Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

I made the mistake of reading Facebook comments. To sum them up:

- We sulked and whinged about nothing.
- Richmond will smash us regardless of what we wear.
- We will be taking to the field in another club's guernsey. Port Power, established 1997, etc.
- Adelaide should now be permitted to wear the state guernsey.

However tempting it may be, don't do it.

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. I agree with this. It's beyond me what the AFL are thinking here. They should have at least come to us and said, you have 48 hours to get a more appropriate clash jumped, to which we'd point to our VFL jumper.

Very very strange decision.
ive always thought richmond should just invert the colours, similar to this

DSC05933.jpg

Got it thanks.

I cannot see why Richmond could not have worn their clash strip which Brendan Gale points out they have worn against us in away games since 2010.

I still think we should be wearing the BinB but I guess this an acceptable deal. I am also pissed off that we need Collingwood's approval to wear the PB design.

What an absolute ******* farce.

I love the Prison Bars: it's our heritage but not our brand that we are building today, BiB is what we should be wearing on the big stage.

the jumper we wore for 100 plus years isnt a token jumper.

The jumper might not be but the way wearing it has come about is. Make no mistake the AFL, sorry Collingwood, are only allowing this to extricate themselves from the shite and from that aspect this is tokenism or perhaps compromise.

I have mixed emotions, happy to be wearing the PB but pretty angry about being treated as second class by the AFL.

I hope this time the design is close to the original lace up but that is another issue. I will pop a valium and go service the old walking frame just to get my mind off all things AFL.

I was agreeing the quoted poster. As I said Richmond should produce a predominantly white guernsey with a yellow sash and black edging. They have all week.
good call.
We are the ones still changing.Not them.
Our home jumper is all black with a teal and white V.
As much as I love the history of the PAFC I don't think we should have to wear another jumper.
This is a complete * up by the AFL and they are just trying to wash it over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conspiracy Theory alter.

Was this set up a few weeks when we tried to get the PB's for the Carlton game??? I assume we will be able to market the s**t out of the guernsey!! Or does the AFL have to placate Eddie on this one??

Tbh this makes me more anxious when was the last time we won in prison Guernsey in the afl? I knew we lost last round last year hopefully its not a bad omen for finals :oops:

As much as I love the PBs, I still feel like this is giving in to the flogs. A bit of deflection to make the natives settle. We should be playing in our BiB jumper end of story.
I agree and would be strong on this if not for the immediate I got thinking about a final in the PB hhhnnnngggggg

Is this is the sort of AFL brainfades we are to expect under Gilligan's rule? As much as I am over the moon about wearing the PB jumper...I am confused about what is the thinking with the AFL in the first place. Surely they would have forecast that there would be backlash?
That's the thing. They are that arrogant they wouldn't have forecast a backlash. Everyone is on the Richmond train over here at the moment and your over in SA. Barely would have registered in their minds that port fans might care.
Also makes me want to spew that the AFL had to ask Eddie for permission. Who runs this f**ken comp.

How many times have we worn the prison bars? And how many times have we won wearing them? We still come out of this shafted. Hopefully it makes us into the Port that always got the short end of the stick from the SANFL and we just stuck it up them by winning their premiership.

Note to self : Purchase a PB jumper tomorrow.(#28)

Is this is the sort of AFL brainfades we are to expect under Gilligan's rule? As much as I am over the moon about wearing the PB jumper...I am confused about what is the thinking with the AFL in the first place. Surely they would have forecast that there would be backlash?

They don't care about SA or WA fans

I think the afl need to grow a pair of balls and sort the clash s**t out. Clearly the idea of a big Victorian club wearing a clash strip in the finals is just not something the VFL is capable of.

*silly people.

Gillion will be the shittest of all s**t CEOs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back