Roast Something is wrong (Giants Supporters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

After doing some research, I also notice that your reserves aren't going that well. They should be given your much bigger list and the number of high end draftees playing in you reserves.

WTF happened against the Swans last game, you guys had a much better quality side than them but got absolutelty reamed. That kind of result also worries me as it may indicate a general malaise at GWS. No way should that line up have layed down against what was,apart from a couple of has been senior players, really a team of late draft picks and rookies.

From the outside it appears that your list build which appeared to be clever, may have led to an inbalance in how a good club operates in all those subtle ways.

After doing some research, I also notice that your reserves aren't going that well.

Just beat the Gold Coast by nearly 200 points (32:18 - 2:7) The Magoos have only really been towelled up in one of the Sydney games (smacked them by 70 in the other) and were unimpressive in the heat against a very good NT Thunder side. Sitting third on the ladder behind the Thunder and the swans on a rather healthy percentage of 173. Wouldn't call them struggling at all.

I would imagine you might see a few more NEAFL boys in the seniors sooner rather than later.

All good getting high draft picks, but they will take time to develop (assuming proper coaching).
Need to look at trading the high draft picks, for a developed mature player that can be a game changer even if it means losing the first couple of picks.

All good getting high draft picks, but they will take time to develop (assuming proper coaching).
Need to look at trading the high draft picks, for a developed mature player that can be a game changer even if it means losing the first couple of picks.

Not an unreasonable suggestion. I reckon we'll be serious players in this year's trading period.

GREATER Western Sydney boss David Matthews says his players let their emerging fan base down with an “uncompetitive” loss to Richmond.

The Giants will redouble their efforts to secure an experienced key defender in the off-season, with Melbourne’s James Frawley an obvious target.

But while Matthews has pleaded patience 54 games into the club’s journey, he lashed the players effort after a second consecutive 100-point loss.

“It was one of our most disappointing days (as a club) because it was just an uncompetitive effort,’’ he told the Herald Sun.

“It was an unacceptable effort and we will tolerate fluctuations in performance, but we can’t continue to tolerate that.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...loss-to-richmond/story-fni5f7qp-1226931073868

i will try to remain confident and positive.
1/two best backmen out.
2/jezza sadly out of form and overcoming injury.
3/lots of changes that rarely occur at any club in a week.
4/mummy and others first up after a spell into a damaged team.

1/Combining all these things,the outcome was a bit predictable.
2/Jezza down back,wasnt a bad move considering points 1/2.
3/Drafting is a problem that nobody in the league has yet to perfect,it is also not really leons list,it still bears the mark of sheeds and the recruiters have to draft "in" what they think will progress the list in the next 4 years as all other clubs do,not draft for this year.
4/Some players are playing to be traded back home and this does make teamwork near impossible when the game falls early and its every man for himself.
5/Dont no what the name of the club shoulve been,but its now the GWS giants.{i can live with GIANTS}

Which ones do you reckon fit into this bucket?
Dont exactly know.
But watching{yes on telly}some of the kicks were just mindless to nobody or a bad 1 on 1.
There was no run and support{couldve been just an off day}and in my playing days,this pointed to thge no care factor.
Some draftees{at all clubs interstate]just want to get a game in the hope to impress clubs in their home state.
I would also add that the general actually looks like a player of the future.
Lastly im hoping we just had a shocker and the year still brings experience and building to the group.

I know the kids wanting to go home stuff has always hung over us. But what worries me now is how true it actually may be.
Year 1 and 2 all the players were having a great time living together at Breakfast point knowing that soon the crowds will come and sooner rather than later we will be a premiership club. Possibly quicker than some of the bottom tier Melbourne clubs that they could be traded to. Now a lot of these players have moved out (unfortunately mostly to swans territory) and are starting to realise this premiership thing out West of Sydney may be harder than we thought. Unfortunately if the rest of the year continues in this vein an exedous may actually be on the cards :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont exactly know.
But watching{yes on telly}some of the kicks were just mindless to nobody or a bad 1 on 1.
There was no run and support{couldve been just an off day}and in my playing days,this pointed to thge no care factor..

Maybe but hopefully thats not the case. But there could also be an element of some players not agreeing to how Toby was treated and there being some fall out from that. Anyway hopefully the season will now get back on track

I hope so.

But it worries me how so many of them didn't seem to care on Saturday. I thought it was a winnable game. I wasn't expecting a defeat like that.

Maybe we have more Taylor Adams on the list than we realise.

Steady on lets not start jumping at shadows, but here is our players contract status and as you can see of our young guys only O'Rourke, Plowman, Jaksch are uncontracted after this year, everyone else is locked away.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/gws-players-contract-status.1008964/

After 48 hours reflection on the result, I've calmed down, and thoughts have turned positive.

Q1. What is it the Giants don't have that other clubs do?
A1. A player that stands up and always wins his position. The leader. Doesn't have to be the Captain. Essendon/ Watson, Collwood/ Pendles, Adelaide/ Dangerfield, Carlton/ was Judd...you get the idea.
Q2. Which player will be that marquee player, always relied upon to win his one-on-ones, might take 60 games, might take 120.
A2. For me, its Adam Treloar. I think he'll be the one to lead us from the wilderness.

What was the score when Haynes went off v the Eagles? Was he seriously underrated? Obviously also Mohr and Davis out has effected the points conceded but that should have been when Shaw and Hunt stepped up
As everyone has suggested we can trade for a defender at the end of the year but who is available? will they be a viable option (Gilham and Thornton didn't work) and what price will the club have to pay (Players/Draft picks/Cap space/Internal Player development)
Has losing Hombsch and Bruce effected the club more than they expected? Injuries happen, next year it could be small forwards or rucks (Touch wood)
I am looking forward to next year and the year after and so on

On the Couch will be facinating. Pity I don't have Foxtel. Really hope we get some hints about what might be going on to produce the last couple of results. And, hopefully something can be done about it quickly. We all now the team is capable of better.

The way I look at it is when success comes, it will be oh so sweet given the hard times we endure early on with this club. Having said that, a good mate of mine is a life long Saints supporter. We have nothing to complain about...it is all relative. I have seen the years of pain and anguish in that man as the Saints build, implode, build, implode...etc, etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back