Port wearing away strip - now ok to wear prison bar jumper - AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I'm happy wearing this Guernsey...

Failing to see how the AFL deems letting Port wear the prison bars a suitable solution to the problem it has created.
By allowing that they now look even stupider because there is zero argument as to why Richmond can't just wear their clash with white shorts...

Smh
They said that the richmond clash wasn't suitable for a final - meaning it looks like shite. Can't say that about the PB.

If the AFL can force Port to print up new jumpers on the run then surely logic would see that because Richmond have submitted a hopeless clash jumper thenwhat they wear this week is out of their hands. they should be forced to print up a yellow jumper this week and wear it. I suggest as the ultimate punishment they should base it off of the Port training jumper they wore against Collingwood.
upload_2014-9-1_20-49-5.png

Yet they made Adelaide wear its terrible clash guernsey in the 2012 Prelim.
If ever a guernsey looked shite and wasn't suitable for a Final...
St Kilda 2010 GF there would have been no issue if both clubs had worn their traditional jumpers i.e Collingwood wear the white one.

If the AFL can force Port to print up new jumpers on the run then surely logic would see that because Richmond have submitted a hopeless clash jumper thenwhat they wear this week is out of their hands. they should be forced to print up a yellow jumper this week and wear it. I suggest as the ultimate punishment they should base it off of the Port training jumper they wore against Collingwood.
View attachment 77154
I really like that Richmond mockup. It has a retro feel.

The madness continues, now Port are going to wear the prison bars? WTF? The lunatics are running the asylum and Gilligan has turned into his namesake literally! FFS can we get some common sense here and reverse this stupid freaking decision and get Port in their normal home strip and Richmond in their away strip, i want to watch the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty funny.

Why did the AFL sign off on Richmond's alternate strip if it still clashes?
Now their proposing Port wear their prison bar guernsey which still clashes - and Collingwood oppose Port wearing.
Makes sense?!

what a mess. its good they allow Port to wear mostly the jumper they want in the end but that is only a short term solution. im yet to be convinced that it will it actually correct the issue. what would have happened if Richmond had to play WCE. WC would have played in the WA state jumper which is what Richmond should be playing in?????

also show some initiative Richmond and get a decent clash jumper which actually works and stop hiding behind the stupidity of the AFL. it might not fully clash with Port, but it still doesnt solve every clash(see above). in most sports, if you are the away/2nd team, its your job to resolve the clash.

In the pre-season, the AFL must fix this. Richmond and any other team which has a clash on a away day must resolve to fix it. its not an old boys club anymore. it is a professional organisation with a (small) worldwide following. if any organisation bar the AFL and the clubs has any say on jumpers, then it the worst indictment any sport can nearly get. talk about selling out.

What I don't get is how the AFL has directed clubs to design white clash strips (well that's what Trigg fed us when we went with a white clash strip) yet Richmond can simply add two yellow strips on their guernsey and presto, clash guernsey approved.

Hell, Richmond could simply reverse their colours and have a pretty good clash strip.

Your mistake there was listening to Trigg

In the pre-season, the AFL must fix this. Richmond and any other team which has a clash on a away day must resolve to fix it. its not an old boys club anymore. it is a professional organisation with a (small) worldwide following. if any organisation bar the AFL and the clubs has any say on jumpers, then it the worst indictment any sport can nearly get. talk about selling out.
This would be my solution for St Kilda
Dark (Primary) Kit
71041_bb746b45a000e9d0c12ffc1087d09613.png

with Black Back with White Numbers, Black Shorts, Tri-Colour Socks with Black Top

Light (Secondary) Kit
71046_57829fd53eee76d3d76233f5fc8e88e1.png

with White Back with Black Numbers, White Shorts, Tri-Colour Socks with White Top

Clash Kit
71043_ed2cbb0039c8703a705eb308121b3919.png

with Red Back with Black Numbers with White Outline, Red Shorts, Tri-Colour Socks with Red Top

Easy solution ... Port wears there home jumper, Richmond can wear their terrible clash jumper

If it makes Richmond look shit in a final, then perhaps that'll be motivation enough to create a proper one and maybe the afl thinks about the style of jumper it actually approves of being a clash

Yet they made Adelaide wear its terrible clash guernsey in the 2012 Prelim.
If ever a guernsey looked shite and wasn't suitable for a Final...

This whole "not suitable for finals" and now the compromise just doesn't make sense

Having to agree this being due to c7 meddling seems to be more and more likely

How much control is the afl willing to cede to the afl?

Fixturing

Game times

Now jumpers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back