shaun higgins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Over rated on here and im surprised because he had been a bit of a whipping boy in the AFL.

I always thought he needed a full crack at it with no injuries. This year he has had that and hasnt really been that special. Certainly a good year but nothing amazing. Hes probably a 300-350k footballer.

I can see him being Chris Knights take 2.
its a risk yes. knights injury was pretty freakish. not something you see a lot of. his issue was soft tissue, which he hasn't had for a long period now.

higgins injuries are more from contact. he's played this year to a reasonably high standard. good decision maker and good kick. classy. i would take him. improves our 22 instantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stating the obvious but by all accounts was very annoyed about being left out of the GC game and told the coach so in no uncertain terms. Surprise, surprise he's in the 2's again. Not a "team" kind of guy by accounts I Have heard. Not an anti-team man but Im not convinced he fits the ethos the dogs are building. He is apparently very open to the highest bidder and hopefully gets great coin. Thomas is the benchmark for crap players on massive coin providing great draft picks behind them. Good bye Higgins. Having stuck by you through your ridiculously injury ridden overrated career the dogs should give you a good ol slap on the arse as the door shuts behind you.

Stating the obvious but by all accounts was very annoyed about being left out of the GC game and told the coach so in no uncertain terms. Surprise, surprise he's in the 2's again. Not a "team" kind of guy by accounts I Have heard. Not an anti-team man but Im not convinced he fits the ethos the dogs are building. He is apparently very open to the highest bidder and hopefully gets great coin. Thomas is the benchmark for crap players on massive coin providing great draft picks behind them. Good bye Higgins. Having stuck by you through your ridiculously injury ridden overrated career the dogs should give you a good ol slap on the arse as the door shuts behind you.
Nature of the beast, I'm sure the Dogs could find a better use for 300k.

How would he be a terrible fit

He's not particularly fast, not particularly physical and not particularly fond of hard work. He is a good kick, but defensively lacks some work ethic and ability to restrict an opponent. If you were to use him off HBF, other clubs will look to exploit him by playing a fast, hard working dangerous forward on him and making him accountable.

He's not particularly fast, not particularly physical and not particularly fond of hard work. He is a good kick, but defensively lacks some work ethic and ability to restrict an opponent. If you were to use him off HBF, other clubs will look to exploit him by playing a fast, hard working dangerous forward on him and making him accountable.

I was thinking if him playing forward

i've had enough of him at the bulldogs, i think he needs a change of club and i really do hope he does well where ever he goes.

Higgins best position is certainly as a half forward, kicking goals and kicking to KPF's advantage is his major strength. Was albeit forced to play halfback particularly since we lost Harbrow, Johanisson was out of form and Murphy's input down on recent year and he was the only decent ball user we had in the side. Now that JJ has passed him and even darley looks promising at half back, I'm not to concerned if we lose him. Band 1 compensation is out of the question he simply ain't worth a top ten pick. Hopefully though he gets us at least Band 2 compensation leaving us an Early 20's pick. This would give us some options to look at to Fill our KPP depth at both ends. Could use both our 2nd rounders in direct trade for Sam Reid, or or 2nd rounder (pick 28 roughly) on Butcher and hope that Keitel, Mackenzie slides to that compensation pick or KPD prospect. Then we could use our first pick on another decent ball user with good speed, instead of breaking the bank on an overated tall such as Goddard. Even could bandage all 3 picks for Patton (very unlikely) though and GWS could use those early 2nd picks to trade in some more experienced players.

Prefer the Reid or Butcher trades though, covers more holes on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back