Past #1: Daniel Currie - officially traded to Gold Coast in exchange for a third round selection (#53)

Remove this Banner Ad

I jumped off the Goldy train when he lost a contest across half-forward in the last quarter, losing his feet and going to ground.
Has been a fine player for us but is giving us absolutely nothing around the ground this year and it's hurting us.
He had five touches to 3-4 time...not good enough.
I'm not saying Currie will do much better, but Goldy needs to get some urgency into his game.
I'm not sure what he does after the centre bounce...he doesn't get behind the ball to be a marking presence in defence and he doesn't even pop up as a marking target when we kick out after a behind.

Muppet. Turn it up..

Currie hasn't been as good as Goldstien this year, I understand wanting to do something but that isn't it.
How many marks did Black and Daw take tonight?

Currie has been horrific this year. He isn't the answer, he isn't any harder than Goldy.

Black had 3 marks, 2 inside forward 50, 0 contested. Daw had 2 marks, 0 contested, 0 inside forward 50.

In saying that, we moved the ball slowly most of the night and very little was put to the advantage of our team mates.

Goldilocks has been doing my head in! So many non efforts last night it was embarrassing! Cost us two goals in the first quarter, one with a dropped mark another with an air ball to a 3 v 1

I thought he wasn't getting involved in the play last year because he was too buggered from getting to so many contests! He has been getting a fair chop put from Daw yet he is still offering nothing around the ground.

He has taken 3 contested marks for the year! Needs to give us more and start providing an option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I jumped off the Goldy train when he lost a contest across half-forward in the last quarter, losing his feet and going to ground.
Has been a fine player for us but is giving us absolutely nothing around the ground this year and it's hurting us.
He had five touches to 3-4 time...not good enough.
I'm not saying Currie will do much better, but Goldy needs to get some urgency into his game.
I'm not sure what he does after the centre bounce...he doesn't get behind the ball to be a marking presence in defence and he doesn't even pop up as a marking target when we kick out after a behind.

Serious? In the first qtr we won just about every hit out. Our mids were constantly second to the ball. We smashed them in the ruck. But our mids were terrible. Our problem lies with the midfield as a group.

I thought Goldy rucked okay but some of his efforts around the ground were ordinary. He isn't the problem.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I reckon he is the problem.

He is a leader now, OK not officially, but he would be in the top 5 earners at the club and has been around for a long time now. He needs to make his presence felt and set the tone in the middle. I want him to win the tap and then find an opposition midfielder to hurt. He needs to start playing angry. Sick of this gentle giant s**t. We lost the game last night in the middle. Every bloke who played there needs to come under the microscope, starting with Goldy.

Some dumb comments re Currie in this thread too. He was atrocious earlier in the year AS A FORWARD. He deserves a crack as the number 1 ruck if Goldy doesn't extract the digit.

I reckon he is the problem.

He is a leader now, OK not officially, but he would be in the top 5 earners at the club and has been around for a long time now. He needs to make his presence felt and set the tone in the middle. I want him to win the tap and then find an opposition midfielder to hurt. He needs to start playing angry. Sick of this gentle giant s**t. We lost the game last night in the middle. Every bloke who played there needs to come under the microscope, starting with Goldy.

Some dumb comments re Currie in this thread too. He was atrocious earlier in the year AS A FORWARD. He deserves a crack as the number 1 ruck if Goldy doesn't extract the digit.

I don't think we will ever see a nasty streak come out of Goldy ever. It ain't in him. As much as I would love to have a guy like Mumford or even maric who follow up and tackle and hurt people we just don't have them. Currie ain't it either. You think Goldy gives us nothing around the ground, well currie won't give us any more. He hasn't got the engine of Goldy and from what I seen as soon as it hits the ground he is absolutely useless and SLOW!!
All things considered, I'm of the belief that ruckmen ain't that influential anyways. There isn't that many good ones in the league. Take out cox, Mumford and sandilands and the rest don't do s**t. You think mac and Simpson were influential?? Nah. So for us we need goldy to break even or win the hit outs, something I think he does. And just fill holes and make sure the other ruckmen don't push fwd and hurt us. It's in the midfielders hands to take advantage of his tap work, that's his greatest asset.

I don't think we will ever see a nasty streak come out of Goldy ever. It ain't in him. As much as I would love to have a guy like Mumford or even maric who follow up and tackle and hurt people we just don't have them. Currie ain't it either. You think Goldy gives us nothing around the ground, well currie won't give us any more. He hasn't got the engine of Goldy and from what I seen as soon as it hits the ground he is absolutely useless and SLOW!!
All things considered, I'm of the belief that ruckmen ain't that influential anyways. There isn't that many good ones in the league. Take out cox, Mumford and sandilands and the rest don't do s**t. You think mac and Simpson were influential?? Nah. So for us we need goldy to break even or win the hit outs, something I think he does. And just fill holes and make sure the other ruckmen don't push fwd and hurt us. It's in the midfielders hands to take advantage of his tap work, that's his greatest asset.
I'm not saying Currie is better, I'm saying we should use him in the role he was recruited for (ruckman, not forward) and in the process give Goldy the rocket he needs.

Your ruck philosophy there of "well, there are worse ruckmen out there and he will never be as good as the good ones" is the exact sort of complacency and acceptance of sub-par performances that I fear happens far too often at this footy club. It will be exactly what prevents this group of players from taking the next step.

Some real piss poor efforts from goldy but it's expected now to be honest. I'm told we have to live with it, because hey that's goldy. What a bullshit complacent attitude that is. He offers nothing around the ground so I'd hope he'd be working on that aspect at training.

He had the run against a flat footed motlop..he dropped it and motlop ran away with it.

In our forward 50 he watched as simpson competed against Adams an enright. Why not help out? Did the same thing against Pitts from collingwood. He watched him mark the ball in the goal score.

I know goldy is good and better than anything we have but I think that has made him very complacent. He should be running ruck man in to the ground and using his tank to be useful. I don't think he's improved over the last 4 seasons. Frustrating when he could be so much more.

Que darwinroo...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back