Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reilly O'Brien

• Tom Doedee

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With Murphy finishing 6th and Smith finishing 7th unfortunately I have bad news.

We only have 5 good players on the list

Smith was always finishing in the top 6-8 players. Had a good year. Murray probably the only player unlucky to miss top 10 - and Murphy should have been lower. But fairly much as expected I would have thought

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Smith was always finishing in the top 6-8 players. Had a good year. Murray probably the only player unlucky to miss top 10 - and Murphy should have been lower. But fairly much as expected I would have thought

Tex not polling higher?

As for what the votes say about selection concerns, how about the continuing to play Sloane in key roles when his form waned so badly? Let alone re-signing him.

It must be enormous disappointment for the Bigfooty “Experts” that three whipping boys (Smith, Keays and Murphy) finished in the top ten 😆.

Clearly the coaches are clueless since the Bigfooty “Experts” (particularly those that only (occasionally) watch the team on the tellie) are the font of all wisdom. Wasn’t one fxxxen poster keen to trade Lairdy?

Dawson deserved to win and the top three were as expected imho.

Yes it's great when a club that didn't make finals this year or for the past 6 years makes such awesome judgement calls. Bravo! Go team!

We have a team full of experts making great calls and leading to success

Yes it's great when a club that didn't make finals this year or for the past 6 years makes such awesome judgement calls. Bravo! Go team!

It's easy to potshot from the "cheap seats" .....no pressure, no judgement ....no repercussions

Given you have no faith in Nicks, Van Berlo, Rahilly, and Burns ......please oh wise one, who is the coaching panel you believe would see a meeting of the minds with you

This was such a poor post ....the type a teenager would post

It's easy to potshot from the "cheap seats" .....no pressure, no judgement ....no repercussions

Given you have no faith in Nicks, Van Berlo, Rahilly, and Burns ......please oh wise one, who is the coaching panel you believe would see a meeting of the minds with you

Lol

Using the coaches ratings to take pot shots at posters being "wrong" is simplistic idiotic garbage, especially when the coaches haven't proven anything yet and are still sitting outside finals with nothing to show for it.

And it happens every year. Some people come here and use the opinion of an unproven coach with no history of success to justify that everything at the club is great and going well.

Yeah it's awesome we have all these players rated so highly. It's why we finished checks notes 10th. Back slaps for everyone.

How about we get a coaching panel that doesn't make blatant errors which have been described on this forum to no end? Errors that people on this very forum pointed out ahead of time, errors the coaches - which apparently have better judgement than us in the "cheap seats" - then admitted were errors.

Fascinating! What are the rules when Moderators go toe to toe? ;) Is there a hierarchy?

Lol

Using the coaches ratings to take pot shots at posters being "wrong" is simplistic idiotic garbage, especially when the coaches haven't proven anything yet and are still sitting outside finals with nothing to show for it.

And it happens every year. Some people come here and use the opinion of an unproven coach with no history of success to justify that everything at the club is great and going well.

Yeah it's awesome we have all these players rated so highly. It's why we finished checks notes 10th. Back slaps for everyone.

How about we get a coaching panel that doesn't make blatant errors which have been described on this forum to no end? Errors that people on this very forum pointed out ahead of time, errors the coaches - which apparently have better judgement than us in the "cheap seats" - then admitted were errors.
You mean like people on here saying newchurch who wasnt up to it at all but hey they know better

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol

Again Scorpus .....identifying problems, offering no solutions ....yeah get a new coaching group, but no names put up

I asked who are the Coaching panel that would meet your expectation on player assessments ......surely you have a solution ....or can you only bitch & moan like a teenager

There's so many holes in your rant, it's really not worth a rational discussion

You mean like people on here saying newchurch who wasnt up to it at all but hey they know better

BUT ...but ....we had to play Newchurch in the League side for 2-3 games to see if he was up to it

FFS ...you only had to watch one SANFL game to see, I had a better chance of getting an AFL game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those votes prove is that our list drops away dramatically after our top four or five players.

Whether that is due to poor drafting, list management, coaching, bad luck with injury or the players themselves is up for debate.

Fog the most disappointing for mine.

Or what the coaches value highly in a player, doesn't win you games of footy

Nicks went on record this year saying that he'd never valued talent, but he's starting to turn. If we didn't know better, you'd think he's straight out of the Neil Craig school, put 22 fit plodders that are drilled to within an inch of their lives out there and success will follow.

It must be enormous disappointment for the Bigfooty “Experts” that three whipping boys (Smith, Keays and Murphy) finished in the top ten 😆.

Clearly the coaches are clueless since the Bigfooty “Experts” (particularly those that only (occasionally) watch the team on the tellie) are the font of all wisdom. Wasn’t one fxxxen poster keen to trade Lairdy?

Dawson deserved to win and the top three were as expected imho.
Stop banging on about your tellie watchers BS , doesn’t make people understand the game less,

Again Scorpus .....identifying problems, offering no solutions ....yeah get a new coaching group, but no names put up

I asked who are the Coaching panel that would meet your expectation on player assessments ......surely you have a solution ....or can you only bitch & moan like a teenager

There's so many holes in your rant, it's really not worth a rational discussion

Would you like me to take a random guess at how other coaches would rate our players? Is that what would satisfy your requirements for posting on the forum?

My solution would be going through a proper process to find better coaches, not picking a random name based on the vibes

Remember THE MARSTRO that just happened to drive our playing group into a toxic mess. Some posters suggested the belief that there was a need for a mental resilience boot camp in the first place was trouble. Whereas AFGM donated his time to drive the bus.

Would you like me to take a random guess at how other coaches would rate our players? Is that what would satisfy your requirements for posting on the forum?

My solution would be going through a proper process to find better coaches, not picking a random name based on the vibes
So burns , rahilly are no good ? Mathew clarke hes no good either ?

All those votes prove is that our list drops away dramatically after our top four or five players.

Whether that is due to poor drafting, list management, coaching, bad luck with injury or the players themselves is up for debate.

Fog the most disappointing for mine.
You do realise 22 doesn't go into 10

Therefore you cannot arrive to the conclusion of your post, which I assume is premised on players you don't like... getting into the top 10

Taking your argument on board, the drafting of Pedlar, Soligo, Rachele, Murray, Nankervis, Fog, Thilthorpe, have been poor decisions, because they haven't achieved Top 10 status in 2-3 years 🤔

The same players, who made-up the best fwd line of any AFL Club this year 🤔

You do realise 22 doesn't go into 10

Therefore you cannot arrive to the conclusion of your post, which I assume is premised on players you don't like... getting into the top 10

Taking your argument on board, the drafting of Pedlar, Soligo, Rachele, Murray, Nankervis, Fog, Thilthorpe, have been poor decisions, because they haven't achieved Top 10 status in 2-3 years

The same players, who made-up the best fwd line of any AFL Club this year
Yeah that,s great logic

So burns , rahilly are no good ? Mathew clarke hes no good either ?

Matthew Clarke is at least a proven AFLW coach.

I'm not suggesting that every coach we have is flat out "no good", just that they are unproven and their judgement shouldn't be used to take pot shots at posters because they ultimately haven't gotten the success to justify their actions yet.

And yes I would review the coaching panel with a look to improvement.

Sloane voted pretty much as expected I would have thought. Pretty solid up until around mid year and then fell away as the year wore on

Murphy had a solid consistent year but very surprised he finished in he top ten

Is obviously not a top ten talent in the side.

Pedlar Rach Soligo will fly past next year with more consistency within games

To be fair to Sloane, he started the year off in better form than he’d had for a few years prior to his knee. Fell away drastically as the year progressed.

Back