The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Skrtel's game is a lottery, you just don't know what he is going to dish up and that is a gamble especially at the back. He should be the general of the backline by now for his experience yet he always seem to make amateur mistakes. The odds of him having season like last year I think is also high.

If you are going to judge Sakho's handful of games for France then the handful Lovren played for Southampton at the beginning of the season is also something to judge by then.

If Skrtel's game is a lottery then Liverpool would've been billionaires last season, sure he do made some mistakes, but by and large he was fantastic

Southampton's early defensive solidarity had a lot to with both Wanyama and Schneiderlin sitting in front of the back four doing a lot of work, as soon as Wanyama got injured they started leaking

I'm prepared to back Lovren in here. Only just turned 25, so coming into his prime now. 82% passing rate last year, almost 8 clearances a game, 2.7 interceptions. I think he will do well at Liverpool.

BR has identified 2 new targets. ^^^^^^

GL8WDSX.png

So has Van Gaal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really once we got markovic was obvious Shaquiri wasn't coming.
Its not that simple.. do you really think with the champs league and given how thin our squad was back end of last season and who we had coming off the bench, that we really would go into this season with only one extra attacking option.. I consider lallana a midfield addition, remy and suarez cancel each other out, then markovic is the extra...

I don't think so.. I think a player in the mould of a shaqiri/griezmann etc is on the way.. I hope anyway.

This window is pretty headspinning stuff. James Pearce has said Remy has passed his medical and returned to his holiday while Origi is about to have his medical in Boston. Pretty busy keeping up with all of this.

Lallana's injury isn't what I wanted to hear after shelling 23m on him. It might mean we re-think any potential loan deals for Suso,Ibe,Teixiera.

Still think there will be at least 1 signing we haven't been linked with yet. BR said we are yet to dip into the fund of Suarez's sale (75mil). With Remy (8.5) Origi (10) Lovren (20) we should still have at least 35mil left. Even if we buy Moreno (which I hope we will) for 20 mil then it leaves 15mil plus sales to buy more players. If Borini ends up going for 14mil , Assaidi for 7, Reina for 3-5 and possibly Agger, then I would definitely be expecting at least one or two very, very good players coming in to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back