Toast Tex Walker and Jordan Dawson both AA 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The case for 2015 is a lot weaker. He finished a clear 4th on the goal kicking ladder - 21 goals behind Kennedy, and 4 goals behind Betts & Cameron, all of whom kicked more goals per game than Tex.
Would make sense except Jack Riewoldt made the team over Cameron & Tex. Tex should've made the team in 2015.

It’s almost unanimous that Tex is the most heart and soul player for the crows, who comes in at no 2?
What's your criteria of a hart and soul player?

I would say it's someone who gives it all for the club regardless of talent or external pressure/noise. By that definition it's probably Ben Keays.

I think Jordan Dawson would be it if you factor in on field inspiration

is he almost equal with Jarman as our best ever kick - both sides - especially when kicking for goal? Tex has Jars covered for distance and his left foot is a thing of absolute bloody beauty. That left foot roost from 50 after baulking Allir in the showndown - it never looked like missing. His regular snaps from the boundary including last weekends left foot snag from probably 35 metres. Just such a pure strike of the ball. Fair dinkum, he must be the best non-preferred kick in the whole of the AFL isnt he?
Yep, both beautiful kicks.
I think Jarman still has him covered just because he was so good on the run hitting up passes (eg Dunstall)
It's probably the highlight of the game for me still, seeing amazing kicking skills

What's your criteria of a hart and soul player?

I would say it's someone who gives it all for the club regardless of talent or external pressure/noise. By that definition it's probably Ben Keays.

I think Jordan Dawson would be it if you factor in on field inspiration
Not sure if ive described it right as heart and soul.
But i think you've got to have played well over 150 games for the club to qualify for whatever im trying to quantify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would make sense except Jack Riewoldt made the team over Cameron & Tex. Tex should've made the team in 2015.
They claimed Reiwoldt took more marks or had more goal assists or something to that effect as the reason he made it in over Tex, even though Tex had more impact on games

Massive congrats to our stars Tex and Jordy on making the AA team!!! For Tex, long overdue, and for Jordy, only the beginning 🥳

Here are some other mildly noticeable placing in the AFL Players Association awards:
~ Daws 8th and Tex 9th place in Most Valuable Player
~ Daws 4th place in Best Captain
~ Max 4th place in Best First Year Player

Nice for them to get some recognition from fellow players ☺️

Congrats to Tex! Love how a champion footballer finally gets his just deserve. Also not sure if it’s been mentioned before, but I love it more how since the racial slur incident, he’s done the time, and now talking purely by his goals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back