Senior 19. Phoenix Foster (2022 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

The way he sort of mechanically/stiffly runs he reminds me of the way Corey McKernan played. Great set of hands. Exact same height as well as Corey. Hopefully he goes on to have a similar career.

Certainly doesn't look like a natural footballer but he has the tools. I wonder what his speed is like. Look fwd to seeing him play

The way he sort of mechanically/stiffly runs he reminds me of the way Corey McKernan played. Great set of hands. Exact same height as well as Corey. Hopefully he goes on to have a similar career.

Certainly doesn't look like a natural footballer but he has the tools. I wonder what his speed is like. Look fwd to seeing him play

Seems to mark it at his highest point.

I like the interview; to throw another name in the ring he gives me Josh Jenkins vibes. I think he could learn a lot from him both on and off.

Last edited:
A bit of insurance if Neale requests home?

That and/or if sav goes in a trade next year (both might happen). Stanley ceglar hawkins all have only 1-2yrs left so we need talls.

Yeah I can see that. I thought Darren Jolly initially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is three clips on him below... Seems to get out on a lead okay, but not enough footage to really see what his pace is like.

Sort of like Ben Brown too, but doesn't have a turning arc like a b-double like Brown does, still probably not the most agile type. Straight lines, lead up type forward, and can ruck.

excellent observation....

I have to say in all honesty his highlights package is not one that set my heat a pumping but McKernan should have won a Brownlow so who knows. McKernan was 197cm ..so it seems a very astute comparison.

But early days ..and limited data

Before of any player is taken too serious we need to see him in the hoops. What is his combine numbers like. I struggle to think we piock someone with good a good 2 k time.

Perhap his leaping and marking can seperate him from the muck . In the end its all about can his talents can adapt inside an afl system . If he can be a McKernan... or even a Jack Henry who was very much about leap ... then we might have a player.

Another tall from interstate. .. for what ever that means ..he could be like Enright or Mackie. I certainly hope he is like a Close, a late pick SA gem

welcome to the Geelong ..Phoenix

excellent observation....

I have to say in all honesty his highlights package is not one that set my heat a pumping but McKernan should have won a Brownlow so who knows. McKernan was 197cm ..so it seems a very astute comparison.

But early days ..and limited data

Before of any player is taken too serious we need to see him in the hoops. What is his combine numbers like. I struggle to think we piock someone with good a good 2 k time.

Perhap his leaping and marking can seperate him from the muck . In the end its all about can his talents can adapt inside an afl system . If he can be a McKernan... or even a Jack Henry who was very much about leap ... then we might have a player.

Another tall from interstate. .. for what ever that means ..he could be like Enright or Mackie. I certainly hope he is like a Close, a late pick SA gem

welcome to the Geelong ..Phoenix
He didn’t test at the combine. Knee tendinitis. He was invited though to the main combine.

He looks athletic but not agile if that makes sense. Not many quick cuts. All train track sort of stuff. Like a Levi Casboult. All this from a 1 minute highlight package though. 😂

Foster seems to me to have potential for either end of the ground and is a good height, so he is just what we want from pick 58.

With all due credit and respect to the Phoenix part of Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix ( that took way too long to deliver to be funny) I hope he gets to show his wares down back in the VFL.

Neale is my next forward getting games at AFL level unless someone dethrones him.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back