List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't compared Johnson and Jenkins either.

I would like to see us get Gorringe then let him and Jenkins fight it out. Ideally I would like to see Jenkins develop into a good leading forward to compliment his other attributes. But no harm in seeking a back up plan.

Yeah, he's probably a good option, but GC haven't wanted to let him go, and he is contracted so might cost a bit.

We also have other needs that are probably considered more pressing in defense, but worth a shot.

How many of those came from a strong mark like KPF are suppose to do. I could stand in the goal square and receive hand balls from Eddie Betts.

Im sorry i didnt realise goals after contested marks were worth 9.
Who cares how you get them.

He'll be a good foil for Tex who is a beast in one on ones. Gives us a different look.

He'll be a good foil for Tex who is a beast in one on ones. Gives us a different look.

Jenkins is a tough match up.

We would all love to see him take more contested marks, that his biggest deficiency.

However, he gets those crumbing goals, and receives because of his pace and agility for a big man. That is a major strength.

Not many players have both the height and the pace o Jenkins.

You have to look at the total package, not one component like DJ said

Definitely a different look, playing a 199cm bloke who stands in the goal square while a 170cm bloke goes and gets the ball for him.

I've been a big fan of Jenkins and think he could be a great player. But he needs to keep improving and I haven't seen a lot of it this year. You could blame the leg but still I would like to see him making an attempt to lead at the ball with presence. To clear it up, I'm definitely not saying we delist or trade him.

This year, our list needs are:

- outside mid (Mackay? nope, try again)
- agile KPD who can work as a quarterback (Thompson, Hartigan, development time)
- 2nd ruck / forward (Sauce back up after dumping Graham)
- KPF to develop (next generation)

in that order.

*cue drafting of inside mids*

- agile KPD who can work as a quarterback
- outside mid
- 2nd ruck / forward
- KPF to develop

in that order.

Personally this draft i'd go

- Outside mid/HBF, we need silk and a gun leg
-KPD quarterback... however, maybe trading could work
- Outside mid/ KPF
- Outside mid/ KPF

Rookie (1 selection)
2nd ruck/ Forward.

We definitely should get two outside mids this draft.

Will be interesting to see what we do regards McKernan and Graham.
If they both go I'd like to see one replaced through the draft. The other via a veteran. Cant have the both replaced by 18 year oldsIMO

Will be interesting to see what we do regards McKernan and Graham.
If they both go I'd like to see one replaced through the draft. The other via a veteran. Cant have the both replaced by 18 year oldsIMO
This. Collingwood replaced all it's experienced ruckman with juniors (and a guy who's never played AFL starting next year) and now their midfield is struggling.

Definitely a different look, playing a 199cm bloke who stands in the goal square while a 170cm bloke goes and gets the ball for him.

I've been a big fan of Jenkins and think he could be a great player. But he needs to keep improving and I haven't seen a lot of it this year. You could blame the leg but still I would like to see him making an attempt to lead at the ball with presence. To clear it up, I'm definitely not saying we delist or trade him.

Yep. Jenkins is bloody quick off the mark for his size, and if he can learn when and where to lead, he'll be a real handful for anybody who is strong enough to match up on him.

- Outside mid/ KPF
- Outside mid/ KPF

Rookie (1 selection)
2nd ruck/ Forward.

Ha, you quoted me before I realised I was wrong and put inside mid first...

This could be our forward line next year

lynch Jhonston Cameron
Jenkins Walker Betts

Danger can swap with lynch sometimes and play 30% forward a game hopefully it will stop him from getting beat up all the time.

With pods slowing down Jhonston is the perfect replacement, he can move up the ground well, take a good mark, kick accurately and play as a extra tall defender if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be our forward line next year

lynch Jhonston Cameron
Jenkins Walker Betts

Danger can swap with lynch sometimes and play 30% forward a game hopefully it will stop him from getting beat up all the time.

With pods slowing down Jhonston is the perfect replacement, he can move up the ground well, take a good mark, kick accurately and play as a extra tall defender if needed.

Johnston will most likely be delisted at years end and unfortunately, that's the end of it. When he needed to fight for his career this season, much like McKernan, he didn't fire a shot. Delist and be done with.

