Roast It's time to talk about Doedee and Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

the most boring low effort type of post on this *ing thing... "HI MRS SMITH" ho ho ho
This made me smile and laugh out loud...
As a quite young man, I had my eyes opened by a conversation that started with "hi Mrs Smith"

Ahh, big footy. You gotta love it! Made my day...

Smith is slowing down but Doedee's form is the direct result of having the play 3rd tall by Nicks. He's not that, he's best playing loose which means bring in Worrell.

But Nicks won't play one of the most consistent players in the SANFL side and prefers to watch a good player slide
So Doedee is only an effective player when he has no opponent? Surely he needs to have more strings to his bow than that.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doedee has had a bad year. But so have half the team. I still see him as a future captain and would be hanging on to him. Not denying he needs to have a huge pre season though. Seems to have a lost a bit of urgency in his game
I just don't see Doedee as a future captain.

If he was our captain in waiting surely he would be acting all year not us rotating it between out of form senior players.

Also his care factor looks pretty low. Not a good look for a future captain.

3 pages and no points of interest.

Would love to hear the how and why of Smith's demise.

Seems like a bit of a scapegoat.
Smith was in good form before his concussion... but since returning his form has been up & down.

So Doedee is only an effective player when he has no opponent? Surely he needs to have more strings to his bow than that.

No, Doedee is a capable when fit to defend.

The problem is our selectors are morons & have been playing him injured for 2 months... such that people are now questioning his ability.

If he was our captain in waiting surely he would be acting all year not us rotating it between out of form senior players.

The decision to rotate the captaincy was purely about protecting Sloane, nothing to do with whether Doedee is/was ready.

Dawson or Laird are captain material. Listening to Laird on the radio he said he's not interested so Dawson should be our next captain. I think Berry will make a great captain down the track as well.

Get Brodie Smith out of here

Edit: I may have gone a little too early

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turned it over by foot a few times but really liked his work in the D50 to win ground balls - was immense here. 1k metres gained its nuts.

I thought Smith was cooked but played a very good game tonight, I'm now ok with him seeing out his current contract to end 2024 when he'll be 32.

Doedee didn't fumble and keep falling over tonight! ............. he can stay on the injury list for rest of season and let Worrell take over his position!

I thought Smith was cooked but played a very good game tonight, I'm now ok with him seeing out his current contract to end 2024 when he'll be 32.

Doedee didn't fumble and keep falling over tonight! ............. he can stay on the injury list for rest of season and let Worrell take over his position!
You could see that Smith really set himself to show that he wasn't done just yet. Worrell was great and it was an indictment on Nick's that he didn't play earlier. Doedee had been putrid for months.

Aged well.
Wow… after having your arse handed to you as one of the fog detractors over on the Darcy Fogarty thread.. i’m surprised by this take from you..

Fog has played half a dozen bloody good games in a row now and your still writing him off..

keays has played one and you’re jumping up like a jack in the box quoting other posters past comments with some pathetic attempt at a gotcha post.

He had a great game last night but.. Might be wiser to hold fire and see if Keays can repeat it consistently before being a dick about it..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back