Review Round 23 St Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

[rant]
How these tenth rate SANFL reject umpires got a gig today is beyond me. Most of St Kilda did not play well today, we did not deserve to win but we did not deserve to have that ridiculously hypocritical, one-sided set of rules forced upon us. How a dirty, cheating little snot like Eddie Betts gets treated like a protected species even in front of an Adelaide crowd is beyond comprehension. Absolutely absurd.
[/rant]

You'd want to hope Steven had better disposal efficiency?

He had 11k and 18hb

We know he's a poor kick, worse a bad decision maker....

If he can't handball... Then it would be bad?

How many give and goes today, boomer Harvey... Eat your heart out

Gwilt and CJ certainly gone

Girlfriends, parents and kids on the ground?

If so

Great careers

Wish they could have said something about CJ and Gwilty cos those last few seconds were telling.

Thanks boys. :(

Maybe they didn't want to publish that? Some like to go quietly

You'd want to hope Steven had better disposal efficiency?

He had 11k and 18hb

We know he's a poor kick, worse a bad decision maker....

If he can't handball... Then it would be bad?

How many give and goes today, boomer Harvey... Eat your heart out
Is there any Saints player you do like ?

I don't know many of them?

As footballers, about half... We are the worst team in the league after all?

Should I rate them all?!

Gwilt and CJ certainly gone

Girlfriends, parents and kids on the ground?

If so

Great careers

Spot on. Both played huge parts in our years at the top of the ladder.
Thanks for their service. Sad to see such key members departing (even if their form was down) but i guess its all in the name of the next challenge for the top.

Saw some good things from Ross, Newnes, Murdoch and White (first quarter)

I don't know many of them?

As footballers, about half... We are the worst team in the league after all?

Should I rate them all?!
Just knock it off. The seasons over, a Saints legend is retiring, and two servants probably done as well.

Just give us all a day of peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross did some really good things today, had nice composure with the ball. White looks promising and dangerous when he can actually get some decent delivery in there. He's got good football nous eg. when he outbodied rutten a couple of times. Would have helped if the umpires helped us out a bit; rutten was just holding spence's arm and talia was bloody saddling roo the whole day. Hopefully we nail the offseason because we've got some promising kids coming through! (just look at the injury list too)

Lenny Hayes...
You stand for everything great about our footy club
When the chips were down you always stood up
Your leadership and mentoring will continue to influence players who played with you and against you
The qualities you embody are exemplary ones fit for men or women in sport and in life
No doubt you are and will continue to be a great dad, partner and friend to those around you
We all wish you health, happiness and success in the rest of your journey
Lenny, you rock!!!

Hard to take many positives out of that game.

Steven, Stanley and Fisher were probably my top 3 players.

Steven had his best game for the year and showed why he won our B&F last year.

Stanley did some good work around the ground and beat Jacobs in the ruck when Longer went off.

Fisher got back to his best as a sweeping defender and has earned himself another year.

Jones and Gwilt have apparently retired

I saw Jones get embraced by his gf/wife as they walked off the ground so it doesn't surprise me.

Thought Gwilt might have gone on but like CJ he's probably run his race, both have been great servants for us.

Hard to take many positives out of that game.

Steven, Stanley and Fisher were probably my top 3 players.

Steven had his best game for the year and showed why he won our B&F last year.

Stanley did some good work around the ground and beat Jacobs in the ruck when Longer went off.

Fisher got back to his best as a sweeping defender and has earned himself another year.

I saw Jones get embraced by his gf/wife as they walked off the ground so it doesn't surprise me.

Thought Gwilt might have gone on but like CJ he's probably run his race, both have been great servants for us.
Yes I saw Jones wife, that boy is Batting above his average

The Good

Steven's run and carry, Ross's poise, Lenny's heart, Stanley in the ruck, Murdoch's kicking, Spencer's 1st Q and Fisher's game in defence.

The Bad

Our lack of pace and pressure thoughout the middle of the ground. Lack of forward pressure enabling the Crows to rebound from HB at ease. Lack of a good medium sized forward. Montagna's "efforts", the umpiring, Wright's headknock and Billy Longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back