Toast Jordan Murdoch

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks stronger through the hips too than last year. Was able to break through the odd tackle on Sat night with a bit of a shimmy which was good to see. With Murdoch, Varcoe, Motlop and Christensen we now have a fair bit of leg speed in our team.

This also becomes infectious through the team too - players like Guthrie and Duncan catch on and all of a sudden our spread becomes very hard to defend. Even Taylor and Lonergan ran forward to kick goals.

Any way back to Murdoch,if he can become a one touch player watch out.

Totally agree you pick one
If he can also add a sidestep to that blistering speed then watch the f** out !!
He is gaining in confidence and whilst he has been a slow burner to date I reckon 2015 will be his breakout year.
Whilst he is a great height at 190 ish his core and body strength has been average - it's much better this season and another preseason will continue to make a difference.
That additional strength will also help his kicking , especially kicking for goal.
The young crop is coming along nicely and with Thurlow , Lang, Kolo and JJ coming thru the ranks the future looks rosy :thumbsu:

What are we going to get from Jordan this week? Bit of dash and flare? I'm predicting a big game from him tonight, I think he likes the Etihad surface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early in the season I thought Murdoch was getting a bit of a free ride, but quickly began to realise his value with his pace. The only thing that worries me about his game is his hands (his core strength will come with more preseasons). He's at times fumbly and certainly not the one touch player the elite guys are. If he can clean that up he gets 3-4 more opportunities per game to have an influence on the contest, and he'll turn out to be a very good footballer who is essential to our structure imo. I see him staying in the half forward role, leading up and putting the burners on back into the fifty.

Take your point Mouseh, but the one touch will come with game time and experience. He's got blistering pace and a beautiful kick…will be really on show next year I reckon.

plus a few others hopefully!

Chris Scott said last night that he thought quite a few of our young players could become 'elite'. Not yet obviously but they have high hopes as they improve and gain experience.

For me, while the inexperience of many in our side helps to make games more nerve-wracking and unpredictable, it's becoming more and more enjoyable to watch the strides of improvement in the youngsters. I think that's going to increase quickly as the improvement from 30-60 games can feel so steep compared to the glimpses of 0-30 obviously.

I think Murdoch is amongst a group of our current core players who will definitely improve markedly over the off season.

Duncan, Caddy, Murdoch, Kersten, Blicavs, GHS.

The question for next season is will this be enought to cover any slide from

Enright, Lonergan, Rivers, Kelly, Johnno, Bartel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back