Mcpharlin

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep , great way to get some more work into the others before the bye as well. I am not surprised about today's result. They have been putting extra work into them when they can and I reckon they were already looking at the last block of fixtures and have loaded them up before the bye to be as good as we can for them.

Macpharlap is too important to risk in a dead quarter.
I was thinking more along the lines that he was too important to bring back underdone. I was quite surprised that Ross insisted he needed to get game time into him.

Was a bit sad to watch to be honest. Like seeing the family dog struggling to get of his bed in a way. Emotionally tough to deal with.

McPharlin is a champion. The guy will probably put in a few more outstanding performances and give the fans hope that he could carry on, but, father time has caught up with him and I cannot see him being part of the playing group in 2015.

Next few years is going to be tough with Pav, Sandi, Crowley, Johnno etc all coming to the end of their careers.

He carried a calf-niggle into the game AND had a bit of a virus (reportedly). If you watch every game this year you'll see him at top form when he was uninhibited. I believe he'll bounce back against Carlton.

Don't write him off yet.

Yep, not going to write him off yet, but like Johnson may need 3-odd games to get back to anywhere near their best.

This is also what worries me abour Son-Son, he will waltz into the team when ready because there is very few contenders to keep him out, but is it going to be too late for him to find any level of form and fitness?? Needs to be playing asap to have an impact.

On his last legs, dream time scenario - we are down 11 points with 3 min left in the GF, Rossy throws Luke forward who takes two speccys and kicks truly to give us a 1pt win.

My dream would be that Freo are up 100 points up by then ;)

He carried a calf-niggle into the game AND had a bit of a virus (reportedly). If you watch every game this year you'll see him at top form when he was uninhibited. I believe he'll bounce back against Carlton.

Don't write him off yet.

Lyon said he wasn't gonna play because of calf tightness. In hindsight he needed another week off.

On his last legs, dream time scenario - we are down 11 points with 3 min left in the GF, Rossy throws Luke forward who takes two speccys and kicks truly to give us a 1pt win.

I love this scenario as well. Everyone who's not a Fremantle supporter has completely forgotten how damaging Macca used to be up forward. With Pav being triple-teamed RTB sends McPharlin up forward to take two glorious speccy's (with both knee's resting on Dan Hannebury's thick head for some reason). RTB is labelled a genius; Lukey does 3 laps of honour before humbly announcing a solo world tour before singing an acoustic version of 'Heart of Gold' by Neil Young in front of 100,000 adoring fans.

Yep, not going to write him off yet, but like Johnson may need 3-odd games to get back to anywhere near their best.

This is also what worries me abour Son-Son, he will waltz into the team when ready because there is very few contenders to keep him out, but is it going to be too late for him to find any level of form and fitness?? Needs to be playing asap to have an impact.

Son-son is probably the most skilful player on the team... i reckon his touch will be alright. fitness may be an issue though :/

Enjoy him while he's here. To me, he seems the kinda fella who'd prefer to go out with some dignity than go out with a busted knee or being past it. I don't care what he does, but just appreciate how good of a defender he is. Nothing lasts forever and sometimes you remember old Freo players and kinda wish you watched them that bit more... oh Roger...

Lyon said he wasn't gonna play because of calf tightness. In hindsight he needed another week off.

Mayne in the Sydney game all over again.

It's a pet peeve of mine when players declare themselves or are declared fit enough to play but when push comes to shove they aren't. And it's nearly always the top line players that do it because the coaches are always so keen to play them etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard McPharlin on 96fm this morning and when asked if there was a pattern with losing to StKilda, he said he didn't understand the question. The DJ raised the loss last year to the saints as being a thumping too....and Luke said the DJ was wrong, last weekend was the first time they had lost to the saints since Ross had been at the club!

The DJ said well the thumping at the end of the season must have to been to someone else, perhaps Melbourne...Luke said he didn't recall any such thumping. They ended it there but I found it quite strange.

Heard McPharlin on 96fm this morning and when asked if there was a pattern with losing to StKilda, he said he didn't understand the question. The DJ raised the loss last year to the saints as being a thumping too....and Luke said the DJ was wrong, last weekend was the first time they had lost to the saints since Ross had been at the club!

The DJ said well the thumping at the end of the season must have to been to someone else, perhaps Melbourne...Luke said he didn't recall any such thumping. They ended it there but I found it quite strange.

The Baha'i don't observe the 23rd Round...

I also don't remember it. Or the time they beat us at Subi in Round 12 2010.

Luke didn't play last time ;)

Mayne in the Sydney game all over again.

It's a pet peeve of mine when players declare themselves or are declared fit enough to play but when push comes to shove they aren't. And it's nearly always the top line players that do it because the coaches are always so keen to play them etc.
Me too. I can't stand it when somebody is supposedly declared fit to play and they run out with the previously injured area strapped up, giving a clear indication that they're actually not 100% fully recovered.

Frawley is more a Dawson upgrade, rather than a like for like replacement for Luke.
I don't agree. Frawley can go forward with much more conviction than Dawson and he also plays on smaller opponents a lot better. Frawley's kicking is better than McPharlin and Dawson's.

I don't agree. Frawley can go forward with much more conviction than Dawson and he also plays on smaller opponents a lot better. Frawley's kicking is better than McPharlin and Dawson's.

Frawley's kicking would be only marginally better than McPharlin I reckon. His decision making and general footy nous would be below both Dawson and Elvis. The rest I probably agree with.

Me too. I can't stand it when somebody is supposedly declared fit to play and they run out with the previously injured area strapped up, giving a clear indication that they're actually not 100% fully recovered.

Me three. And poor old Mark Harvey copped a hammering from us supporters for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back