Unknown person requests WorkCover to look at Vic clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I originally thought that. However, they would not invite the publicity for a proverbial 'stab in the dark'.

AFLPA, like all, know that eggs are much better on toast, than on faces.
A Union wouldn't hit Workcover like this. They would actually provide a press release, perhaps call a press conference and point out that they are concerned for ALL their members and, as a result, have asked Workcover to investigate all Victorian clubs along with asking the relevant authorities in the other states to investigate the clubs under their jurisdiction. No egg on their faces because if nothing comes of it they would be seen to be acting in the interests of their members.

Whatever you think of Unions they wouldn't go about it this way.

names Melbourne as employing Dank

Shows just how amateurish this is - just ONE POINT I'd like to make, Dank was never even employed by MFC. What a bunch of morons, nice attempt at deflection but unfortunately it's not gonna save the EFC from the nuclear bomb coming their way. It's already gone beyond the fail safe point.

Can the people that nabbed Rompingwins and Aker get onto this at all?

EDIT: I'm also concerned about all the players involved. I know the AFL already investigated the entire league and cleared 17 clubs (cleanly too I might add. None of those illegal joint investigations to worry about) but... ya know... Look at like Buddy and Gazza.

And how does Judd come back so fit this time after we were told he was done 2 months ago?

Very concerned.

:p

Last edited:

I'm guessing Hird sent in an anonymous tip from France

FJH.jpg

Oui Oui. Je m'appelle Jean-Francois et I have un tip-off por vous!

"The Victorian WorkCover Authority can confirm it has received a request under section 131 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 to conduct an investigation into alleged risks to health and safety involving nine AFL clubs," VWA spokeswomen Kate Fawcett confirmed to AFL.com.au.

"The VWA is currently reviewing this request."

It is now up to the VWA to decide if it will launch an investigation.
Documentation lodged with VWA names Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs as 'relevant clubs'.

The request is being reviewed and will likely be screwed up and tossed in the bin.

Obvious Essendon muck raking is obvious.

Bastards have no issue wasting taxpayer money. Burn the club down.

But, apparently it has to go straight to the prosecution.

Do these sort of requests get published by Workcover somewhere? Because that document is not scanned.

Therefore, ABC took the document from some online resource or the person who sent the document to Workcover supplied it to ABC or published it somewhere.
I would have thought that something like this is highly confidential.
Obviously someone is pushing an agenda.

Hird associated with Rompingwins as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that the outcome of a Workcover investigation would be "risk" based.
If the clubs were injecting their players with unknown or unapproved substances -high risk.
Using edible or cream based unknown or unapproved substances -lower risk. ( remembering this is health risk, not ASADA banned drugs risk ).
Using stuff from the local supplement shop ( assuming its an above board business ) but not keeping track of who had what. Very low risk.

Will be interesting to see the outcome. Workcare can be stupid dicks sometimes. Where were they when the home insulation crap was going on ( yes it was their jurisdiction, not the governments ).

Last time I checked, the Saints had only used the bad thymosin. Which is good. I think. Anyhoo that s**t don't work. Obviously.

Yeah they couldn't afford the "good stuff" so it was just a packet of panadol with Thymosin written on it with texta in the hope of getting some sort of placebo affect.

It's not my angle. I'm for EFC and wins. I'll leave the emotional outbursts and uninformed romantic ideals to those who've got NFI.
So thats the last we'll hear from you?

Shows just how amateurish this is - just ONE POINT I'd like to make, Dank was never even employed by MFC. What a bunch of morons, nice attempt at deflection but unfortunately it's not gonna save the EFC from the nuclear bomb coming their way. It's already gone beyond the fail safe point.

"Employed the services of" (as the request states) is a bit different to "employed". But here's the MFC statement on the matter: http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-04-18/response-to-730-report

Rohan Connolly‏@rohan_connolly 1h
Workcover asked to investigate supplements programs at 10 Vic clubs. Boy, that's bit inconvenient for the one-dimensional view of this story

Mark Robinson‏@Robbo_heraldsun 1h
Hold on to your hats ... @theheraldsun: AFL clubs face supplements scutiny http://hsun.info/U5hGLZ

the clubs listed are Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs.

Club presidenst angry at Ess over legal stoush. So, can we expect clubs to defend themselves against Work Safe Victoria if investigated?

These blokes really need to hand in the keys. They are meant to be journalists FFS.

Yes Robbo, these are the Victorian clubs listed ... every single one of them. It's a Victorian regulatory body; have you put it together yet? Do you need another minute to figure it out? And of course the clubs will defend themselves charged with something they believe they're innocent of. But seeking an injunction from the Federal Court to bury evidence or asking to have the findings of the investigation quashed over procedural technicalities isn't really the same thing is it you drunkard.

Rereading it, it seems like someone alleging that everyone may have done what Essendon did and that Robinson and Dank were the bad guys, which would make me think it was from Essendon.

However, the last 3 paragraphs are interesting:

"Records relating to the survey conducted by the AFL into supplements use, and in possession of the AFL and each of the Applicable Clubs, may hold additional material relevant to an investigation and/or prosecution by the Authority.

Although the AFL has chosen not to take any further action against any of the Relevant Clubs, the AFL is neither charged with nor competent to pursue matters under the Act, and in any event faces commercial conflicts of interest that make it an unreliable entity to do so.

In addition to the public interest of upholding the provisions of the Act, a proper investigation and prosecution presents the opportunity to identify the need for and to implement measures to monitor and secure the future health and safety of affected employees at the Relevant Clubs."

My bet is that it is from someone representing a player, for example, a parent or the Players Association. I think the Players Association might have access to the survey though, so I'm guessing a parent, a player agent or another person looking out for the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back