Preview Changes - Round 6 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Particularly with WC stuff.

McGovern does add a level of flexibility to our side - given he could push forward or into the ruck in the event of injury (or need of a change-up).

We don't have anyone that could ruck if say Cox or Naitanui goes down in the first quarter.

Who would we use ? Brown? Rosa?

We have so much depth in our talls - we really are missing the boat with our smalls.
Kennedy rucked for Carlton a little bit if I'm not mistooken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do we persist with players out of form ?
Players that need a run in the 2's to get some confidence.

1. Nic Nat
2. Kennedy
3. Cripps.

Swap Sinclar for Kennedy
Lycett for Nic Nat
Tunbrigde for Cripps

Out - Ellis (rest) ,Glass (suspended)
In - Schofield ,Butler

BTW Hill gets 1 more week to prove his worth ,,,,, he seriously needs to lift or he can GTFO.

Hill gets a game and Kennedy dropped. This is the worst post on this thread

I think I might be the only one not overly excited at the prospect of McGoverns debut

I feel Schofield is still ahead but I'm happy for him to be given a go, if he's taking Carlton's third tall I think he will go okay.

Hill gets a game and Kennedy dropped. This is the worst post on this thread

The fact we have too many tall's justifies Hill getting the gig , we just need more crumbing options ATM
because as soon as it hits the ground its out of there & why ???? because Where too **ucking tall and we still cant take a mark inside 50.
Good pressure from your talls will never be as effective at ground level as quick smalls who will user big guys like traffic cones, seriously you boffins keep talking about the midfield but if we had a Phil Matera type in there , it wouldnt matter how it came in ,we would keep it in there longer...but no, lets keep talking s**t about Pridda our Plenty of you keyboard warriors like putting players down but I wonder how many of you play any form of sport ????? Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel Schofield is still ahead but I'm happy for him to be given a go, if he's taking Carlton's third tall I think he will go okay.

Not this year he's not. McGovern has outperformed him in the WAFL.

Schoey is in a bit of trouble I think. (on field I mean), He's not adding much to anything at the moment.

I think I might be the only one not overly excited at the prospect of McGoverns debut

I'd like him to play forward to be honest, as he has great hands and a good kick. I think he could be the CHF option we've been looking for. I'd prefer more mid options were tried for us this year though. I'd also like to see karpany play that small, elusive forward type for us as well if possible. We're not going to win the flag, so a bit of development of the list wouldnt hurt in games where we are strong favourites.

The delivery didnt cause Kennedy to kick 1.4 though, so that cant be blamed for everything. Our forwards need to be better when they get the chances as they may not get many against the top sides. I think they've messed with Kennedys run up too much while trying to get rid of the stutter. I dont care if he stutters like a sewing machine, at least he was accurate.
It kind of did. It's not like he was having set shots from 40 out on a slight angle, if my memory serves at least 3 of them were snaps from pocket(ish) positions.

Just not a fan?

No issues with McGovern per se - it's just that I'm concerned with our lack of running power and McGovern doesn't help that. Schofield would have been a better replacement for Glass imo

That said I'm glad that Simpson isn't afraid to give the younger players a chance if their form warrants it and I hope he does really well

The fact we have too many tall's justifies Hill getting the gig , we just need more crumbing options ATM
because as soon as it hits the ground its out of there & why ???? because Where too **ucking tall and we still cant take a mark inside 50.
Good pressure from your talls will never be as effective at ground level as quick smalls who will user big guys like traffic cones, seriously you boffins keep talking about the midfield but if we had a Phil Matera type in there , it wouldnt matter how it came in ,we would keep it in there longer...but no, lets keep talking s**t about Pridda our Plenty of you keyboard warriors like putting players down but I wonder how many of you play any form of sport ????? Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well here.

Us poor boffins are having a bit of trouble working out why you suggest dropping Kennedy and Naitanui for Lycett and Sinclair, but want Hill left in because we're too ****ing tall and the talls can't provide enough pressure.

Chill baby girl

It kind of did. It's not like he was having set shots from 40 out on a slight angle, if my memory serves at least 3 of them were snaps from pocket(ish) positions.

no I think you have the wrong game. 1 was a snap from directly in front, 1 was a set shot and running into goal from 20 meters directly in front.
Still doesn't justify dropping him. Those calling for JK to be dropped are clueless.

No issues with McGovern per se - it's just that I'm concerned with our lack of running power and McGovern doesn't help that. Schofield would have been a better replacement for Glass imo

That said I'm glad that Simpson isn't afraid to give the younger players a chance if their form warrants it and I hope he does really well

Totally agree. Would rather a more flexible third tall who provides more run, especially against Carlton.

I'm not sure they are competing for the same position.

Brown/Emac/McGovern are key defenders. I would have thought only 2 could play in the one team.

Schofield is now competing with Glass as the flexible third tall IMO. Someone who can take a resting ruck or a midsize forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back