss

Definitely. Needs to work on his end product despite scoring a nice first goal today. If he becomes a lethal finisher ne'll become a truly world class footballer. Right now misses far too many chances.

Hendo will miss 3. Collected the ankle, double footed, a nobrainer.
But with Sturrige injured Allen and Lucas will start and Coutinho forward. Not ideal but Hendo and DS could not appear till the final day now if at all.
Been 3 years since weve copped a red.
Was Shelvey vs Manure the last?

Sterling is the best young player England's seen since Rooney, discuss

The thing is that it feels like it has all happened so quickly - he burst onto the scene, then didn't play much in the second half of last season, then made a fairly average start to this season and some fans were wondering whether he should be sent out on loan or if he would ever be good enough at all! And then, it might have been (from memory) West Ham at home at the start of December, he played really well and just hasn't looked back from there. It has been fantastic to watch.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=youll-never-walk-alone_1226883072570

Just teared up watching this again...Not much more can be said tonight. I love this club and I love it's fans. From YNWA to JTF96. Raucous renditions to utter silence. Amazing! And the game was good too. We could have been further in front at half time if we took our chances better. Sterling's finish was awesome and Skrtel's header had me waking the neighbours. Silva and Milner killed us in the second, but to see Cou goal was just brilliant. One touch, perfect hit! Love it!

Come on you Redmen, bring it home. #makeusdream

Sterling has got more about him than the typical English speed merchant (Lennon, SWP etc). Lot more intelligent, lot more flexible.

Get the feeling he will need to be pulled into line every now and then, and avoid him feeling that he has made it.

But a load of potential and by far your best player in the first half.

And there's the Chelsea goal to keep the pressure on. They have a ridiculously easy run home apart from game vs us, so let's not write them off just yet.

Wasn't that the weekend after the Hillsborough report came out? September 2012, he scored that one at the Kop end at the start of the second half, wasn't a free-kick if I recall correctly.
Yeh, Stevie always scores against United it tests the memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GET THE * IN REDMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFHJDSGILRNDYTIO;HUFJR;ASOI4YG85943BFJDSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well im completely spent. The emotion, the tension, the pressure. I dont know how the players cope because I feel several years older after that. Im absolutely shattered, can barely keep my eyes open, yet ive just got home and just have to get online and read BF and talk about the match.

So much to comment on. Just a few before going to bed.

Coutinho's winner is sublime, he is moving away from goal with a ball that is also moving away from goal, to get around that ball, keep your head, get over it and direct it very powerfully into the bottom corner is quite a ridiculous strike. Sublime stuff and it could be a decisive goal that lives in infamy if we can get four more wins.

Stevie at the end. The emotions, I welled up. 4 more massive games. I just really want to see him lift that trophy. He will be a mess, an awesome mess.

Ahh too tired, cant keep going. Henderson is a big loss as he will miss three games and Sturridge could miss the rest of the season. Two huge outs. Norwich is massive. We need players to step up in their absence.

YNWA.

I ******* love Liverpool Football Club.

I think I went into cardiac arrest 5 times that game...
When they equalised, I think I stopped breathing.... :confused:

And Coutinho's so cute!! He can be my man crush. Nah, Gerrard's still in that position.

And... i think it's time to sing this.....

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!
WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!
UNITED DON'T BELIEVE US
UNITED DON'T BELIEVE US
UNITED'S GONNA BELIEVE UUUUUUUSSSS!

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!! :')

good morning.

love all the passionate posts dripping with emotion here. love you all!!!

if i may id like to share with you my experiences last night. im in SE Asia (land of former city player sun jihi). due to traveling factor i arrived in hotel with some 20 mins to go. 2-2. a female friend was in the shower and upon arriving to the bed asked what i was doing. sure, it seemed strange to her that i was sitting naked and proud whilst eating room service and watching the mighty redmen. anyway, she joined me (scantily dressed) in bed. when PC scored i launched myself into the air, bits and pieces flying everywhere. she seemed to enjoy the show.

the final stanza post goal was nerve racking obviously. fighting flu like symptoms i watched engrossed by the game, simultaneously feeling the presence of my friend. concentration was only broken when trying to explain the offside rule.

when the whistle went a part of my cried with joy. so happy for the boys.

room service was then put aside. post game celebrations commenced. thought i had blasted a hole into the back of my girls head with the expulsion from my body the force of a jon arne riise free kick. let's just say i was spent emotionally and physically afterwards.

Last edited:
Coutinho v City:

What an outstanding performance from this young lad. This was the biggest league game we've had in years and he stepped up when we needed him. I thought he and Sterling in particular were the difference for us on the day, alongside Silva they were comfortably the best players on the pitch not only for their quality on the ball but also for the way they fought for every single 50/50.

Gerrard and Skrtel were also excellent, both showed great leadership and concentration to hold City at bay when momentum swung in their favour during the second half. Wasn't Suarez's best game by a long shot but he was pivotal in the build up to Sterling's goal, showed incredible strength and balance to knock first Demichelis and then Clichy flat on their arses before threading through a great pass to Sterling.

What a game, I'm drained. That's 10 wins in a row now, 41 from a possible 45 points in 2014. I continue to be amazed by this team. Bring on Norwich.

YNWA: http://www.molfc.com/anfield-signs-ynwa-prior-to-man-city-match/
Full game plus analysis: http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/04/premier-league-2013-2014-liverpool-v.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back