The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be huge if true, bigger then Del Piero!! as long as he is signed within the rules then I'm all for it, good way to give the club a new start signing Villa and Lampard even if they are only guest/loan stints.

Last edited:
Can you lock this thread and just rename the other thread? It's the same club just a slight name change, it has all the thread history with it too. Also masked magician isn't a thread worth OP.

Good to start fresh don't you think? just like the club has.

City has already generated more positively in terms of growth and marketing in two months then Heart had in four years!!!

Why would you merge the threads when one is the heart and one is city, disgraceful move

They are the same team.

City is the Heart renamed. Makes complete sense to merge.

think it was D. Davutavic who broke it saying Bresc wanted to reward the UAE club for sticking with him during his suspension.

It was the UAE's fault he got suspended in the first place apparently. Really thought Bresc would come home after Brazil 2014 albeit on less dough than what he earns in the middle east.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's thoughts on match day wear this year? Getting behind the new Nike kits (especially the home one)? Or going to wear red and white at the home games? Personally, I do like the new kits (as long as they don't wear the navy socks with white shorts and shirts like they did in the hitout at Ballarat - awful) and will probably buy both shirts, but will be wearing ISC/Reebok/Kappa era merchandise at every home game. I think it's important for those of us that have been around since the days of the Heart to not only indicate that, but also show that the red and white should be kept in some form for the long-term.

Fat Frank official yet?
Take it as read mate. The Melbourne Chelsea Supporters Club has contacted an official at Chelsea, who rather than say "I don't know what you're talking about", discussed the possibility or lack therof of Frank attending a supporters club function.

Take it as read mate. The Melbourne Chelsea Supporters Club has contacted an official at Chelsea, who rather than say "I don't know what you're talking about", discussed the possibility or lack therof of Frank attending a supporters club function.

Announcement tomorrow morning, I believe. They weren't specific, but putting two and two together, that will be when Lampard is announced (along with him being announced for NYC).

Nah I really don't see Lampard coming even as a guest stint.

It's a loan. Villa is the guest player.

Fox Sports, News Ltd and Sky have all run with City being his likely destination. And, if he's on his way to New York, I'm not sure why he wouldn't go via Melbourne, rather than having to wait for about eight months for his next competitive hitout.

So we can still get a international marquee ?

Big rumour gaining steam is that he is actually going to be THE marquee. And it actually makes a bit of sense, since he hasn't actually been officially confirmed as a NYC player yet (like Villa was, well before his Melbourne City announcement).

That would be incredible.

Big rumour gaining steam is that he is actually going to be THE marquee. And it actually makes a bit of sense, since he hasn't actually been officially confirmed as a NYC player yet (like Villa was, well before his Melbourne City announcement).

That would be incredible.

I'm hoping for this as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back