Toast Welcome to Carlton Dale Thomas!

Remove this Banner Ad

Are outsiders no longer allowed to provide an opinion on the Carlton board?

The thread isn't labeled Carlton supporters only and comments made on the Collingwood board are completely irrelevant to the current discussion.

I personally would be happy to agree with your POV were the comments negative, however they aren't. If you feel differently report them.
Well said.

Daisy was a great set shot in his first 4 years, he nailed pressure goals (think 2007 drawn final V WCE) and more around those years. From about 2010 onwards he started hooking it significantly.
No he has never been, he may have kicked a goal in a pressure situation but that does not make him a good kick of the football

No he has never been, he may have kicked a goal in a pressure situation but that does not make him a good kick of the football

A back-heel kick ala Lloyd, would be better than what he's currently offering up. :)

Was making the ball sing in the pre-season, when he got going.........it's currently snoring.

Its just a little strange when there is a discussion taking place on another teams board about a player between purely opposition supporters. And even stranger when you have your own megathread devoted to that player.

1) he is an ex Collingwood premiership hero who was very popular, who left the club to go to the oldest rival, where the ex-premiership coach has also deflected to. It is going to be of interest for a while and it is exactly this sort of drama that makes us love this sport. It is better than any soap opera.

2) it is an internet forum, seriously get a grip...

1) he is an ex Collingwood premiership hero who was very popular, who left the club to go to the oldest rival, where the ex-premiership coach has also deflected to. It is going to be of interest for a while and it is exactly this sort of drama that makes us love this sport. It is better than any soap opera.

2) it is an internet forum, seriously get a grip...
  1. You let Thomas and Shaw go.
  2. Mick was sacked.
  3. **** off or look in the mirror.

1. You let Thomas and Shaw go.
  2. Mick was sacked.
  3. **** off or look in the mirror.

Some people really seem to get upset on here.

1 and 2, so what? It is still a point of interest to supporters. Supporters didn't make the decision.

3... refer to my first sentence.

xo peace and hugs :)

1) he is an ex Collingwood premiership hero who was very popular, who left the club to go to the oldest rival, where the ex-premiership coach has also deflected to.
I assume you meant defected, if so then you can only blame yourselves for Mick and Daisy being at Carlton as both would still be at Collingwood if they were offered new satisfactory deals.

I assume you meant defected, if so then you can only blame yourselves for Mick and Daisy being at Carlton as both would still be at Collingwood if they were offered new satisfactory deals.

Mick wasnt sacked, he elected to leave 2 years into a 5 year contract, the last year I believe would have been this year, filling the position Rodney Eade now holds at the club. The money he was offered was the same as what he would have been on if he had remained the senior coach. Not a bad deal I would have thought. The reality is he didnt like being moved on for a younger man in Buckley.

Daisy was offered a fair deal based on his out put the previous 2 years. (He basically didnt play, or played injured and didnt\couldnt do much).
As Carlton supporters you guys need to hope he gets through this year injury free and use it as a platform to return to his 2010\11 form next year. at the end of 2015 you will have a better understanding of weather it was a good trade or not

Mick wasnt sacked, he elected to leave 2 years into a 5 year contract, the last year I believe would have been this year, filling the position Rodney Eade now holds at the club. The money he was offered was the same as what he would have been on if he had remained the senior coach. Not a bad deal I would have thought. The reality is he didnt like being moved on for a younger man in Buckley.

Daisy was offered a fair deal based on his out put the previous 2 years. (He basically didnt play, or played injured and didnt\couldnt do much).
As Carlton supporters you guys need to hope he gets through this year injury free and use it as a platform to return to his 2010\11 form next year. at the end of 2015 you will have a better understanding of weather it was a good trade or not
I think you missed the word satisfactory in my quote. What seems reasonable and fair to you does not necessarily mean the same to Thomas and Malthouse.

Pie supporters be VERY careful what you say here as i have little doubt our own supporters really could not give a stuff if you think daisy is finished or your own opinions of him as he does not play for you anymore.

There are public threads everywhere on Daisy and feel free to have your air time in there as right now i have no doubt that more than 90% of Carlton supporters on this board which is their own honestly care very little for your opinions whether good or bad about Dale or even Mick for that fact.

A back-heel kick ala Lloyd, would be better than what he's currently offering up. :)

Was making the ball sing in the pre-season, when he got going.........it's currently snoring.

Field kick he is very good as he doesn't move the ball around in the approach. I have only ever questioned his ability in front of goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Story of our lives here at Carlton :(
I don't understand how some players can pinpoint a pass onto their team mate's chest but miss the goals completely.

Actually, when you think about it, a "pinpoint" pass is usually one that the receiving player runs on to, which can make it look better. Sure, they still have to get it in the right general direction, but the receiver can make a pass look more accurate than it otherwise might be. The goal posts can't do that for ya :)

No one really knows what went on with mick leaving collingwood, we can speculate, he wanted to remain senior coach, that we know, the rest we don't

Story of our lives here at Carlton :(
I don't understand how some players can pinpoint a pass onto their team mate's chest but miss the goals completely.

They are very different kicks though. Usually when passing you don't have to kick over the man on the mark and you have momentum going through the ball. Goal kicking you usually have a guy 190cm+ on the mark jumping in the air, meaning you have to kick directly over a 2m+ obstacle that is lined up directly between you and your target. As such the kick is usually a much higher one, with more lean back in order to achieve the 'lob'.

I don't think players practice kicking over a man on the mark enough. Sure they practice goal kicking but how often do you see someone standing the mark jumping in the air in front of them for each kick?

