PS5 Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So far ive only had 2 bugs. one was the button prompt not showing up after a phone call, but still let me swing there. and the other was a rooftop not rendering in a cutscene. and after the cutscene it crashed.

But seeing a bunch of people on twitter [many with Xbox photos] posting bugs.
I dont understand those types. I didnt think Starfield was good. at times it was fun other times a slog. but didnt go around shitting on it.

I'll get this eventually, though I'm not as infatuated with these games as some on here. They're really solid and eye popping, not sure the general gameplay loop is all that interesting for me personally.

Fallen through the map a few times now. Also had an issue where the game obviously didn't expect me to backtrack cause it put me in "walking mode" so I couldn't jump or web my way out and had to reload a save.

Haven't played this yet but noticing a few games now opting for a 40fps fidelity mode which works well with 120hz panels and VRR. Hopefully it's a trend that follows, especially for ones that struggle to pull off a solid performance mode.

Does this actually feel like you’re playing at 60fps?
Seen it a few times now and was wondering exactly how smooth it is.

Does this actually feel like you’re playing at 60fps?
Seen it a few times now and was wondering exactly how smooth it is.

Haven't tried it in this as I don't have it yet but generally it won't feel like 60 but is noticeably better than 30. Since 40 evenly fits into 120 it has even frame pacing and as that's supposed to be 40 uncapped then VRR keeps it smooth. I'd probably still opt for 60 personally but it's an option that should be considered for games that aim for 60 and can't hold it.

Just started the game

the dialog between Harry and Peter is soooooo cheesy. I just finished god of war ragnarok and I can definitely see a dip in the writing.

Still enjoying it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peoples main gripe seems to be the open world activities.

You know a game is good when the main gripe is something you can skip.

Spider-Man 2 is bloody fantastic. The boss battles are so epic and done incredibly well.

Was enjoying this, but didn't have it on as high a pedestal as others seemed to ... Then I played the zoo section! That just kicked it up to epic!

Combat seems harder than SM1 and MM, got my ass handed to me a few times. Bit better now I'm levelled up a bit. Definitely a lot more hectic in the action parts.

The tertiary quests are ok, EMF ones are pretty mundane. The mysterio ones are annoying, think I'll do them last when I'm OP. That Hailey quest where everything was muted was done quite well.

Needed a break from baulders gate.

Never played either of the previous Spider-Man games, have played a few of the first Arkham games which I didn’t particularly like.

Loving this.

At first I was struggling with traversal. A couple of play sessions later and I’m zipping around no problemo.

Very very good looking game. I’ve barely touched the main missions but really enjoy just being Spider-Man

Had a lot of fun playing SM 2. Fantastic story and some really fun boss battles. I can’t wait for the NG+ patch at the end of the year before giving it another run.

I only ended up running into one glitch and it appeared in the end-credits cutscenes. Someone made a video of it

The game is so good. just did the mission just after the days of play demo
Just finished the Lizzard fight and Peter found out about the origins of the symbiote.

I think i have spent more time doing side stuff and just having fun swinging around the city.

Unlocked the Bodega/cat spider-man outfit for Miles.

The game is so good. just did the mission just after the days of play demo
Just finished the Lizzard fight and Peter found out about the origins of the symbiote.

I think i have spent more time doing side stuff and just having fun swinging around the city.

Unlocked the Bodega/cat spider-man outfit for Miles.
Just did this.

"Destroy us? You said it chose me. It makes me a better Spiderman."

That line was delivered so well!

I'm playing on Spectacular mode (Hard) and the game is surprisingly easy once you get a hold of the combat. Only died 3-4 times. Maybe I'm just getting good, because I sucked at Spiderman 1.

Game is absolutely fantastic though.

Great game, basically more of the first 2. Combat so fun.

Honestly I can understand some of the complaints about the bloat and random mini games though (again, same as the first iirc). You can't skip all of them, some are pretty obvious filler just there to extend the play time.

But meh, small fry in the scheme of things and it seems like most are seeing it that way. 90 and 9.1 user score on metacritic, I thought big games just get review bombed as a matter of course these days lol but it hasn't happened here.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back