Strategy Welcome James Frawley to the HFC

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been on the Frawley Bandwagon since the beginning and i'm still on it.

Frawley has 5 years of top flight football left in him, comes without having to depart with a pick, costing only cap space, which we have plenty of, and will continue to have plenty of. We already have cap space now, let alone in three years when Sewell, Burgoyne, Hodge, Hale, Lake are likely all gone. We have easily enough coin to put Frawley on 600k per year without it affecting list management at all.

Also anyone who thinks he is not that good has no idea. The guy has held his own against the best forwards for years in a team that leaks inside 50's and has defenders that don't support each other. Who cares if his disposal is not great. Lake used to rebound a lot at the dogs and attempt to take the game on. With us, he handballs or short kicks to Birch, Burgers, Suckers types to run the ball out. Frawley will be the same- sideways kicks and handballs only.

His Job will be to defend the Hawkins, Cloke types only, a job that he has been proven to be able to do (AA fullback), without support. The guy is a natural defender, is VERY strong one on one and with our other blokes chopping out, he will play his best football with us guaranteed.

A better free agent fit for our club than Frawley will not come around often. I hope we pounce.

That's an interesting point you raise. Cloke could kick 10 goals against us & I'll still be confident of a 5-goal win. Hawkins is in a team that's holding at best & likely on the way down. We need defenders that can defend against Tippett/Buddy or the future of forwards - not guys that terrorised us in 2012.

I agree, Frawley can do the job on Tippett - but so can others - he's no Roughy! Buddy is the best guy to do a job on Buddy (or ASADA might be, if you believe the rumours). We need to be looking at a guy to control the upcoming opponents, not just the forwards that had success against Schoey 2 years ago. BOYD/PATTON/CAMERON in 3 years maybe (prob won't still be together). Nobody & Whatshisname from Cold Ghost in 3 years, perhaps. The Richmond-Reject & Westpoint from Poo-t (maybe). Are there any other Clubs on the way up at the moment?

I like Frawley as he's quite mobile for a gorilla, not because he can wrestle with Cloke or Hawkins. Can he mark & rebound?

For 20 years Hawthorn supporters have whinged and whinged and whinged about not having a key defender, now when one is available by just offering the right terms the same supporters try and find every single thing wrong with him.

The same supporters will also tell you Schoe can play FB and that our talent scouts haven’t dropped the ball on this area for the past 20 years.

Just because a player didn’t start their career at Hawthorn doesn’t mean they are a shit person, a shit player, a snob, a druggie, a w***er, and all the other shit that children use to defend such a hypocritical point of view.

Oh that’s right Brand maybe ready in 2 years time or the Kiwi or maybe Schoe will come good....................and I may win the lotto tonight as well; it is possible if I buy a ticket, right?

Fortunately our club has a good track record of making tough pragmatic decisions in trading/list management. They know what sort of player they need to improve the team and are not diverted by lesser priorities.
I have no doubt this year they will have prioritised their needs and will be pursuing them vigorously. Whether that turns out to be via free agency or trade will be revealed later but it will be a rational considered decision.

For 20 years Hawthorn supporters have whinged and whinged and whinged about not having a key defender, now when one is available by just offering the right terms the same supporters try and find every single thing wrong with him.

The same supporters will also tell you Schoe can play FB and that our talent scouts haven’t dropped the ball on this area for the past 20 years.

Just because a player didn’t start their career at Hawthorn doesn’t mean they are a shit person, a shit player, a snob, a druggie, a ******, and all the other shit that children use to defend such a hypocritical point of view.

Oh that’s right Brand maybe ready in 2 years time or the Kiwi or maybe Schoe will come good....................and I may win the lotto tonight as well; it is possible if I buy a ticket, right?

Fair point. We could have had Talia !!!

I was at a lunch today with a Melbourne insider.

Frawley has been given an offer by Geelong only.

Hawthorn not interested because of footskills.

I wouldn't be telling my current club an offer I'd be made...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You going tomorrow? I got a sponsor function, then up in Kennedy.
Kennedy club room, Grizz?
Still yet to run into any folks from BF but I'm seated in N4 during home games and pop into there for a bevvie/(hot choc if with GrandFather :D) before the game starts usually. Beautiful area.

I'd wait 'til Satdy night mate, 21 big ones.

I'm going. I will be in the Madigan box !
Kennedy club room, Grizz?
Still yet to run into any folks from BF but I'm seated in N4 during home games and pop into there for a bevvie/(hot choc if with GrandFather :D) before the game starts usually. Beautiful area.

Taita gave me a Grizzly baseball cap a little time back. I'll wear that!

Won't be in until about 5, on account of this work thing though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back