NRL West Coast Pirates

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a pity the NRL hates expansion including the current team in VIC

You mention the Storm.

Having a team in WA is just plane smart,

Then Perth.
So what's the thinking here?
Perth is going to be more successfull or valuable than the Storm or
are the NRL prepared for a long haul situation?

If Kiwis watch the Storm play, they'll go and watch a WA based side.
Yeah, I figure that they would probably appreciate a dozen rounds of NRL action to supplement a paltry eight Force home games. Yes, of course, different codes, but I'd figure most Union supporters still prefer league to other codes, right?

Yeah, I figure that they would probably appreciate a dozen rounds of NRL action to supplement a paltry eight Force home games. Yes, of course, different codes, but I'd figure most Union supporters still prefer league to other codes, right?

Yea, I think that would be about right.

Really don't know mate, but Perth is making all the right noises to get in.

I see WA's U15 side won the schoolboys championships.

A pic of the side.

10006199_256834561188410_30008083951538785_n.jpg

You'd think that after 13k for Doggies-Storm and 20k for Bunnies-Kiwis, the upgraded stadium, the government support, etc etc etc

Surely, they'd have to go for it. The review was supposed to be conducted at the end of this season, wasn't it?

Would the plan be to add 2 new teams, lose a current team, demerge an alignment or have an uneven number of teams competing? I ask as I'm only recently starting to follow the competition a little and I'm curious as to the "Central Coast" Bears bid chances...

If Perth get a team before Central Coast or Central Queensland I'll give up the game altogether.

If Perth get a team before Central Coast or Central Queensland I'll give up the game altogether.

I think this time around the NRL needs to expand not consolidate its existing markets especially when the AFL are trying to make huge in roads into NRL heartlands.

The potential the NRL can make from games in Perth are huge especially with TV rights, Sponsorship and crowds. Def would see NAB Stadium filled to the brim each 2nd week.

I think this time around the NRL needs to expand not consolidate its existing markets especially when the AFL are trying to make huge in roads into NRL heartlands.

The potential the NRL can make from games in Perth are huge especially with TV rights, Sponsorship and crowds. Def would see NAB Stadium filled to the brim each 2nd week.
Funnily enough, the history of the NRL clubs and how they represent their areas/fans is what has piqued my interest in the game ATM. The AFL standing over clubs, making club appointments and influencing club business has turned me off all activity that doesn't include my club.

Funnily enough, the history of the NRL clubs and how they represent their areas/fans is what has piqued my interest in the game ATM. The AFL standing over clubs, making club appointments and influencing club business has turned me off all activity that doesn't include my club.

fair point you raise. i do know though there is a huge nrl support base here where i knows heaps of people buy tickets to watch the games when theyre brought here. think a lot still feel done by the super league war though especially the way how murdoch sacked the entire team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially if they get in before the new stadium is done. Giving people who can't get to AFL games an option to follow the Pirates and being able to go to a game each week.

Do you realistically think NSW could support another side in addition to what they already have, given that a few clubs are struggling much more than Melbourne in the AFL?

Central Coast can only feasibly occur with a relocation.

I fail to see why any code should stick a pro team in central QLD, there just isn't the centralised population to support one.

IMO Perth has to be next. If anything they will provide options to families and kids.

If they add an 18th, imo the Brisbane bears!@!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back