Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you keep falling for and buying into their agenda. Just as bad.

I have already said I didn't have an issue with the Same Lane behaviour a few pages back. But you guys need to realise whilst he does behave like that he will keep copping it, I really don't understand how it's so hard for you guys to comprehend.

I have already said I didn't have an issue with the Same Lane behaviour a few pages back. But you guys need to realise whilst he does behave like that he will keep copping it, I really don't understand how it's so hard for you guys to comprehend.
So what do you have an issue with? Because if it's not the Sam thing or the Ling thing, you're just not a fan of Mick. Which is fine. But we are allowed to be.

We were on the edge. Did this thread exist?

I don't know, but I do know we weren't happy with our performance and he had pressure on him, not as much as now, but it was still there.

Have a look at Mick's presser after the loss to the Lions, I thought it was superb. All he has to do is repeat that and the issue disappears.

If Mick just pushed aside his ego and behaved normally this would go away just as quick as it came up. Does anyone disagree with this?
What part of people have different opinions don't you get?

So what do you have an issue with? Because if it's not the Sam thing or the Ling thing, you're just not a fan of Mick. Which is fine. But we are allowed to be.

I had an issue with the Ling thing for sure. And I don't like the way he behaves in his pressers but that's not the be and end all. I'm just trying to point out he brings it all upon himself and it can go away very quickly if he wants it to.

Obviously I'm not happy with his performance, that is my main issue.

I absolutely LOVED Mick after our finals win last year, I thought he was awesome when he was at Collingwood. It's nothing personal believe me.

I didn't start this convo, I'm just joining in with my opinion.

I had an issue with the Ling thing for sure. And I don't like the way he behaves in his pressers but that's not the be and end all. I'm just trying to point out he brings it all upon himself and it can go away very quickly if he wants it to.

So you had a problem with the Ling thing. Understandable.

What my interest is that what he did to Richo last year was probably equal to the Ling thing, and to make it worse live on TV whereas the ling thing was only revealed afterwards. Yet, when the Richo thing happened no one on this board cared. People care now because the media are telling them too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't quite as bad, let's not forget it continued in the changerooms.

You're right if we were winning games he probably wouldn't cop it as bad but I still say he wouldn't be behaving as aggressively either.

Obviously I'm not happy with his performance, that is my main issue.

I absolutely LOVED Mick after our finals win last year, I thought he was awesome when he was at Collingwood. It's nothing personal believe me.

I didn't start this convo, I'm just joining in with my opinion.
All good.

But it's important to note mick is not acting any differently this year than when you loved mick last year or at Collingwood. It's just the media are making an issue out of it because we are losing. Bloody Robbo said it on radio the other day. He said when mick's winning you can have a go at him but now he's losing all those who hated him for years are coming out of the cupboard.

Might I also add Sydney kicked the next 11 goals after the Ling incident. Obviously we'll never know what he said to the players in that mood and whether it affected them or not but one can only wonder.

It wasn't quite as bad, let's not forget it continued in the changerooms.

You're right if we were winning games he probably wouldn't cop it as bad but I still say he wouldn't be behaving as aggressively either.

You can say that, because that's your opinion. And this forum is designed for everyone to have an opinion.

IMO mick isn't acting any more aggressive than he has in the past. It just seems like that because the media are focusing on it so it exacerbates it. When you look for something, it looks worse.

Might I also add Sydney kicked the next 11 goals after the Ling incident. Obviously we'll never know what he said to the players in that mood and whether it affected them or not but one can only wonder.
Now that's just drawing a long bow. And Simmo shot that down completely on radio yesterday.

Yep like I said, could have had nothing to do with it, but once again, it opens up the possibility, and people start wondering. I'd just prefer that he pushed this media crap to the side and focused on winning games of football. He pretty much has around 15-20 games to prove himself.

Yep like I said, could have had nothing to do with it, but once again, it opens up the possibility, and people start wondering. I'd just prefer that he pushed this media crap to the side and focused on winning games of football. He pretty much has around 15-20 games to prove himself.
says who?

If Mick just pushed aside his ego and behaved normally this would go away just as quick as it came up. Does anyone disagree with this?

He is behaving normally. Treats the media with disdain. Always has, always will.
Personally I don't care if he tells Ling to GAGF, thinks Sam Lane is a stupid bitch or doesn't send me a twitter message for my birthday.
I want him to make the team competitive enough to challenge for premierships.
The majority of media are a bunch of headline making ass clowns, a perfect example being the media pushing Lings credentials as a coach in waiting because he told Mick not to speak to him like that. FMD, really?
Reporters, or more precisely "media personalities" are becoming more like the umpires, believing they are part of the show. A huge factor in the deterioration of both professions in recent times.
Mick IS showing them the respect that most deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back