Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually walked away today very happy

I now watch footy with the view of how good these kids will be when Macca is gone and we get a real coach

Stringer Dahl McCrae Bonts Honey Hunter Libba Wallia and co are a good core to build from.

Now all we need is a coach who has a clue

The future is positive it will just take a sacking to grab it

I now watch footy with the view of how good these kids will be when Macca is gone and we get a real coach

Stringer Dahl McCrae Bonts Honey Hunter Libba Wallia and co are a good core to build from.

Yep missed that perspective thanks MattDougies, on ya champ.;)

Couldn't agree more with you Mattdougie, been saying all year that McCartney is a development coach, and when we get a good Senior Coach watch out!

How's Roos going ? The money he is on , with his reputation , he should have smashed the underage team we put on the park today.
It's all about cattle my friend.

How's Roos going ? The money he is on , with his reputation , he should have smashed the underage team we put on the park today.
It's all about cattle my friend.
But it is how you organise and run the cattle, and at times we have stampeded and other times we have gone to pasture.

Yeah but who did we beat?

Won on the back of bad umpiring and a freak goal.

Shit coaching nearly lost it for us.....:rolleyes:

It writes itself.

I think you missed the reverse irony, but meh.. as I stated in the autopsy, we were lucky..

But it is how you organise and run the cattle, and at times we have stampeded and other times we have gone to pasture.

Actually I think Roos is doing pretty well

Turned a completely uncompetitive unit into a team that at least is in less than a year.

So let's expand your post

Do you think after 2.5 years of Roos at Melbourne you will still only win 5 games???

Not a chance in hell, they will be a far better team than we are at the 2.5 year stage

In fact they nearly better than is now

Not a chance in hell, they will be a far better team than we are at the 2.5 year stage

I'd like to come back and revisit this comment of yours in that time frame.. Not because I believe McCartney is better than Roos, but because the future of our young list is far better than theirs.

Actually I think Roos is doing pretty well

Turned a completely uncompetitive unit into a team that at least is in less than a year.

So let's expand your post

Do you think after 2.5 years of Roos at Melbourne you will still only win 5 games???

Expected to get that garbage. Look at the team and age demographic Roos is working with now.
Hardly a team of kids the industry would have you believe.
By the way I don't know if McCartney is a good coach or not , but until we get another year out of our recent draftees and by some miracle we can find some forwards with a presence , not sure how you can be so sure he is completely hopeless.

I think you missed the reverse irony, but meh.. as I stated in the autopsy, we were lucky..

Nah I got it just going with the flow...you make your own luck. (see 97, 09)

Expected to get that garbage. Look at the team and age demographic Roos is working with now.
Hardly a team of kids the industry would have you believe.
By the way I don't know if McCartney is a good coach or not , but until we get another year out of our recent draftees and by some miracle we can find some forwards with a presence , not sure how you can be so sure he is completely hopeless.

I'm not sure it's simply my opinion and it might be wrong BUT being worse than last year is a little proof we arnt going forward and there are no excuses for that

I'm not sure it's simply my opinion and it might be wrong BUT being worse than last year is a little proof we arnt going forward and there are no excuses for that
You keep saying this, yet we have more wins now than we did at this time last year, and we're not losing by as much as we did last year. This is with our best player struggling with a bad back all year as well. We've also scored more total points than last year at the same point, as well as conceded less points.
So how are we worse than last year?

Roos has gone quick fixes with Cross and Vince. They won't be around when they are challenging. We retired Cross to give room to younger players. Therein lies your difference. But keep on chippin. It amuses me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it is , been around long enough to know that.
Stampede : Jones v Magpies , pasture : Jones today. Is that coaching ? Or does it help explain why we are where we are ? Cattle not good enough ?
But my question to you , have we got the cattle to fire right now ?
Might be wrong but I along with most people who follow AFL don't think we currently have the right cattle full stop.

You keep saying this, yet we have more wins now than we did at this time last year, and we're not losing by as much as we did last year. This is with our best player struggling with a bad back all year as well. We've also scored more total points than last year at the same point, as well as conceded less points.
Get your facts out of here please.

You do realize these guys where just about hand picked by Macca as exactly the type of player he wanted to build around. Those guys where not considered the best available at that pick but they fitted what Macca wanted. You don't give him any credit for that???

Far easier draw and we won't win ore than 8 which we won last year

So even the simpliest of us has to say that anything less than 9 wins is a failure and with the easiest draw in the AFL I think anything less than 10 wins should be deemed a failure

And losing is losing sorry I don't use excuses or accept them

Roos has gone quick fixes with Cross and Vince. They won't be around when they are challenging. We retired Cross to give room to younger players. Therein lies your difference. But keep on chippin. It amuses me.

Are you that singular minded about footy?

Roos knew the demons needed older heads so went and got some

They are not quick fixes they are there to help guide the list thru

And Vince isn't exactly old mate

Far easier draw and we won't win ore than 8 which we won last year

So even the simpliest of us has to say that anything less than 9 wins is a failure and with the easiest draw in the AFL I think anything less than 10 wins should be deemed a failure

And losing is losing sorry I don't use excuses or accept them
We were awful at this time last year. Not many, if any, would have tipped us to win the ones we won late last year. Who's to say it wont happen again?

Regardless, your answer to my question should be - "By no measure are we worse than last year".

You do realize these guys where just about hand picked by Macca as exactly the type of player he wanted to build around. Those guys where not considered the best available at that pick but they fitted what Macca wanted. You don't give him any credit for that???

Please!!! This is garbage

The selection commitee went out on a limb with Bonts and Stringer the others where picked around where they were supposed to and you can't count players ready there or father sons

We were awful at this time last year. Not many, if any, would have tipped us to win the ones we won late last year. Who's to say it wont happen again?

Regardless, your answer to my question should be - "By no measure are we worse than last year".

No igloo I do not think we are better than last year.

One decent win all year and very win was a shruggling against other struggling teams

So NO WE ARE NOT BETTER

Disagree all you want but the reason we have been in games longer and haven't had te belt on was we have had a soft draw

Look at the top teams we have played and how have we gone except for the pies?? Belted!!

And we haven't played most of them yet so wait til years end and that will prove which of is is correct

Roos is going for the same same; talls at both ends, don't have to be great - Richards, Grundy, Dunn, Garland and tall forwards - Dawes, Gawn/Jamar, Hogan etc; my beef is that we are not developing the talls in the same manner. OK, it may be part of the MC plan but Dahl winning marks at CHF as in q2 is not going to cut it in finals. We got a win with an undersized backline and Jones getting manhandled out of the way in a 2 on 1 when a high ball came in.

Suggest you read through the record , the Melbourne side are not that young , not today anyway.
I don't mind you not liking the coach that's fine , but the constant massaging of the facts along with not conceding the more than reasonable arguments that is often put make you the most boring poster on here.
Like I said dislike the coach as much as you like , but telling me Roos is travelling well compared to McCartney doesn't stack up.

You are a troll.

Mods, this reads like the return of Peter SasseGum, the Tiger troll of a few years ago...remember him?

If not, talk to the Richmond mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back