Likelihood next season our best forwardline will look like this

Kerridge/Grigg - Walker - Lynch
Cameron - Jenkins - Betts.

Gives us an extra midfielder, 3 talls and two silky crumbers... that should be right now, our most potent forward line.

Johnston will most likely be delisted at years end and unfortunately, that's the end of it. When he needed to fight for his career this season, much like McKernan, he didn't fire a shot. Delist and be done with.

Gives us an extra midfielder, 3 talls and two silky crumbers... that should be right now, our most potent forward line.

Looks good!
Especially with Tex, Jenkins and Lynch having a full preseason. Also Cameron with a season under his belt. If we can get our defense and midfield run right we will look really good.

If jhonson is named in this weeks line up the club clearly want him To stay if not then he is probably done for I doubt they will dlest him though they are more likely to trade him

- outside mid (Mackay? nope, try again)
- agile KPD who can work as a quarterback (Thompson, Hartigan, development time)
- 2nd ruck / forward (Sauce back up after dumping Graham)
- KPF to develop (next generation)

in that order.

If we draft another one paced inside mid I will burn* that white elephant of a clubrooms to the ground.

*not actually a firebug, won't do it

If jhonson is named in this weeks line up the club clearly want him To stay if not then he is probably done for I doubt they will dlest him though they are more likely to trade him
That implies that there is a club out there who is stupid enough to give us anything in return. LJ has been around for 6 years now and this will be the second time that a club has let him go - Adelaide traded for him last time, but Sydney were quite happy for them to take him. Every club has scouts watching the SANFL games and they'd know all about his work ethic problems. In short, he's going to be delisted and there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that another club will offer us a trade.

That implies that there is a club out there who is stupid enough to give us anything in return. LJ has been around for 6 years now and this will be the second time that a club has let him go - Adelaide traded for him last time, but Sydney were quite happy for them to take him. Every club has scouts watching the SANFL games and they'd know all about his work ethic problems. In short, he's going to be delisted and there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that another club will offer us a trade.

Do you not remember the interest clubs and in Jhonston last year idiot

- Outside mid/ KPF
- Outside mid/ KPF

Rookie (1 selection)
2nd ruck/ Forward.

Depending on the OUTs, we may need to draft more than just 1x rookie listed ruckman. Smack, Gus & Osborn should all be given their marching orders (if the club has the balls to do so). That leaves us with just 2 ruckmen on our entire list - senior & rookie. We will need to draft and/or trade for at least 2 more, preferably 3.

My preference would be to trade for a mature ruckman who is competent at AFL level, but willing to play the rest of his career in the SANFL. This probably means someone who is getting close to the end of his career, because younger players are likely to be more ambitious and Jacobs' dominance means that we won't be able to satisfy them. I would draft a "ready to go" ruckman from one of the state leagues, not necessarily the SANFL, but that's an obvious place to start looking. Lastly, I'd draft an 18yo project ruckman, possibly via the Rookie Draft.

I just hope the club has the intestinal fortitude to delist all 3 ruckmen, plus LJ. Enough is enough. I accept that doing so would leave us short of depth in the tall department, but sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done.

Do you not remember the interest clubs and in Jhonston last year idiot
There was no interest in LJ last year. He got the message while he was injured that he was on the verge of being delisted, so he pulled his finger out in the last couple of months of the season. He did just enough to get himself a 12-month lifeline. He has failed to avail himself of that lifeline and now a career flipping burgers at the roadhouses outside Port Pirie beckons on the horizon.

Even if there was interest 12 months ago, LJ has gone backwards this year and what minimal interest there may have been will have long since evaporated as a result.

And leave out the personal abuse. It's not required.

There was no interest in LJ last year. He got the message while he was injured that he was on the verge of being delisted, so he pulled his finger out in the last couple of months of the season. He did just enough to get himself a 12-month lifeline. He has failed to avail himself of that lifeline and now a career flipping burgers at the roadhouses outside Port Pirie beckons on the horizon.

And leave out the personal abuse. It's not required.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-24/sanderson-postmatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back