Senior 13. Jhye Clark (2022 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

GC won’t be a walk in the park and as bad as Hawks may be last year should remind us not to take them lightly. If Clark is in the mix I could see Carlton off a six day break as an option though..
So you’d prefer Clark plays against one of the strongest midfields in the comp compared to a young and average list like hawthorns?

It’s not about the team, my point was about the age profile of teams we have debutants agaisnt
A team like Carlton’s doesn’t suit that

That average midfield beat us last year, Carlton’s didn’t. If we can’t match Carlton’s midfield without Walsh while blooding Clark I’d be surprised.
The same midfield that included Mitchell, Shields and Omera
Those same guys who got traded.

This years Hawthorn team is going to be there low point for the next 10 years

Maybe sit back and look at the current midfields of those 2 then quote me
Not off last years pointless argument

If Clark is good enough he'll debut regardless of the opposition..

Depending on how he goes preseason , and if he is ready to run out an AFL game.... Id think mentally he would be a Selwood type mindset .Put him in V Pies at the G infront of 90,000 and he will lap it up.

It would be a little bit of a conflict as he was a pies supporter but maybe thats the best way to shake that barracker feeling.

Depending on how he goes preseason , and if he is ready to run out an AFL game.... Id think mentally he would be a Selwood type mindset .Put him in V Pies at the G infront of 90,000 and he will lap it up.

It would be a little bit of a conflict as he was a pies supporter but maybe thats the best way to shake that barracker feeling.
I'm not sure being a Pies supporter has any relevance. A great portion of draftees followed another club than the one they were drafted to.

What I hope with Clark, is he has heaps of Haters initially. Because he's the type that will take it on the chin and work really hard to prove them all wrong. He's definitely not going to run to a Therapist.

Jyhe Clark and Tom Atkins are the David Goggins types at our club.

Liked what i saw from Clack on VFL Rd 1.

Good flashes of talent, skill and footy nous. Happy to be pinballed around too by bigger players. Mindset is good.

May not have been the flashiest pick at 8.. but could well have been the safest

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked what i saw from Clack on VFL Rd 1.

Good flashes of talent, skill and footy nous. Happy to be pinballed around too by bigger players. Mindset is good.

May not have been the flashiest pick at 8.. but could well have been the safest

GO Catters
Good to read this as there was some not so favourable reviews of his efforts to date elsewhere this board

What about Jhy?

Geelong’s first pick in the 2022 NAB AFL Draft (pick 8) Jhye Clark arrived at GMHBA Stadium from the Geelong Falcons - I'm hoping the Club's website is correct

The last Clarke on a Geelong list was Georgia who was on our AFLW list for 4 years but was recently delisted & wasn't offered a spot on the VFLW list

As for the mens team, we haven't had a Clarke on our AFL list since 2003, when David was traded to Carlton at the end of the season - not sure on our VFL team though over the past 20 years

At least you weren’t correcting me this time!

Since our clash with GC, I've seen about half a dozen different spellings of various surnames on our list and that's not for guys like JK, SDK or ER

Wonder if we should implement a new rule with a 1-point infraction per incorrect spelling and see if we can improve on learning the correct spelling of our players names 😉

Since our clash with GC, I've seen about half a dozen different spellings of various surnames on our list and that's not for guys like JK, SDK or ER

Wonder if we should implement a new rule with a 1-point infraction per incorrect spelling and see if we can improve on learning the correct spelling of our players names 😉
If you try to fix grammar at same time you might as well just shut down the Forum. 😀

I think LDU was once considered a bust (73 possessions in 7 AFl games in his first year). There is still time. I am obviously glad we won the flag last year, but perhaps we would be better off if Swans had played extremely well and we only won by 2 goals or so.

13 touches followed by 9 touches. Not finding enough of the ball
He does look small for his size too... He will thicken up though probably a lot after his 2nd preseason... With his style of play, he definitely needs more size when playing against VFL/AFL mature bodies.

I think LDU was once considered a bust (73 possessions in 7 AFl games in his first year). There is still time. I am obviously glad we won the flag last year, but perhaps we would be better off if Swans had played extremely well and we only won by 2 goals or so.
I'm in the camp that Clark is a bust, but I think it's too early to tell and we will know by end of next year at probably 90% confidence level.... Even still, some players take 3-4 years to breakout.

I'm in the camp that Clark is a bust, but I think it's too early to tell and we will know by end of next year at probably 90% confidence level.... Even still, some players take 3-4 years to breakout.
Would Jonathan O 'Rourke be a good comparison?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back