Offer To Essendon Players

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of recent Roy Masters quotes from earlier 'stories'.

A bold prediction: the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry into peptide use at Essendon and Cronulla will eventually bring down the AFL leadership, while the reputation of the NRL will be enhanced, particularly with government

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/afl-to-emerge-as-big-losers-from-asada-inquiry-but-nrl-faces-rosier-report-card-20140718-ztv97.html#ixzz3B1uZRLTw

The 18-month long ASADA/Cronulla/Essendon case, now known as “asaga”, is likely to last another three years, irrespective of what happens on Wednesday when past and present Sharks meet to hear proposed sanctions by the NRL.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-saga-likely-to-drag-on-for-another-three-years-20140819-105pyi.html#ixzz3B1vNVQQg

ASADA appeal for an increased ban for Saad

I dont like it, but to be fair Saad took the substance himself. He wasn't taking drugs as part of a club scheme (if that is the case, but from the evidence so far no one can say that players initiated it or took it without the guidance of club staff).

It's all a ploy to take the pressure of North to have to beat Adelaide to keep the Cinderella story of Richmond coming out of nowhere to make the finals alive. This way when North inevitably screw it up; Richmond can still clock in at 9th and make the finals with Essendon being asked to sit this one out again. Every one wins, Richmond get lumped with 9th jokes from all and sundry, however still make the finals so heaps of bums on seats and papers sold.

Like Hot Chocolate said Everyone's A Winner Baby.

ASADA are the smartest players at the table.

Blowing the competition out of the park.

Strategically brilliant.
You need to make it clear that you are being facetious otherwise many in here will actually believe that you mean this.

So Essendon are either going to back themself in and put the club on black

Or

Essendon do an OJ Simpson & escape penalty due to botched investigation / inadmissible evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ings saying on Twitter all offers of a deal need to be signed off by WADA, so interesting if this is legit.

Think more importantly is what would the repercussions be if Ess say yes to six months?

What happens to Hird? Board in November? Do players sue the club? What happens to the case in the Fed Court?
Do they play finals?

I actually dont have too many problems with the players getting 6 months.

Nobody really believes that the players set this up. That the players initiated an intentional doping scheme.

So I am happy with 6 months for them ... if they plead guilty, and offer assistance, then even happy with it in the off season.

BUT

Hird, Corcoran, bomber Thompson, Bruce Reid ... they are the ones I want. They put this into place, or didnt stop it when it was their duty.

ASADA are the smartest players at the table.

Blowing the competition out of the park.

Strategically brilliant.
I'm assuming you mean - meeting their code requirements as they relate to the players and in the process getting their real targets as a result.

Middleton pretty much told ASADA not to proceed until his decision. I think he will view this latest ASADA effort dimly - probably as dimly as Aurora's day in court.

ASADA is going the players, who were not a party to the court proceedings.
Lol the action Middleton was talking about was the show cause notices. In case you missed it, they were issued to the players.

Wow, I misread your previous post about the strategic brilliance of ASADA. I thought you were clever and being facetious. Oh well.

Would snap their hand off if I was one of the EFC players, and ignore any possible bleating from Hird/Thompson about legacies being tarnished etc.

At worst miss finals this year and restricted preseason next year. Essentially tabula rasa for 2015, how good would that be for everyone?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back