I think the man on the mark is the most significant factor.

And yes there is a man on the mark a lot of the time for field kicking, but how often does the player kick it directly over them? Generally they are passing off to the side or playing on. Only when they go the 'long one down the line' do they kick it over the man on the mark much the same way as they kick at goal.

Some random ramblings from me - Not sure if my thoughts will be welcome, but I do feel they're relevant.

Like most Pies supporters I loved Daisey. I loved the way he played, the way he expressed himself on the footy field, the exuberance he showed, the passion he showed, he kind of represented the young man in all of us, who just went out and played footy and had an infectious and obvious love for what he was doing. Everyone of us is a footy tragic. We go to games hoping we can witness something amazing, wishing we were a part of it. We post daily on forums, noticeboards, facebook about football - it's what we all wish we were doing and Daisey seemed like one of us.

His situation almost reminds me of Shawn Michaels (Weird analogy I know.) The young up and comer who had such flair and such intensity in what he did. But then something happened which made him lose his smile, lose his expression, and look like he lost his love for the game.

Daisey made a smart business decision in making the move to Carlton, and no one can begrudge that. Does it change my love for him? Yes. Does it change my opinion of him as a person? Not sure. Does it mean he isn't a superb footballer? Absolutely not.

A lot of Collingwood supporters are rewriting history by saying he was never any good, that he wasn't super important to us etc. Facts are he was a premiership player, whose best two years coincided with the two years we played in GF's. It's always hard when a player leaves, when you suddenly are meant to not care about him anymore, especially one like Daisey who most supporters felt was a great conduit between the club and the fans. But for us to suggest he wasn't the player that the same fans had built him up to be is disrespectful - to him, to our club, and to Carlton.

I'm not innocent; I've sent him cheeky Tweets, and was disappointed when he left. But that will never change my opinion of him as a footballer, or stop me wishing him all the best at Carlton. He's at a great football club now, with great supporters, and who will be as passionate about him as we were. I just hope for him, and for you that he can play some great footy and get that sparkle back in his eye as he's a player that EVERYONE loves to watch when he's on.

Some random ramblings from me - Not sure if my thoughts will be welcome, but I do feel they're relevant.

Like most Pies supporters I loved Daisey. I loved the way he played, the way he expressed himself on the footy field, the exuberance he showed, the passion he showed, he kind of represented the young man in all of us, who just went out and played footy and had an infectious and obvious love for what he was doing. Everyone of us is a footy tragic. We go to games hoping we can witness something amazing, wishing we were a part of it. We post daily on forums, noticeboards, facebook about football - it's what we all wish we were doing and Daisey seemed like one of us.

His situation almost reminds me of Shawn Michaels (Weird analogy I know.) The young up and comer who had such flair and such intensity in what he did. But then something happened which made him lose his smile, lose his expression, and look like he lost his love for the game.

Daisey made a smart business decision in making the move to Carlton, and no one can begrudge that. Does it change my love for him? Yes. Does it change my opinion of him as a person? Not sure. Does it mean he isn't a superb footballer? Absolutely not.

A lot of Collingwood supporters are rewriting history by saying he was never any good, that he wasn't super important to us etc. Facts are he was a premiership player, whose best two years coincided with the two years we played in GF's. It's always hard when a player leaves, when you suddenly are meant to not care about him anymore, especially one like Daisey who most supporters felt was a great conduit between the club and the fans. But for us to suggest he wasn't the player that the same fans had built him up to be is disrespectful - to him, to our club, and to Carlton.

I'm not innocent; I've sent him cheeky Tweets, and was disappointed when he left. But that will never change my opinion of him as a footballer, or stop me wishing him all the best at Carlton. He's at a great football club now, with great supporters, and who will be as passionate about him as we were. I just hope for him, and for you that he can play some great footy and get that sparkle back in his eye as he's a player that EVERYONE loves to watch when he's on.

This is a top post.

Although the Shawn Michaels analogy made me laugh.

These Collingwood posters are far too rational for my liking! Forcing me to rethink my prejudices.

They are very different kicks though. Usually when passing you don't have to kick over the man on the mark and you have momentum going through the ball. Goal kicking you usually have a guy 190cm+ on the mark jumping in the air, meaning you have to kick directly over a 2m+ obstacle that is lined up directly between you and your target. As such the kick is usually a much higher one, with more lean back in order to achieve the 'lob'.

I don't think players practice kicking over a man on the mark enough. Sure they practice goal kicking but how often do you see someone standing the mark jumping in the air in front of them for each kick?

I think the man on the mark is the most significant factor.

And yes there is a man on the mark a lot of the time for field kicking, but how often does the player kick it directly over them? Generally they are passing off to the side or playing on. Only when they go the 'long one down the line' do they kick it over the man on the mark much the same way as they kick at goal.

As a female, I wasn't allowed to play footy after the age of 12. As a stubborn brat, I cracked it because of that stupid rule and stopped playing when I was 10. As a result, I don't fully understand what it's like to have that much pressure riding on your kicking skills. I've always found the antics of the man on the mark to be a bit laughable...can a dude waving his arms around really be that much of a distraction?

Pretty balanced post with more than a kernel of truth.

As a female, I wasn't allowed to play footy after the age of 12. As a stubborn brat, I cracked it because of that stupid rule and stopped playing when I was 10. As a result, I don't fully understand what it's like to have that much pressure riding on your kicking skills. I've always found the antics of the man on the mark to be a bit laughable...can a dude waving his arms around really be that much of a distraction?

Depends how hot he is!! AM I RIGHT GUISE =)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back