Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotty, I'm sure you can veto if you want, but I don't see why you would. The veto is really there for a number of reasons:
- Ensuring teams don't load up before the playoffs by doing lopsided deals with one or two specific teams that are out of the running;
- Ensuring new players aren't being fleeced by veterans taking advantage of their lack of knowledge.

Neither apply here.

On a different note, has anyone downloaded the new yahoo fantasy app on iPhone? I did, and it's only letting me register for fantasy foozball, while the hockey option is greyed out. Any of you guys seeing the same thing?

Anything goes in the offseason (no veto?)

I don't see any reason to veto here, and typically would only ever call for one if there was blatant collusion or cheating.

Just because a trade may look lopsided, does not mean it should vetoed. There was a furor around a Miller for Semin/Bobrovsky trade two years ago, but the trade ended up being lopsided the opposite way to how many thought at the time.

There are doubts about both Sedin and Smith. The teams have certain needs that they are addressing and different plans for the future (keeper league and all).

Would be interesting to know who's getting fleeced in that trade. Looks 50/50 to me.

I assume he thinks Smith for a third rounder is unders. I'd easily give up a draft pick for him.

Would be interesting to know who's getting fleeced in that trade. Looks 50/50 to me.
I think in terms of the "best player wins" mantra, then Marns is definitely coming out on top there. Sedin is still quality and will put up numbers again this season. However, I have been trying to fix my questionable goalie situation for the last two seasons and I wanted to get another halfway decent keeper to supplement MAF and Lehtonen. It might not be the best goalie corps in the league, but it is 1000x better than what I have had ever since this league began.

This is my reasoning behind the trade. I gave up a lot but I got something I needed as well, so in the end to me it is a 50/50 trade. I'm sure Marns is equally happy or he wouldn't have jumped at my offer.

You pay a premium for goalies in this league. I have learned the hard way over the years.
I've given up Seguin for Mike Smith (and a few other rentals) a couple of seasons ago when I tried to load up my team for a playoff title push.
Last season, a first rounder (which turned out to be this year's pick 4) for Cory Schneider.
Even my last week trade Huberdeau for Steve Mason has a huge bust potential for me, especially if Huberdeau finds his game next to Barkov.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That trade leaves me short a rookie keeper - I am happy to trade away a rookie keeper slot if anyone wants it - or take a rookie keeper off someones hands if they have extras.
Justin Schutlz is a rookie I'm looking to dish off for either a goalie (with picks involved) or a pick or whatever you want.

Will rosters be updated manually when trades are made in the offseason?

Nope - so if you are trading draft picks youll need to keep track yourself.

The roster will account for the trades once you get into the trade module on draft day though.

So when choosing keepers, if we have traded for one or two players who we want as keepers, do we just choose one or two less keepers now and they'll appear on our roster on draft day? Is there any way for you guys (the commissioners) to move players, or are you completely locked out by yahoo?

Regarding the draft picks, I'm gonna start up another thread so we can keep track of it in one place, otherwise I can see it getting a little out of control.

So when choosing keepers, if we have traded for one or two players who we want as keepers, do we just choose one or two less keepers now and they'll appear on our roster on draft day? Is there any way for you guys (the commissioners) to move players, or are you completely locked out by yahoo?

Regarding the draft picks, I'm gonna start up another thread so we can keep track of it in one place, otherwise I can see it getting a little out of control.

Err on that point I'm not sure - I just normally tell the comissioner what I've done and it magically appears on draft day :)

I'm hoping we are not locked by yahoo and can assign a keeper player that is currently on another team to a new team. doofdoof can you confirm?

I'm hoping we are not locked by yahoo and can assign a keeper player that is currently on another team to a new team. doofdoof can you confirm?

Good question. Travelling right now, but will look in the next few days. Most trades can be accommodated, and draft picks are certainly exchangeable right up until the draft

Anyone light on in keepers? I'm looking for a 2 for 1 upgrade.

Potential "give-a-ways" include:

E Staal
M Pacioretty
P Datsyuk
D Perron
P Marleau
D Sedin
T Vanek
J Eberle
B Wheeler

Could even do 3-1 if draft picks or rookie keeper slots involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back