Port wearing away strip - now ok to wear prison bar jumper - AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ talk about first world problems.The Port away strip is one of the best in the AFL..Why would anyone give a stuff about the team wearing it this weekend? Ken Hinkley and Tracis Boak certainly wont.There are 10 clubs who would get out there in Ballet gear if it gave them a chance to continue their season. Let it go please.

So let Richmond do that

Richmond isn't "looking after number one". Ask most Richmond fans and they agree that Port should wear their preferred strip in a home final. Richmond gets no more of a say in this than Port. We actually have several potential clash strips we could wear this week, but unfortunately that would breach the AFL's merchandise deals. Blame money taking precedence over common sense, but I don't see how this is an issue of Richmond over-reach.

You could actually make a legit clash jumper like all the SA/WA teams.

And not just add some yellow trimming.

Yep, happened to us Vs Richmond funny enough a few weeks ago
Also happened to West Coast in a final v Carlton a couple of years ago - West Coast were made to wear White shorts with the horrible tri-panel (made it look even worse).

Wouldn't be a problem if WC adopted the Royal Wings full time - but as tri-panel was the home jumper, Carlton should have been forced to wear white.

Good one! Betting you're the class clown with quick-witted, original humor like that. I'll make sure I note it down and use it with all my mates so they think I'm as clever as you.

You forgot the gif...

;)

Because your club should never have submitted that kit in the first place, just because the AFL was stupid enough to approve it doesn't absolve Richmond of not coming up with a proper kit in the first place.
That is close to the most ridiculous post I have seen on BF. And that is saying something!!!

That is close to the most ridiculous post I have seen on BF. And that is saying something!!!

How is it wrong?

Look at the teams with proper clash jumpers (like Port Adelaide). Not how their clash jumper looks almost completely different to their home jumper.

That's why it won't clash with any jumper that their home jumper clashes with.

Everyone blaming Richmond need to open their eyes. Sure, Port Adelaide deserve to wear their home jumper, but saying a home final equates to wearing a home jumper is silly. They still have a home final, regardless of which jumper they wear. It is still played at Adelaide Oval, is it not? Yes, a home jumper would make it seem more of a Port home game, but with the amount of Port supporters there, a jumper is not going to influence the result either way.

Also, everyone needs to realise that the AFL approved Richmond's clash jumper prior to the start of the season. Why is it our clash jumper is good enough to use in the Home and Away season, but not in a finals match? Seriously stupid.

Those saying Richmond should pay a fine for not having an adequate clash strip need to realise the AFL APPROVED the jumper. So for the AFL to say we don't have an adequate clash strip, if anyone should pay a fine, it should be the AFL , and paid directly to the Port Adelaide Football Club for compensation for the potential loss of merchandise sales.

We are not the bad guys here. We submitted a jumper that complied with the AFL's Jumper and Clash Policy, and it was approved for use. The AFL are the ones who need to be lambasted for approving what they now deem as inadequate.

Me, personally, I believe Port should wear their Home Jumper. We have played them in our clash strip and white shorts every time we played in SA, so why is it not good enough now?

Yet this was fine on Saturday

The AFL made us change our red clash strip because "red is a dark colour and all games must be light vs dark".

Yet we wear our home strip against Carlton and Collingwood.

Carlton and Collingwood are basically identical from behind - never wear clash strips against each other.

AFL logic.

Everyone blaming Richmond need to open their eyes. Sure, Port Adelaide deserve to wear their home jumper, but saying a home final equates to wearing a home jumper is silly. They still have a home final, regardless of which jumper they wear. It is still played at Adelaide Oval, is it not? Yes, a home jumper would make it seem more of a Port home game, but with the amount of Port supporters there, a jumper is not going to influence the result either way.

Also, everyone needs to realise that the AFL approved Richmond's clash jumper prior to the start of the season. Why is it our clash jumper is good enough to use in the Home and Away season, but not in a finals match? Seriously stupid.

