Multiplat Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (November 9th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to the club. Will have to play strategically.

šŸ˜¬
Got there yesterday, did a few rounds. I actually find the cabaret stuff where you are just talking to them to be boring as s**t. Live actresses doesn't really make it much better.

Really liked the club management from Y0 and K2.

There's a reference to Yuki in one of the Akame street missions.

Just a heads up (non spoiler) that in one of the Akame requests youā€™re tasked with collecting 7 golden balls. Your reward for that is 1 million yen or 100 health drinks or panties. Choose the parties as your reward. They can be sold for 1.5 million yen.

Just a heads up (non spoiler) that in one of the Akame requests youā€™re tasked with collecting 7 golden balls. Your reward for that is 1 million yen or 100 health drinks or panties. Choose the parties as your reward. They can be sold for 1.5 million yen.

Haven't got that far to collect them all but did lol when I collected one from the crotch of the guy on the boat šŸ˜†

Still on chapter 2 after about 9 hours as well. Feels like it's going to chapter end any moment though.

Not really sure what I'm meant to do for the third pocket racer race unless I'm not meant to win it. Capped out my build at 20 including the 5CP high torque motor or whatever it is that I bought somewhere else. 99 cornering yet still wobbles on corners despite making sure to keep my balance and weight up too. Also start the race at about 16km/h but by the end I'm down to 8km/h and have been lapped out all but one time (and a couple times fell out of the track). All I can think of is maybe I'm not meant to win it yet.

Also not sure if some of the ability upgrades and their descriptions are a bit confusing in their translations. Upgraded some gadget ones but I can't seem to get them to work. It's the ones where it says to hold O to spider grapple, release to pull them in then use triangle or circle to do their ability. I do that and it doesn't appear to actually do anything. They're not heat moves either. Holding O to pull them tends to just sling them away regardless of any following keypress.

Absolutely loving the arena battles. Get Majima to level 20 and heā€™s like a one man wrecking crew lol.

Accumulated 30 million yen, working my way up to 50 million yen to buy this

FYI: Save after every arena battle session because the game doesnā€™t auto save there. I just shut off my console yesterday and lost a bunch of progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derp, worked out the pocket racer battery thing. Had a speed battery in. High capacity battery obviously better for longer races.

The tuning needed to win some of these races is nuts. Heaps of fun though šŸ˜€
Ah, was wondering why my car died in the ass half way through! Cheers.

Ah, was wondering why my car died in the ass half way through! Cheers.

Some of the later tracks are absolutely infuriating šŸ˜†. I spent an hour trying to work out the perfect parts combo for the Master's Cup track. I even resorted to looking up some pocket racer build guides and they weren't even foolproof. There is still a touch of randomness with some of the later tracks. I've finally finished all the races and only one rival match to go. I see there is a track builder so maybe I'll see what crazy designs I can come up with lol.

I canā€™t get over Gaiden and just how good it was. The wait for Infinite Wealth is going to be a long, difficult one lol.

I did notice from the very beginning of Gaiden that it was set in 2019, interesting since I had heard last year that it was set in 2018. Maybe RGG changed that late in development so as not to confuse fans since LAD is set in 2019. It makes more sense for Gaiden to be set in 2019 to make it run concurrently with LAD.

Finished with Platinum. Took about 34 hours. Did pretty much everything bar the last Karaoke and Golf requests. First Yakuza game I've got Platinum for.

I love how Kiryu goes on about how he doesn't kill, then next minute, picks up a gun and shoots 3 guys in the chest.

Pretty solid game all round. Didn't do anything exceptional though. I was initally going to put it in B as the story didn't particularly stand out, but the general fan service and tie-ins with the other stories made it A. That scene at the Temple then solidified it in A! (Seriously, who was cutting onions?!)

Combat was a little too easy, especially how easy it was to get money and level up quickly. I guess that's the downside to doing all side content before moving on. Amon was a bitch at first, until I looked up a video and learnt how to do the Tiger Drop, then it become super easy. The gadgets were a cool idea but a little too gimmicky. Didn't find them overly useful, when I could just pound the s**t out of everyone quicker.

Colluseum fights were fun. Level 20 Majima just rips through everything. I kinda like the idea of Daigo, Majima and Saejima just chilling out in the Fighter's Lounge of the Castle while waiting for Watase to get released!

Infinite Wealth can't come fast enough!

Updated ranking:
Screenshot 2023-11-16 130033.png

I love how Kiryu goes on about how he doesn't kill, then next minute, picks up a gun and shoots 3 guys in the chest.

Was going to post the same thing lol. Heat finishing dudes with a knife won't just leave a little bruise.

I'm going for the plat too. It will be the first and probably only time for these games. Pretty close. Nearly the end of chapter 4 (I assume) and just have two hostesses and two kings I think. Need to double check but I think I've done just about everything else.

Finished with Platinum. Took about 34 hours. Did pretty much everything bar the last Karaoke and Golf requests. First Yakuza game I've got Platinum for.

Pretty solid game all round. Didn't do anything exceptional though. I was initally going to put it in B as the story didn't particularly stand out, but the general fan service and tie-ins with the other stories made it A. That scene at the Temple then solidified it in A! (Seriously, who was cutting onions?!)

Combat was a little too easy, especially how easy it was to get money and level up quickly. I guess that's the downside to doing all side content before moving on. Amon was a bitch at first, until I looked up a video and learnt how to do the Tiger Drop, then it become super easy. The gadgets were a cool idea but a little too gimmicky. Didn't find them overly useful, when I could just pound the s**t out of everyone quicker.

Colluseum fights were fun. Level 20 Majima just rips through everything. I kinda like the idea of Daigo, Majima and Saejima just chilling out in the Fighter's Lounge of the Castle while waiting for Watase to get released!

Infinite Wealth can't come fast enough!

Updated ranking:
View attachment 1853640

Itā€™s amazing how many non-canon kills Kiryu has wracked up during the entire franchise considering they all occur during gameplay. šŸ˜‚

Finished it, holy * the ending

Kiryu may well be my favourite game protag of all time, or Snake from MGS. Infinite Wealth's gonna be.... sad

RGG canā€™t let us down in IW, there needs to be
a reunion with the Morning Glory kids/Haruka.

Just finished as well and got the plat (first and only time I will for these games).

Really well done and filled in the gaps and answered questions I had during LAD7.

Akame was a really fun supporting character. I also liked Tsuruno's story arch. At first he was a typical Omi captain but as it went on he and Kiryu weren't much different. Could see Shishido's betrayal coming from a mile away. Also don't know how Nishitani fell through the cracks of the Omi and his identity wasn't revealed to them until after he was already promoted. It was obvious the moment I saw he was Korean and Koreans in this series always have some connection back to Jingweon.

Kuroda's voice acting during that scene was spectacular. Actually sounded like he was sobbing IRL.

Also noticed during the video with the kids the sub said "we have so</i> much sake". Not a nitpick but thought it was a good example of just how much work goes into typing out subtitles that the closing italic tag was left šŸ˜›.

Still don't know what's up with Kiryu's K-pop hair style for Infinite Wealth either lol.

Lastly, the ending made a point to show that Nishitani and Shishido now work for Daidoji and also that Hanawa had a previous identity and had crossed paths with Kiryu. If these things were omitted then the ending wouldn't have changed, so these have to be developed in IW. One thing I didn't catch though was when Shishido was first supposed to be working for Daidoji? Or is it assumed he was all along? His handler is also a dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back