TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I figured this game deserves it's own thread, definitely in my top 5 most anticipated games.
I really enjoyed the first Forza Horizon, Playground Games really pushed the 360 to the limit there.
I'm expecting them to do great things with the sequel on XB1.

anthemboxshotsx360rigxlsda.jpg

anthemboxshotleftv3-cv6sqd.jpg

IGN Preview - http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...orza-horizon-2-ign-first?main_twitter=&page=1

Screens:

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-two-ignjpg-958be1.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-one-ignjpg-958be4.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-five-ignjpg-958be2.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-three-ignjpg-958be5.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-four-ignjpg-958be3.jpg

Summary

• Releasing in Fall (Spring) 2014 for XB1 & 360
  • XB1 Version being developed by Playground Games and based upon Forza 5 engine
  • 360 Version being developed by Sumo Digital and based up Horizon 1 engine
  • Set in Southern Europe
  • Dynamic lighting
  • All new weather effects
  • Removing barriers
  • Bigger game world with over 100hrs of playtime
  • Seamless online intergration
Quote from IGN Preview

We’re poised on the start line of our first race in Forza Horizon 2 in the very latest mad minotaur out of Sant’Agata Bolognese, the new Lamborghini Huracán. The replacement for the best-selling Gallardo, the Huracán cuts a menacing shape across the screen. Its 5.2L naturally aspirated V10 protests as it snarls through its rev range. It’s like a lion on a leash, straining to set off.

The warm Italian sun overhead bakes the bright yellow bodywork of the Huracán as a quintet of aerobatic jets streaks above the assembled grid, belching fingers of green, white, and red smoke behind them – the iconic tints of il Tricolore.

The racers hit the gas and, almost instantly, the bulk of them divert through a nearby field of crops in a desperate scramble to save a few seconds on the way to the first checkpoint. It’s a brief but frantic off-road stampede as cars jockey for position while hurtling across the bumpy paddock. Fences splinter. Plants are scattered and threshed by the screaming pack of supercars bearing down on them.
The off-road adventure is cut short when the race re-joins the road and begins winding along the ocean. This segment demands a little more finesse than the foot-to-the-floor blast through some unfortunate Italian farmland. There are not just walls and guardrails to avoid here, but civilian cars. Our opponents dart around the sluggish locals, some successfully, some less so, as a rudely shunted sedan is sent spinning into our path.

Deftly drifting the all-wheel drive Lambo around the seaside bends, and threading it through the traffic, the handling remains instantaneously familiar. Forza’s typically top-notch driving dynamics feel as if they’ve again made the trip from the Motorsport series to Horizon 2 more-or-less unadulterated.

In other words, the Southern European setting was immediately fresh, but things remained the same behind the wheel.

Then the weather took a turn.

Cool! (whats that mean?)

I might give this a look. I only played the demo of Horizon on the 360 and it didn't really appeal to me. But this being in Europe makes it a lot more attractive.

Well it means that it will be Full HD 1920x1080 and it will be locked at 30FPS like the original game was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back