Those saying Richmond should pay a fine for not having an adequate clash strip need to realise the AFL APPROVED the jumper. So for the AFL to say we don't have an adequate clash strip, if anyone should pay a fine, it should be the AFL , and paid directly to the Port Adelaide Football Club for compensation for the potential loss of merchandise sales.

We are not the bad guys here. We submitted a jumper that complied with the AFL's Jumper and Clash Policy, and it was approved for use. The AFL are the ones who need to be lambasted for approving what they now deem as inadequate.

Maybe you could resubmitted a clash jumper after the West Coast game?

How is it wrong?

Look at the teams with proper clash jumpers (like Port Adelaide). Not how their clash jumper looks almost completely different to their home jumper.

That's why it won't clash with any jumper that their home jumper clashes with.
It's wrong because Richmond put forward several designs to the AFL as the clash strip and that is the one the AFL ticked off. Ignorance of fact is no excuse for saying things that are just plain wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because your club should never have submitted that kit in the first place, just because the AFL was stupid enough to approve it doesn't absolve Richmond of not coming up with a proper kit in the first place.

Yes it does. Like, it literally does. Because the AFL approved our clash strip, we are absolved of all blame. That's how this works.

Have your eye sight tested because our clash strip with white shorts is so different from the Port home jumper it isn't funny. I can't help it if the AFL deems it not not be adequate for a final! We have followed the rules mate. The clash jumper was approved for games by guess who - the AFL!!!
your clash is a half hearted attempt which has caused problems before.

i didnt say you didnt follow the rules, i said u didnt follow the rules better than port. they are being punished; not you. the AFL rules are worse than your clash strip. AFL should never have accepted this if u cant wear it in September. should never accepted it at all in the first place.

and yes im a blind old fogey who needs new glasses watching on a internet steam at 240pp. what of it.

It's wrong because Richmond put forward several designs to the AFL as the clash strip and that is the one the AFL ticked off. Ignorance of fact is no excuse for saying things that are just plain wrong.
If that's the one they approved I can only guess at how bad the other options were.

Richmond submitted a whole bunch of minimal designs.

The AFL was wrong to accept them but Richmond should have just gone with a proper clash jumper like the SA/WA teams did

But as usual it's one rule for the Vics and one rule for the SA/WA teams

our fans like it and the afl approved it. Seems like a win win to me.
No it just makes you all stupid.

I'm not saying Richmond should get fined here as it's the AFL that was the dickheads that approved it but Richmond's has to share the blame here for rules lawyering instead of submitting a design that met the spirit of the rule.

why is our club unprofessional? We have a clash jumper which the afl has approved. We have worn it before against port with no issues. This is an afl issue and says more about the afl then it does about anything else.

It is unprofessional because when asked to put a clash jumper you guys won't deviate far from your home jumper. Make no mistake I love your home jumper and I love the traditions of our game but it is 2014 now. This traditional jumper crap is ridiculous.
The biggest sporting clubs in the world have no issue with these petty issues yet some footy clubs actually think it is of some importance.
Yes the AFL is at fault here I agree, but ti still comes back to you not designing a real clash jumper to start with, the fact the AFL approved the one you put forward makes it even sillier.

Maybe you could resubmitted a clash jumper after the West Coast game?

Think about it. Designing a new clash jumper with a month to go in the season. With the time it would take to design, process and order their jumpers, we would still have this problem.

Not to mention the poor merchandise sales of the jumper with a few rounds to go in the season.

Richmond have an ideal clash strip at the moment. It is our VFL clash strip. Surely they could back order more next season, put the AFL and sponsorship logo's on it and be down with it.

Why are Richmond not wearing this jumper with white shorts? There would be no clash at all.
portwinhero.jpg

All that any club can do is comply with the regulations that the AFL give us. We did, the AFL accepted it, and we've used that jumper vs Port in the past with no issues. You cannot seriously lay the blame for this at Richmond's feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back