Rookie 31. Oscar Murdoch (2022 -)

Remove this Banner Ad

316826710_6162815407081550_7501199378766011528_n.jpg

For a kid his body looks like it will not need too much work in the gym.
A young 17 year old Dangerfield was 185cm and 91 kgs when drafted to the Crows.

Love this pick - his film reminds me a little of Max Holmes, maybe a bit more solid, and slightly less dash but really impressive and played well on the number 3 pick in the draft, so as a Rookie, thats great value. Like that he is a left footer as well, coming out of the backline.
This description sounds exactly like jordan murdoch. And not in a bad way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this pick - his film reminds me a little of Max Holmes, maybe a bit more solid, and slightly less dash but really impressive and played well on the number 3 pick in the draft, so as a Rookie, thats great value. Like that he is a left footer as well, coming out of the backline.
He looks the perfect med/tall type strong mark with pace using the ball well, if he dusted the no3 pick, in the Geelong system he could be anything.

Comes in to play a similar role to Stevens, hopefully he can have more of an impact than he did.

Might have a bit more grit to his game than Nick Stevens.
Looks like he positions himself well and doesn't take his eyes off it aerially. Might be a (much-needed) Bews understudy. Different types, yes, but Murdoch might benefit from Bews' experience.

He looks like he can make it... with his frame, he might even get a game in the ones if they rest a few old blokes mid year.

Hope a lot of posters on this site are a lot kinder to Oscar than they were to Jordan.

Jordan was a good player.
If oscar for a rookie pick gets to that level we will have done well (statistically speaking).

Comes in to play a similar role to Stevens, hopefully he can have more of an impact than he did.

I agree pretty similar role to stevens..lets hope he doesnt go the same way as i thought stevens was an unlucky delist

What actually happened to him? Showed a heap of promise early on and just disappeared.
Seemed to be tracking well last year but fell off this year but still a bit unlucky to be delisted. I think he probably didn’t defend well enough as a defender and not damaging enough to play an attacking role there or through the midfield.
But he was probably not helped by having a weak defence around him with little support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back