Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts: Preliminary Final - Sydney vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly his point, North finished below Port and yet get two finals in their home state. They go on about equalisation when the Victorian sides will always have that advantage over the rest of us.

I see your point here but of course there is two sides to the coin. Geelong despite finishing higher on the ladder than PA and NM had to play a knock out semi final against a team that was in it's own home state. As opposed to PA/Syd/Fre who at least their home games always are against a team that's traveled.

Hawthorn for instance finished 2nd (just behind Syd) and while sydney got to face a travelling side in it's QF Hawthorn had to play a team in Geelong that was as comfortable at the MCG as they were.

You say this most weeks

It is the opposite of 'danger game'. :D
How do you suppose North will get close to us?
They will not get their hands on the ball in the middle, Parker and Kennedy will rip them a new one. Hoping it rains so we bring in Mitchell for a tall, they will be lucky to kick 6 goals.

They will not get their hands on the ball in the middle, Parker and Kennedy will rip them a new one. Hoping it rains so we bring in Mitchell for a tall, they will be lucky to kick 6 goals.

NO! They flogged Sydney in the rain. That is North's best chance, keep the scoreline low. The more dry it is the more it favours the bestter and more skilled side in Sydney

Because they did earlier in the year without there 2 best mids and they will be confident knowing that.
They have also beating all 4 contenders so they know they can do it.
Yes we didn't have Tippett or Reid but we need to use them correctly this week and isolate Thompson and stop going to Buddy all the time thinking he is going to win the game for us time and time again.

NO! They flogged Sydney in the rain. That is North's best chance, keep the scoreline low. The more dry it is the more it favours the bestter and more skilled side in Sydney

If it is wet the game becomes contested, North are a bunch of downhill skiers, they can't play 2 let alone 4 quarters of hard contested footy.
When they flogged us earlier in the year, we were horrible but they only lead by 1 goal at half time and 3 goals at 3Q time.
If it rains they will struggle to score,we will still kick 15 goals. Buddy loves playing North, get ready for a clinic.

Because they did earlier in the year without there 2 best mids and they will be confident knowing that.
Yes we didn't have Tippett or Reid but we need to use correctly this week and isolate Thompson and stop going to Buddy all the time thinking he is going tot win the game for us time and time again.

We have a vastly better team both personel and form wise since then mate i mean i just have to highlight a few things.

ROK 11 disposals
LRT 11 disposals
Playing both Pyke and Derickx who combined for 13 disposals
Rohan 3 disposals
No Tippett, Reid, Goodes.
Our inside mid balance was completely wrong.

Yes we didn't have Tippett or Reid but we need to use them correctly this week and isolate Thompson and stop going to Buddy all the time thinking he is going to win the game for us time and time again.

What happened 18 games ago is almost irrelevant. We have proven that our early season form was the exception NOT the norm.
Yay North for beating us without some of their better players but they simply don't have the team to beat us.
Bombers had them on toast last week and fell in a hole.
Even the Cats tonight got back within a kick even though you could see 3 or 4 of their players were sore.
Our mids will absolutely demolish them.

I don't want to be sitting in the rain! I want to flog North by a ton!

Drinks before! Where is everyone meeting? Lets start at 2pm!

We don't want to flog North, it will just happen.
Our best we will save for flogging Hawthorn under a clear blue sky on a warm September's Grand Final day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvey cant go for that shite surely

Off the ball, hit him flush in the head, and high.

Negligent, low impact (selwood was dazed), high. 125 points, 100% loading= base 250.

We don't want to flog North, it will just happen.
Our best we will save for flogging Hawthorn under a clear blue sky on a warm September's Grand Final day.

I hope you're right, but let's take it one game at a time.

I still laugh at the fact that Norf are comparing "dish" to buddy and how he can match it with him. Tippett maybe, not Franklin.
he has a decent record against him, but if we are to lose to norf of all teams, i will be shattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back