Toast Welcome to Carlton Dale Thomas!

Remove this Banner Ad

These Collingwood posters are far too rational for my liking! Forcing me to rethink my prejudices.

As a female, I wasn't allowed to play footy after the age of 12. As a stubborn brat, I cracked it because of that stupid rule and stopped playing when I was 10. As a result, I don't fully understand what it's like to have that much pressure riding on your kicking skills. I've always found the antics of the man on the mark to be a bit laughable...can a dude waving his arms around really be that much of a distraction?

If you read my post again the point wasn't about the man on the mark being a distraction. It is about the kind of kick required to kick directly over a 2m+ obstacle that is in between you and your target vs. the majority of field kicks where there is a much clearer path and the kick can be kept lower.

Yeah, expected him to say "They're both crap".
Wiley doesn't sound like a spin doctor.

People would probably take it as gospel if Wiley's words had been posted by HARKER or someone else. :)
Essentially said that for Boots :(
Missed Wiley's subliminal message after his "got a lot of talent" comment.

When you've got Wiley praising Graham for his work ethic & doing everything possible to improve & then all Wiley says about Boots is 'got a lot of talent' - it spoke volumes. As Thy said, he's not going to come out saying Boots is lazy & needs to pull his finger out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Story of our lives here at Carlton :(
I don't understand how some players can pinpoint a pass onto their team mate's chest but miss the goals completely.
Yeah it is because players are more relaxed when they are passing the ball I would say. I have never understood why their action is different though, but saying that my action is different.

Yeah it is because players are more relaxed when they are passing the ball I would say. I have never understood why their action is different though, but saying that my action is different.
Similarly we have a number of player I'm more comfortable with having a shot on the run than going back for a set shot, it's all between the ears you'd imagine.

Until Daisy is fit & can run around like he did in 2011, the following is all we can ask for:

CARLTON: Marc MurphyMarc Murphy's leadership is reflected in his commitment to the defensive side of his game. The Carlton skipper leads his team in pressure acts this season (156) ahead of Dale Thomas (101) and Ed Curnow (100), and is fourth in the AFL for tackles (53). Curnow has built his game on defensive pressure and is ranked sixth in the competition for average tackles a game in 2014 (7.6). Sam Rowe's development as a defender has been impressive and he is fourth in the AFL in 2014 for one-percenters (64), with veteran key defender Michael Jamison equal 12th (48). David Ellard has also been a revelation in attack this season and is a clear leader at Carlton in forward-50 tackles (10). But no player at Visy Park applies more pressure all over the ground than Murphy. - Nick Bowen

Bit off topic but on the above article link.

That's a side of Murphy that a lot of opposition supporters either don't see, or choose not to notice.

Could probably include the media in that as well, who love to get stuck into him when things are not going well. The way they report things now he's skipper are very different to how they did when Judd was skipper.

When Carlton win against a side they should beat and Murphy has had a great game the articles always seem to suggest how bad the opposition were, and how Murphy was given to much space or wasn't paid enough attention too rather than highlighting how hard he worked etc. Same situation with Judd and it was "Judd single handedly carried the Carlton team to Victory - what a leader"

Same if Carlton lose. "Murphy doesn't fire when the going is tough" "Murphy again couldn't lift his game when under pressure." If Juddy had a quiet one and Carlton got beat "Judd can't do it all on his own" "Judd needs his team mates to lift."

Judd is certainly a freak of nature and slides to 2nd behind G.Ablett in the best midfielder I've seen in modern football so not using this as a way of devaluing anything that that champion has done - more so how the media always seem to have a cheap shot for Murphy.

Was having a chat with a mate today about Betts/Daisy & he asked me what compo pick we would have got for Betts & I honestly have no idea how it works, anyone know roughly what we would have got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back