Port wearing away strip - now ok to wear prison bar jumper - AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

just plain stupid by the afl. if either team has to wear a clash jumper it SHOULD be us.
But you don't have a suitable one, the one the AFL approved isn't good enough, which of course means the ****wits at the AFL should never have approved it in the first place. AFL should have requested Richmond submit a new clash kit after the West Coast debacle.

Can we use your spoon to stir all our tears?

Good one! Betting you're the class clown with quick-witted, original humor like that. I'll make sure I note it down and use it with all my mates so they think I'm as clever as you.

Why is everybody having a go at Richmond? The AFL made the decision not my team. Our clash jumper has been ok in the past. There is a huge difference between it and the Port home jumper.
For those having a go at us, please direct your anger towards the AFL hierarchy and not the tiges.

Thank you.
because

"We are therefore adamant that we should be able to wear our traditional black home strip and it's incumbent on Richmond to wear a guernsey that doesn't clash with ours"

if u actually had an effective clash strip, like port does, then they wouldnt be forced to wear the clash strip. If the roles were reversed, Richmond wouldnt be wearing their yellow strip to counter the clash at the MCG. dont get me wrong, the AFL should have pulled u up on it if it is not appropriate for September use(which is stupid itself) and u arent the only club which poor clash uniforms. but a club which has followed the rules better shouldnt be punished by one who hasnt.

Christ talk about first world problems.The Port away strip is one of the best in the AFL..Why would anyone give a stuff about the team wearing it this weekend? Ken Hinkley and Tracis Boak certainly wont.There are 10 clubs who would get out there in Ballet gear if it gave them a chance to continue their season. Let it go please.

Trust the AFL to backflip and accommodate a "big 4" club.

Port get a home final and the occasion is going to be snatched from them because Richmond just happened to make finals?

The VFL ended in 1990. This shouldn't even be an issue and yet it is. The AFL makes the whole competition look so amateur compared to other codes, its rediculous. Multiple EPL clubs have identical strips and they don't clash? If they do then the AWAY team is told to sort it out, not the home team.

AFL needs to sort out a proper clash policy, grow a set and then enforce the damn thing.

Fined for obeying the rules? That's fair.
Sorry, may have not explained it very well.
If the AFL had a proper functioning clash jumper policy, and Richmond attempted to use that as their clash jumper, then they should be fined for not having a choice of two jumpers that don't clash.

Can't wait for a club to finally stand up to the AFL and wear the right jumper. Im sure most of the members would foot the fine.
Afl would use the umpires to get the desired result no fine needed.

This is not a difficult thing at all.
300px_MG_0085.jpg
Nah, I don't like jumpers with animals on them that resemble kids' stuffed toys. :p I'd rather have a yellow jumper with a black sash

Christ talk about first world problems.The Port away strip is one of the best in the AFL..Why would anyone give a stuff about the team wearing it this weekend? Ken Hinkley and Tracis Boak certainly wont.There are 10 clubs who would get out there in Ballet gear if it gave them a chance to continue their season. Let it go please.

We'd even run out with dildos around our necks.

Just say the word AFL...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate if your jumper is so sacred then wear it at training, this has nothing to do with the West Coast Eagles, in fact it has nothing to do with Richmond either. The AFL should tell you to get a clash jumper that this does not happen.
This is a farce mate and if you can't see how unprofessional the AFL is, your club is and this whole system is then you are living in fairy land.
why is our club unprofessional? We have a clash jumper which the afl has approved. We have worn it before against port with no issues. This is an afl issue and says more about the afl then it does about anything else.

because

if u actually had an effective clash strip, like port does, then they wouldnt be forced to wear the clash strip. If the roles were reversed, Richmond wouldnt be wearing their yellow strip to counter the clash at the MCG. dont get me wrong, the AFL should have pulled u up on it if it is not appropriate for September use(which is stupid itself) and u arent the only club which poor clash uniforms. but a club which has followed the rules better shouldnt be punished by one who hasnt.
Have your eye sight tested because our clash strip with white shorts is so different from the Port home jumper it isn't funny. I can't help it if the AFL deems it not not be adequate for a final! We have followed the rules mate. The clash jumper was approved for games by guess who - the AFL!!!

As much as the decision sucks I think Port should embrace it and try to use it as an advantage... tell all the fans to come wearing white and create a 'whiteout' Miami Heat style :cool:

why is our club unprofessional? We have a clash jumper which the afl has approved. We have worn it before against port with no issues. This is an afl issue and says more about the afl then it does about anything else.
Because your club should never have submitted that kit in the first place, just because the AFL was stupid enough to approve it doesn't absolve Richmond of not coming up with a proper kit in the first place.

Not Richmond's fault, they're looking after number one.

AFL have needed to man up for a long time on this issue. But they won't.

Richmond isn't "looking after number one". Ask most Richmond fans and they agree that Port should wear their preferred strip in a home final. Richmond gets no more of a say in this than Port. We actually have several potential clash strips we could wear this week, but unfortunately that would breach the AFL's merchandise deals. Blame money taking precedence over common sense, but I don't see how this is an issue of Richmond over-reach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back