Multiplat Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (November 9th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I persevered with my entire first run of LAD with the dub thinking that being new characters I would adapt. While I finished it that way I'll never play one of these dubbed again. Maybe if they used localised accents like Ghost of Tsushima did it might have worked better. Hearing Kiryu dubbed for the first time I just had to laugh. I can understand how it's going to attract new fans to the series being more accessible but I doubt any veteran is ever going to play the dub unless they're curious on a subsequent playthrough.

Excited Bob Esponja GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

So damn excited for this. Intended as DLC or not, it’s more Yakuza.

Hopefully in the future Kenzan gets the Ishin treatment. Never played it but again, it’s more Yakuza.

The one series that a gaming studio can absolutely milk and I would be satisfied.

Just read that preload starts on the 6th, so assuming that's tomorrow for us. I must have missed an official announcement but if I search that's what comes up. Going to have Gaiden on my system and not being able to play it for two days until it unlocks ☹️

Just checked, preload starts in 10 hours from now, so midnight. Game releases on the 9th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reviews are dropping. Hold the line! Don't be tempted!

View attachment 1847582

One of the reviews state what we’ve all heard that the main story is around the 10 hour range. I am okay with that because all Gaiden needs to do is bridge the gap between Y6 and Infinite Wealth. It will still be fun as *, at the end of the day it’s Yakuza.

One of the reviews state what we’ve all heard that the main story is around the 10 hour range. I am okay with that because all Gaiden needs to do is bridge the gap between Y6 and Infinite Wealth. It will still be fun as *, at the end of the day it’s Yakuza.
Between the return of the cabaret club and other mini games, I should be able to push that out to 20 hours.

Had a brief read of the Press Start review. Sounds good.

Also, live action hostess club... Going to need to play strategically when the wife isn't around. She won't pop into my room for hours but the very moment something suggestive happens in one of my games she just happens to walk in for whatever reason.

Me during internet chats in Y6 or Ichizu Samurai karaoke in Ishin on the lookout ready to pause and bring up PS5 dash board.

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

Also, live action hostess club... Going to need to play strategically when the wife isn't around. She won't pop into my room for hours but the very moment something suggestive happens in one of my games she just happens to walk in for whatever reason.

Me during internet chats in Y6 or Ichizu Samurai karaoke in Ishin on the lookout ready to pause and bring up PS5 dash board.

Nervous Key And Peele GIF
Yeh, was thinking I was going to need to plan that part!

Just "pre-ordered". Hopefully I can download it remotely in the morning so it's ready when I get back to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back