Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game I've watched in 3 weeks

Great talent
Great fight

Can't coach sorry guys Macca is simply not the man way too many deficiencies that will take far too long to correct

Move him to development coaching where he is clearly very good

And that comment will be the end of my statements in this thread this week web I'm tired of pointing out the obvious :)

And that comment will be the end of my statements in this thread this week web I'm tired of pointing out the obvious :)

The obvious? It wasn't his fault the players in the back half didn't man up, and spent to much time ball watching rather than watching their opponent or looking for someone to pick up on. Carlisle had a huge game, but even the best defenders would have had a hard time stopping him today. But a lot of their crucial goals were because of "I cant be stuffed" effort from some of our players.

Macca was the reason we got out to a four goal lead, he got the match ups right, all of their usual better players had a quiet game. Only Carlisle really hard a four quarter game today, and Heppel had a huge last quarter. Its funny how the coaches never get credit for the good things, but only the bad.

The players lost the game today, not the coaches

The obvious? It wasn't his fault the players in the back half didn't man up, and spent to much time ball watching rather than watching their opponent or looking for someone to pick up on. Carlisle had a huge game, but even the best defenders would have had a hard time stopping him today. But a lot of their crucial goals were because of "I cant be stuffed" effort from some of our players.

Macca was the reason we got out to a four goal lead, he got the match ups right, all of their usual better players had a quiet game. Only Carlisle really hard a four quarter game today, and Heppel had a huge last quarter. Its funny how the coaches never get credit for the good things, but only the bad.

The players lost the game today, not the coaches
Don't bother.

Yeah it's not the coach that pushes everyone back very time we are in front in the last qrt and changed the style of play that got us in front to start

He did exactly the same thing against the pies and we were lucky to get out of that one

Anyone that can't see THAT needs to consider netball I think ;)

Yeah it's not the coach that pushes everyone back very time we are in front in the last qrt and changed the style of play that got us in front to start

He did exactly the same thing against the pies and we were lucky to get out of that one

Ok start from this comment

I'm out

Before I get dragged out to the nearest oak tree and strung up. I wrote this as a, tongue-in-cheek, response to a post I read recently after a win that said pretty much the same thing only directed towards those who aren't fans of Macca as head coach. I just wanted to demonstrate the pointlessness of demanding 'mea culpa's' from those who have an alternative point of view after every win or loss. I'm not a great fan of Macca as head coach, but we played very well in the loss today and more importantly for me, we played an attractive style, I thought. My general take is that we have a talented side that may win, in spite of a coaching-instigated playing style that I believe to be holding the team back. For the record I thought last week against the Gold Coast was the best we have looked playing McCartney's 'style', so maybe things are turning. I would just prefer a more free flowing, busting, style....which, for better or worse, requires a different coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok start from this comment

I'm out
Good to see you so happy again! Always comes after a loss...

Anyone bemoaning the coaching in that game needs to seriously consider putting their time into another sport.

Say's who? Remember, this is all conjecture, all hypothesis, all subjectivity, nobody here has a monopoly on the truth....., what is important is the way it is phrased, the balance and forethought of the discourse, and the verbosity of the prose.

Say's who? Remember, this is all conjecture, all hypothesis, all subjectivity, nobody here has a monopoly on the truth....., what is important is the way it is phrased, the balance and forethought of the discourse, and the verbosity of the prose.
Says me. Clearly.

Just like you say what you say.

Seems pretty straight forward.

Says igloo coz he can :)

Says me. Clearly.

Just like you say what you say.

Seems pretty straight forward.

The difference was I didn't suggest that those who think differently from me should 'find another sport' to support.

The difference was I didn't suggest that those who think differently from me should 'find another sport' to support.
Forgive me for engaging in a little hyperbole. In the future i'll make sure to stick to your strict standards of posting.

Snore snore

Don't challenge the authority dcs they don't like it at all :)

Anyway great effort by the boys today, loved most of what I saw just need a ff CHF chb and ruckman to add to the kids and away we go coz right now we don't have one long term spine player IMO

Forgive me for engaging in a little hyperbole. In the future i'll make sure to stick to your strict standards of posting.

I'm not directing this at you or your comment, but too often on FB it is a fine line between 'hyperbole' and a thinly veiled insult.

Snore snore

Don't challenge the authority dcs they don't like it at all :)

Anyway great effort by the boys today, loved most of what I saw just need a ff CHF chb and ruckman to add to the kids and away we go coz right now we don't have one long term spine player IMO

Agree more with this post, not the sarcasm.

Not coaching but improvement in structure which will only cone through development, drafting and trading.

Roberts and/or Tallia may fill a KPP role, Campbell ruckman, need another 5 on the list developing to balance in the next 3 years to challenge properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back