Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say yes- only by a nose though.
I disagree. I have them very close together but Lenny gets the nod due to his ability to impose himself in big games. Kemp was an excellent big game player but he wasn't able to lift his team like Lenny could.

Plus that shimmy-to-die-for.

I rated Kemp 70th in the best 100 players I've seen since 1980. I had Hayes at 60. If anyone is interested the thread I made for this is below and my best teams of that era are below that.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/top-100-players-since-1980.1042878/

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-teams-since-1980.1058463/

Feel free to add your views.

Reckon Lake might've done something serious there..

Seems ok now. this is a massacre. I'm hoping we can do this to Carlton tomorrow go into finals with good form.

look how well they move the ball into their 50 though, its crazy when you compare them to us

Hawthorn aren't invincible. The past few weeks have shown that they're not better than Geelong, and are definitely behind Freo. I would put Port on level pegging as well IMO.

Hawthorn aren't invincible. The past few weeks have shown that they're not better than Geelong, and are definitely behind Freo. I would put Port on level pegging as well IMO.

yeah i dont think they are the best, but when they move the ball like this it is really good footy to watch. then you watch our forward 50 entries with players having people hanging off them and you just wonder if we will make it to that level

yeah i dont think they are the best, but when they move the ball like this it is really good footy to watch. then you watch our forward 50 entries with players having people hanging off them and you just wonder if we will make it to that level

Like everything about them on how they play their footy wan't EFC to reach that level.

What? They're clearly, clearly better than Geelong. Your hate is making you underrate them. Just like how you overrate Sydney because you like them for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was the case then surely Brad Dick would've played more.
The year that Collingwood recruited Brad Dick, Shannon Cox and Tyson Goldsack remains the greatest piece of phallic recruiting ever.

Annus horribilis? More like annus phallus.

Which part of the past few weeks have shown them to not be better than Geelong? The 6 out of 7 wins? The only team to beat Sydney in 4 months? or there win against GEELONG? All this with a horrid run of Injuries, You clearly need to look past your hatred for them.

Theyre not.
What? They're clearly, clearly better than Geelong. Your hate is making you underrate them. Just like how you overrate Sydney because you like them for some reason.
Sydney are clearly the best team in the league. It's really not, Hawthorn has terrible defensive lapses (ala Geelong), yes their offensive system is the best in the league but they're clearly the 3rd best team in the league at best.
Which part of the past few weeks have shown them to not be better than Geelong? The 6 out of 7 wins? The only team to beat Sydney in 4 months? or there win against GEELONG? All this with a horrid run of Injuries, You clearly need to look past your hatred for them.
Their defensive lapses against Geelong and Freo, how they let Collingwood with no Beams, Swan and Adams dominate the midfield for a quarter, and quite possibly the most overrated defence in the league.

Their win against Sydney means **** all. I try not to blame the umpires but it was clearly 21 vs 18 on the field that night.

Hawthorn are clearly better than Geelong right now.

That said, due to the uniqueness of their dynamic, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Geelong beat them in the final next week.

Theyre not.

Sydney are clearly the best team in the league. It's really not, Hawthorn has terrible defensive lapses (ala Geelong), yes their offensive system is the best in the league but they're clearly the 3rd best team in the league at best.

Their defensive lapses against Geelong and Freo, how they let Collingwood with no Beams, Swan and Adams dominate the midfield for a quarter, and quite possibly the most overrated defence in the league.

Their win against Sydney means **** all. I try not to blame the umpires but it was clearly 21 vs 18 on the field that night.

Collingwood were up and about in that first quarter and Hawthorn probably weren't really switched on being a round 23 meaningless game for them, they did go on and win by 11 goals though. Freo played unbelievable pressure football against them and it's no shame in losing to them at pattersons stadium, Hawthorn have now earnt home finals though and am expecting a different result next time. If you wanna talk about Hawthorns defensive lapse against Geelong then surely you have to acknowledge the 10 goals in a row the cats let them kick, that is a fair lapse isn't it?

Lol nope. Hawthorn are only second to Sydney. Even that, their not that far behind.

I'd say Freo is next and then a toss up between Geelong and Port for fourth. Geelong's ladder position is flattering them and I think that will show come finals.

As a rough comparison (slightly different circumstances, I know), what was the Easendon V Richmond crowd in the final round last season?
I think a good comparison would be our crowds in late 2012 when we fell of a cliff due to injuries like Collingwood. Our last 3 games were:
Vs Carlton (non-finalists) 59K
Vs Richmond (non-finalists) 47K
Vs Collingwood (finalists) 56K

I've noticed that our crowds don't really dip too low to be honest. I don't think there is a huge gap between the size of Essendon and Collingwood supporters. Success and home ground inflate it.

Was at Vic Gardens the other night watching a movie, and none other then Reece Conca was sitting in front of me. I was so tempted to elbow him in the back of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back