Toast Brodie Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

that was why he was overlooked?

so what does that say about the fact he's one of the top 3 kicks at the club?:eek:

That despite popular opinion, people can actually improve their kicking.

Though, i think it was more to do with an unorthodox action.

That despite popular opinion, people can actually improve their kicking.

Though, i think it was more to do with an unorthodox action.
I know that people can, but the crazy thing is that it seems many don't.

I remember there being a bit of
concern over his kicking when he was drafted. One or two of the more knowledgeable draft posters on here said something like "don't worry about his kick, it looks awkward but it always gets where it's meant to".

As awesome as his kicking is, the two things I love most about his game are 1) he just doesn't lose contests - like Rory in this respect and 2) his decision making, just always seems to do the right thing when he gets the ball.

Did anybody else relax when he had the two set shots at goal? It was the first time since Porps in his prime that I actually though yep this will go through the middle. We need to get him onto a wing where he can get closer to goal as he could net us 20-30 goals a year.

Did anybody else relax when he had the two set shots at goal? It was the first time since Porps in his prime that I actually though yep this will go through the middle. We need to get him onto a wing where he can get closer to goal as he could net us 20-30 goals a year.

The only player in the side I can trust kicking for goal.

BrodieSmith_Elevate_regular.jpg

As awesome as his kicking is, the two things I love most about his game are 1) he just doesn't lose contests - like Rory in this respect and 2) his decision making, just always seems to do the right thing when he gets the ball.

Not all the time. Sometimes he decides to handball, when he should be kicking it.

A couple of times he handballed to a team mate under pressure, when he had the option to kick

Use the leg! Its the best one we have!

You know when the most biased of Vic commentators are "oohing and ahhing" about him week after week you have an absolute diamond on your hands.

Such a gun and his confidence is absolutely soaring. There are things he's starting to do in games that have 'that' magical feel about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with SloaneysDanger .. Smith is fast becoming my favourite. Walker forgive me if it ever happens. Not so relevant but 33 happens to be my favourite number :D

I'm late to the party, internet problems, but wow - best game I've seen him play.

Had a couple of quiet games a month ago (esp the North game) and I was a bit critical of his tag-handling ability, but he has come back brilliantly.

No. Gridiron requires the big dolly kicks, so Tregrenza would have been perfect. The longer the hang time + distance = your team able to get there to stop the other team gaining any yardage.
Beat me to it

Jaensch probably the most likely candidate from our current line-up

Smith's kicking was viewed as "unusual" rather than bad. I don't recall hearing any recruiting people worried about his kick at the time.

I think the bigger concern with Smith (noting that he was still seen as a very good player) was on his ball-winning ability. There was a concern on whether he could win enough ball to justify being first round draft pick.

No. Gridiron requires the big dolly kicks, so Tregrenza would have been perfect. The longer the hang time + distance = your team able to get there to stop the other team gaining any yardage.
its still about power, the launch angle is the only difference.

Smith's kicking was viewed as "unusual" rather than bad. I don't recall hearing any recruiting people worried about his kick at the time.

I think the bigger concern with Smith (noting that he was still seen as a very good player) was on his ball-winning ability. There was a concern on whether he could win enough ball to justify being first round draft pick.

I thought posters on here said that he was a clearance/contested machine in his junior years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back