Multiplat Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (November 9th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like the game takes place some time after Yakuza 6, and then at some point during Gaiden, the events of LAD are taking place.

That's what I had hoped. It was already known it was set between 6 and 7 but with some events of LAD7 like

Kiryu working with Geomijul and being present at the conference where the Tojo and Omi clans announced they were dissolving

I was hoping Gaiden would actually tie into them directly and not just finish before. This way Gaiden and 7 play out simultaneously so Ichiban and Kiryu end up in the same spot timeline wise to setup Infinite Wealth. As in, Infinite Wealth doesn't need to explain any timeline gaps for either character.

Agent style looks wild, and I assume Yakuza is just Dragon style. Finally being able to change clothing outside of legendary is cool too.

Going back to this. I reckon lots of people might be choosing this look. :D

Been thinking of the trailer since it dropped. Does it feel like the game might be as long as say Yakuza 6 going off the trailer? It just felt like a lot was happening. RGG said Gaiden (“Side story” in Japanese) would be a short-ish game but I can’t shake the feeling it will be as long as a main game in the series, from just having seen the trailer.

I just watched the trailer again to find things I might have missed in the initial excitement.

Kiryu is asked if he is going straight to Hawaii, but he says no, he's got other things to do first. So I read that as not only does it look like Gaiden overlaps events of LAD7, but we might actually get a lead into Infinite Wealth.

Also during the karaoke clip... Ono Michio Kun!

Just pre order it on the 8th!

Think About It GIF by Identity

I can’t begin to explain how excited I am to play Gaiden. I replayed Yakuza 0-6 a few months ago and decided on a months-long break to play Gaiden after 6, knowing it will be the game that follows 6 the closest. After Gaiden, I will replay Yakuza: Like A Dragon in Japanese, only played it in English. And then will do the same with Infinite Wealth. There are few gaming series that get me as excited as this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between this, AC Mirage and Spiderman 2, I thought I had enough to get me through to Infinite Wealth, but they all seem kinda shortish so will probably take my time with this. Probably won't 100% it as that requires playing all the minigames, some of which are just s**t, but will see what I can get through.

I'm curious to see how this one ties in with the ending of yakuza 6.

Reckon other yakuza clans will find out that Kiryu is still alive and not dead in this new game.

Wonder if will see Haruka and Haruto? the ending of Yakuza 6 was sad that Kiryu can't be seen or in involed in thier lives

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how this one ties in with the ending of yakuza 6.

Reckon other yakuza clans will find out that Kiryu is still alive and not dead

Wonder if will see Haruka and Haruto
This takes place right after 6 and before, during and after LAD.

Do I need to play LAD?

I don't think playing LAD before Gaiden is necessary, but both Gaiden and LAD would probably be required (just to understand the story unless you only care about gameplay) before Infinite Wealth early next year.

Gaiden happens during Like A Dragon. Without some major spoilers there is a pretty big moment about 3/4 of the way into LAD which must be when Gaiden and LAD cross over. Then from what I understand of the Gaiden story it then must go off on its own for a bit more post events of LAD before they completely come back together for Infinite Wealth.

I don't think playing LAD before Gaiden is necessary, but both Gaiden and LAD would probably be required (just to understand the story unless you only care about gameplay) before Infinite Wealth early next year.

Gaiden happens during Like A Dragon. Without some major spoilers there is a pretty big moment about 3/4 of the way into LAD which must be when Gaiden and LAD cross over. Then from what I understand of the Gaiden story it then must go off on its own for a bit more post events of LAD before they completely come back together for Infinite Wealth.

Fair enough

I've only beaten Yakuza 6 couldnt be aresed playing from yakuza zero 0 espically when the games are fully sub titled 😆

I'm glad future yakuza games will get a western release with full english dub

Fair enough

I've only beaten Yakuza 6 couldnt be aresed playing from yakuza zero 0 espically when the games are fully sub titled 😆

I'm glad future yakuza games will get a western release with full english dub

Well LAD has an english dub if that helps.

I'll often play dubs of other games but these ones I ended up just becomming accustomed to the subtitles as once I learned more about Japanese culture and the tiny amounts of the language I remember from high school helps me understand a lot of the original contexts.

No english dub at launch will come later in a patch.

That's disappointing hopefully it's not too long after also yongyea (youtuber) is doing the english voice over for Kiryu.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back