Multiplat Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (November 9th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember you were taking a break from Yakuza after you played Kiwaki 2. Did you end up going back to it?
Got part way into 3 and got fatigued. I've actually just started playing Judgment though. Been enjoying it, bit different from the Yakuza games.

Got part way into 3 and got fatigued. I've actually just started playing Judgment though. Been enjoying it, bit different from the Yakuza games.

Yeah, the Judgment games are good fun.

Y3 has a good story when you just focus on that, a lot of the game can actually be skipped, mainly the Sunflower stuff. The combat system takes a lot of getting used to, especially coming off Yakuza 0-2. Y4 to 6 is classic Yakuza. Before playing Gaiden, Yakuza 0-6 is necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully forever. Been running around it for so long that it feels like a real place. I love the moments when you're just wandering around a location reminds you of events that happened there in a previous game. That's why I think it feels so real.

What a great looking place to have for the game setting.

“Hi everyone. It seems like we were given the wrong information. We have spoken to retailers that have reached out to SEGA. We can unfortunately confirm that there is NO physical ESRB version of Like A Dragon Gaiden. It will be a digital only title.”

Put the tweet in a spoiler tag as it contains a spoiler if you haven’t played the original series of Yakuza games.

Last edited:
Just some details about the characters, screen shots of them and a little back story. Could be considered spoilery but I don't mind reading about these sorts of things.

Oh man, those screen shots look beautiful. Cannot wait. Yakuza/LAD is always a Day 1 purchase.

Yes, the article is considered a bit spoilery
knowing that we won’t go through the entire game with no one recognising Kiryu
, but it just means I am even more excited.

I thought I already this somewhere but looks like it has been confirmed that this will be digital only release in the west.

The tweet and response indicates it will be digital only. They wouldn’t need to look into anything if it was confirmed to be on disc as well.

Agent style looks wild, and I assume Yakuza is just Dragon style. Finally being able to change clothing outside of legendary is cool too.

It looks like the game takes place some time after Yakuza 6, and then at some point during Gaiden, the events of LAD are taking place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back